AC Axle Nut Spanner Wrench

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I was fucking around earlier with my SnoPro 500 and I discovered the track is tighter than a nuns coochie and I don't have the tool to loosen the rear axle nut...Country Cat has these two tools and obviously the price disparity is big so anybody have any experience with either of these?

IMG_3752.thumb.PNG.ea53ce4196b25ad75106b60a6a74fe8e.PNGIMG_3753.thumb.PNG.16329ae3920b20c5f1aeb535ab5959b3.PNG

Dude, I boogered up those stupid star things with that idiot wrench. AC wanted some retareded price to replace them.  :lmao:

Do yourself a favor, take them off and head to Fastenal and get some washers and nuts.  This set up is the bomb.  Gonna do it to my SX also.  

264.JPG

265.JPG

286.JPG

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dude, I boogered up those stupid star things with that idiot wrench. AC wanted some retareded price to replace them.  :lmao:

Do yourself a favor, take them off and head to Fastenal and get some washers and nuts.  This set up is the bomb.  Gonna do it to my SX also.  

264.JPG

265.JPG

286.JPG

Ever have that nut loosen up?

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

264.JPG

265.JPG

286.JPG

I saw that picture on an old thread I dug up from HCS. :lol:

Like Shelly said....has it ever loosened up on you? 

Hahahahaha! Fucking Arctic Cat fucking their customers with over-complicating the simplest of fasteners. 

Arctic Cat: "Lets put on some hokey fasteners and then charge the customer $240 for a wrench to take them off and on! And they'll gladly pay it because arctic cat loyals are fucking dumb! (sinister laugh)" 

Arctic Cat Buyer: "Just go to the hardware store and buy a 17mm nut for $.12" 

Arctic Cat: "Damn!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nope.  I'm old school so I put a vertical paint line on anything that can loosen so I can keep a quick visual.

Maybe drill a hole in the side of the nut and thread it for an Alan style set screw?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I saw that picture on an old thread I dug up from HCS. :lol:

Like Shelly said....has it ever loosened up on you? 

No.  Also, I scarred up the nut and washer and married them with some JB weld.  Worked like a charm.  

9 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Hahahahaha! Fucking Arctic Cat fucking their customers with over-complicating the simplest of fasteners. 

Arctic Cat: "Lets put on some hokey fasteners and then charge the customer $240 for a wrench to take them off and on! And they'll gladly pay it because arctic cat loyals are fucking dumb! (sinister laugh)" 

Arctic Cat Buyer: "Just go to the hardware store and buy a 17mm nut for $.12" 

Arctic Cat: "Damn!"

Got a couple hundred miles on that Poo yet?  What brand of "piston reliability kit" are you gonna buy?  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Maybe drill a hole in the side of the nut and thread it for an Alan style set screw?

Yeah, just not necessary.  That nut allows for a good amount of torque.  It's not going anywhere.  Right side of skid is loctitied so it's just the left nut that is used for track adjusting.  @Jimmy Snacks Pretty sure your skid is the same.  The right side is loctited from the factory so, you may need a hint of heat to get it off unless somebody has already removed that star.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No.  Also, I scarred up the nut and washer and married them with some JB weld.  Worked like a charm.  

Got a couple hundred miles on that Poo yet?  What brand of "piston reliability kit" are you gonna buy?  :lol: 

Yeah, just not necessary.  That nut allows for a good amount of torque.  It's not going anywhere.  Right side of skid is loctitied so it's just the left nut that is used for track adjusting.  @Jimmy Snacks Pretty sure your skid is the same.  The right side is loctited from the factory, so..you may need a hint of head to get it off unless somebody has already removed that star.

The most TREMENDOUS PISTON RELIABILITY KIT OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, just not necessary.  That nut allows for a good amount of torque.  It's not going anywhere.  Right side of skid is loctitied so it's just the left nut that is used for track adjusting.  @Jimmy Snacks Pretty sure your skid is the same.  The right side is loctited from the factory so, you may need a hint of heat to get it off unless somebody has already removed that star.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its fantastic, believe me!

