Time to update

Slow Joe

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Stoney said:

oh, it was butt ugly, but a great riding sled, if you ever rode one!

12 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Like the fat chick at the high school dance...... :)

Agreed

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

2006 f7r (chaincase) around 117-119 mph on the gun.  But the drive bearing started going 2nd year :sad: 

I had the 05 with chain case reverse as well....fastest I ever saw was 120, but I guess you could say it was modified, replaced the secondary spring with a much lighter one. I think it came with a Green one that was super stiff, installed the Red one if I am not mistaken and it made a huge difference. Had to replace one of the upper drive bearing as well, but it was the forth season when the wife was now riding it, it happened near Baysville. Sled had between 6/7000 miles, which is not bad for a dry bearing to last as far as I am concerned....routine maintenance stuff.

My wife had her 05 f6 Sabre Cat chain drive radar at 104. That drew some attention that day. She loved that sled when we got it dialed in for her. She still says given the choice she would take a brand new F6 over a new style sled.

Now I have an 800 that won't even break 100mph......:S

28 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

My wife had her 05 f6 Sabre Cat chain drive radar at 104. That drew some attention that day. She loved that sled when we got it dialed in for her. She still says given the choice she would take a brand new F6 over a new style sled.

Now I have an 800 that won't even break 100mph......:S

lol...going backwards it seems.

My wife loved the F7 too, the 05 and 06 had the wider couch like seat....she still reminds me how upset she was when I sold it and she was 4 months pregnant.... 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

15 Tiger 9000 low miles Peterborough area 85 obo that seems like a deal to me sold by Birch point what say you Turbo owners?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/kawartha-lakes/arctic-cat-9000-eltigre/1334707342

Comes with canvas cover, large trunk bag and handlebar bag. All nice added pieces.

He also has the wind deflectors, knee pads and appears to be studded up the middle.

2500 kms. Track will be a 129.

I don't see where you can go wrong at that price. If you can beat him down any more, all the better.

Only thing I'm not a fan of is the Float shocks but some guys like them. I think 02sled rides an El Tigre 7000.

Most say the turbo needs the 137 track.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/kawartha-lakes/arctic-cat-9000-eltigre/1334707342

Comes with canvas cover, large trunk bag and handlebar bag. All nice added pieces.

He also has the wind deflectors, knee pads and appears to be studded up the middle.

2500 kms. Track will be a 129.

I don't see where you can go wrong at that price. If you can beat him down any more, all the better.

Only thing I'm not a fan of is the Float shocks but some guys like them. I think 02sled rides an El Tigre 7000.

Most say the turbo needs the 137 track.

Sounds like a reasonable price for what you're getting. We have the ZR7000 El Tigre's which if I'm not mistaken is the identical sled minus the turbo. Same year as well. If you do pick it up look for the air pump for the shocks. To buy the pump isn't cheap and they tell you not hook up your compressor due to moisture problems. Ours had a list price of about $16K in 2015. I don't know what the turbo price was.

I like ours with the Yamaha triple engines. There is a re-flash for the sleds that the dealer can do and it's no charge to you.

The bags are probably worth about $350 since they are OEM.

The only thing I am not sure about is the instrument cluster in the picture. It has the round dial on the left. Ours is all digital

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Sounds like a reasonable price for what you're getting. We have the ZR7000 El Tigre's which if I'm not mistaken is the identical sled minus the turbo. Same year as well. If you do pick it up look for the air pump for the shocks. To buy the pump isn't cheap and they tell you not hook up your compressor due to moisture problems. Ours had a list price of about $16K in 2015. I don't know what the turbo price was.

I like ours with the Yamaha triple engines. There is a re-flash for the sleds that the dealer can do and it's no charge to you.

The bags are probably worth about $350 since they are OEM.

The only thing I am not sure about is the instrument cluster in the picture. It has the round dial on the left. Ours is all digital

That re-flash was specific to the 7000. Your gauge package came only on the 7000 as it is basically part of the Yamaha motor.

This 9000 has the regular Cat gauge package and the Suzuki twin engine.