Two years from now you’ll be back on a doo telling everyone those poos are junk. :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Edmo said:

Two years from now you’ll be back on a doo telling everyone those poos are junk. :lol: 

You could be right! :lol: 

TBH i am noticing that skidoo is still light years ahead of Cat and Poo on certain things. skidoo has the best engineered sleds and best fit and finish in the biz no doubt. I just really like the Axys chassis and front end. However it seems that the G4 is kind of a knock off of the Axys so I would expect skidoo to further refine their new offerings with the best of all brands. Fucking sneaky frenchies!

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

@Zambroski are you buying the extra idler wheels that Cat doesnt provide stock from Cat or are you buying aftermarket? 

Why would I need extra idler wheels?  You mean the ones I had to add the front ones for my SX?  SX don't come with front idlers. 

Fuck...how many Idlers do you need to ride your sleds?  Try riding on snow.  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

If it's RK Tech, don't mention my name....you'll get charged double.  :lmao:

Ive heard nothing but bad things about Kelsey on the forums. :lol: If this poo burns down I will be back on skidoo faster than you can say "piston reliability kit"!

Just now, Zambroski said:

Why would I need extra idler wheels?  You mean the ones I had to add the front ones for my SX?  SX don't come with front idlers. 

Fuck...how many Idlers do you need to ride your sleds?  Try riding on snow.  :lol:

Enough that you dont have to stink out everyone riding with you with the smell of burning hyfax. And also so you dont break one of the 2 rear wheels and fuck up your whole day limping your crippled sled with one broken idler wheel? :lol: 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Ive heard nothing but bad things about Kelsey on the forums. :lol: If this poo burns down I will be back on skidoo faster than you can say "piston reliability kit"!

:lol: I think they've cleaned it up pretty well.  They had a lot of issues with piston chatter that was shredding the skirts.  Lotsa guys swear by using "dino" oil to help.  :dunno: 

Oh hey Cat guys with the new Ctec 800... Skidoo had the same issue with the flames shooting out the exhaust on their sdi engines back in 2005. All they had to do is do a fuel remap. Did I mention that was back in 2005? 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Enough that you dont have to stink out everyone riding with you with the smell of burning hyfax. And also so you dont break one of the 2 rear wheels and fuck up your whole day limping your crippled sled with one broken idler wheel? :lol: 

I've never had a problem with idlers.  But, I pull my skids apart every summer and replace bearings or wheels if they need it.  I like the look of the rear cat skids.  Slick and clean!  I suppose if I rode in low snow for "miles of smiles" I'd probably add the rear outer ones I guess just for insurance.  Some of the XC guys add them.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I've never had a problem with idlers.  But, I pull my skids apart every summer and replace bearings or wheels if they need it.  I like the look of the rear cat skids.  Slick and clean!  I suppose if I rode in low snow for "miles of smiles" I'd probably add the rear outer ones I guess just for insurance.  Some of the XC guys add them.

Yeah well i have been riding in total shit conditions this year. My sled is fucking filthy and the last trip i even sand blasted some of the powder coating off of my skid from riding in the fucking snirt. February better be fucking wintery!!!!!!11111

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I was fucking around earlier with my SnoPro 500 and I discovered the track is tighter than a nuns coochie and I don't have the tool to loosen the rear axle nut...Country Cat has these two tools and obviously the price disparity is big so anybody have any experience with either of these?

IMG_3752.thumb.PNG.ea53ce4196b25ad75106b60a6a74fe8e.PNGIMG_3753.thumb.PNG.16329ae3920b20c5f1aeb535ab5959b3.PNG

When I first saw that $4.95 tool I thought it's a knucklebuster that is going to fuck up the star nut, and then zambos post confirmed it :lol: 

It's like that useless spanner wrench they give you for the coil over springs.

• Like 1