And I have a Fox shock pump if anyone is in need.

Edited by Blackstar

28 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I can call and offer him 6, and then by comparison, your $7k offer will seem quite generous :)

Geesus, its a Cat not a Polaris.

• Like 2

In talks we are not to far apart he still believes there is season left i also do if riding Cochrane and every day the adds grow for clean low mile late model Iam not going to jump the gun just yet my current ride is sold so why hurry just takin numbers and wait it out.Cheep ass Joe

• Like 1

No I guess i should have I went 75 probably prompted by your A/C comment LOL figured he would bite that was sight unseen although its been dealer serviced from new and has some goodies but as I said earlier PB Iam seeing so much more coming on the market cause sledding this side of the Pecos is done with the old ride turned into greenbacks time is on my side maybe i can squeeze in a tad newer for a few hundred more,wonder how the left over new sled inventory is at the dealers should be some big mark downs,18 k and up for new hardware in the 150 ish hp range is quite honestly out of my reach nice stuff but cant do it,I do feel badly for these fellas that bought these units and paid large and are trying to recoup sometimes what is half of the purchase price with very little use its a shame the sled market has gone nuts and a correction factor is coming but for a cheap ass broke retiree its Xanadu tons of clean hardware.Shopping Joe

I hear what you are saying Joe. Once the dealers finally realize that winter is over in most parts of the province, maybe the smart ones will start blowing out some sleds very close to their cost,  just to get rid of inventory, so they won,t be carrying 3-4 year old, brand new sleds, still in the crate. If there were killer deals out there, I,m sure some sledders would trade up.

It would be interesting to hear what sledders with say, 2017 - 2018 Sidewinders and Thundercats, and also the other brands of the same model years, are getting, in real dollars, on their gently used, low mileage trade -ins.  

A lot of dealers don,t even want to take trade-ins, and want you to put it on their lot on consignment.

After another generally poor sledding season, I think it is going to be another tough year for dealers trying to suck sledders into the spring break early buyer deals. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Seen my share of Sidewinders these past two seasons mostly a blur on the lakes whenever I seen one stopped I asked the guys what they thought of them didn't find anybody that seemed unhappy  they said the handling was razor sharp some thought that fuel mileage was not near as good as it should be most them fellas were seen running wide open on the lakes so cant imagine why mileage is down,Thundercats seen a few but not many at all and them guys were not slowing down to talk, at list prices on those rockets topping 20 plus out the door and a short season guess ya gotta sled like your in the 24 hrs of Le Mans fuel/beverage/pepperoni hammer down but yea probably a 5 to 6 thou loss in value in the first season,makes me feel like a poor cousin tryin to beat a guy up on a 14/15 sled for a few hundred bucks me thinks the dealers better make a group purchase of knee pads iam far from broke but Damn 20 g,s to up my program to a what is the term here spinegrinder LOL sled the insurance company's might be takin it in the arse this year as trees and such leap out at ya thin ice and such.Joe

4 hours ago, Slow Joe said:

Seen my share of Sidewinders these past two seasons mostly a blur on the lakes whenever I seen one stopped I asked the guys what they thought of them didn't find anybody that seemed unhappy  they said the handling was razor sharp some thought that fuel mileage was not near as good as it should be most them fellas were seen running wide open on the lakes so cant imagine why mileage is down,Thundercats seen a few but not many at all and them guys were not slowing down to talk, at list prices on those rockets topping 20 plus out the door and a short season guess ya gotta sled like your in the 24 hrs of Le Mans fuel/beverage/pepperoni hammer down but yea probably a 5 to 6 thou loss in value in the first season,makes me feel like a poor cousin tryin to beat a guy up on a 14/15 sled for a few hundred bucks me thinks the dealers better make a group purchase of knee pads iam far from broke but Damn 20 g,s to up my program to a what is the term here spinegrinder LOL sled the insurance company's might be takin it in the arse this year as trees and such leap out at ya thin ice and such.Joe

Saw a few blown belt Sidewinders.  Otherwise no other input

Edited by Poncho