Uniformed TWRA Officer says he was forced to leave Outback Steakhouse Friday Night

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you boys wanna go a tad spendy but still get the best bang for your steak, IMO....  Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  I've had $200 plates that weren't any better than what you can get at Ruth's for $50.

At what point are you just wasting money?   I think anymore than 50 bucks for a steak is a rip off.  We have a local place that everyone raves about. Expensive, long wait.

Went for brunch last weekend, with a group of people. 2-1/2 hours just to get a table.  I'm thinking, what wouldn't taste great after waiting over  three hours to eat and paying 4 times as much for it.    

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

At what point are you just wasting money?   I think anymore than 50 bucks for a steak is a rip off.  We have a local place that everyone raves about. Expensive, long wait.

Went for brunch last weekend, with a group of people. 2-1/2 hours just to get a table.  I'm thinking, what wouldn't taste great after waiting over  three hours to eat and paying 4 times as much for it.    

Time is money, you got ripped off...

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, stop. 

Best steak I've had in a long time! We had our Xmas dinner there and spent well over 2 grand for 17 people.  :hungry:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I was trying to stay somewhat on topic with steak houses.  We’ve actually got really good options for finer cuisine here.  The national chains are what seem to be falling apart.

IMO they are basically upscale sit down fast food restaurants, Texas Roadhouse and Outback are ok once a year when you're out on the fly and want an OK steak along with some heart stopping bread and a cold beer.

Then there are high end chains which are good but pricey........or spendy as you Minnesootans say :bc: 

https://www.eddiemerlots.com/

http://www.mortons.com/locations/

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Prolly one of the best places I have ate in the country is the Cowboy Dinner Tree. Typically months out on reservations...  you make reservations you tell them chicken or steak.....  get a whole chicken or a 30+ oz sirloin when you go to the place.  That way they know which animals to kill out back and how many of each they need to kill.    It is out in the middle of no where though.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

If you boys wanna go a tad spendy but still get the best bang for your steak, IMO....  Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  I've had $200 plates that weren't any better than what you can get at Ruth's for $50.

There it is! :lol::bc: 

19 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Time is money, you got ripped off...

wasted a Sunday.  They did have a nice bloody Mary bar. ...........I think everyone was wasted by the time we got to sat down.

34 minutes ago, Cold War said:

When I left the house to go get a steak dinner.  :lol: Waiting is always my biggest problem.  So, any amount of poor service ruins whatever great meal it may have been.

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There it is! :lol::bc: 

:lol:

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Over-rated!!!  I've been to a few. Over-priced, poorly cooked.

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

IMO they are basically upscale sit down fast food restaurants, Texas Roadhouse and Outback are ok once a year when you're out on the fly and want an OK steak along with some heart stopping bread and a cold beer.

Then there are high end chains which are good but pricey........or spendy as you Minnesootans say :bc: 

I've done Mortons.  Good cuts...well prepared and not too bad on the wallet.  Still hard to walk out of there for less than $300 bucks though.  Stupid wife.

17 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Can't remember the last time I ate at a chainstraunt. All garbage. Christ, the local diner has burgers ground fresh with fries for 10 bucks. Can't get out of McDonald's for under $9, I'll pay the extra Washington to eat fresh food made by a neighbor.

• Like 1

ruths chris is decent but I am going to go to capital grille or del friscos over it.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ruths chris is decent but I am going to go to capital grille or del friscos over it.  

Cap is good.  Their roasted, wild shrooms are THE BOMB!!!!!!! Excellent clam chowder too.  Just not as many locations as Ruth's.  At least I don't think so. 

If you are ever in Chicago and are looking for a good aged steak in a great old school atmosphere.....Bavettes, although they are on Las Vegas and New York too.

http://bavettessteakhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/FOOD-MENU-11.2.17.pdf

bavettes.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

Edited by Mileage Psycho

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Cold War said:

I like one cooked on my grille in the back yard.  We have a awesome local butcher, he is high dollar but worth it.   

They all are. I have no problem paying $25-$30 for my Saturday night poterhouse. Wife eats 1/2 of the filet, I eat the rest.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

They all are. I have no problem paying $25-$30 for my Saturday night poterhouse. Wife eats 1/2 of the filet, I eat the rest.

Nope. cooked exactly like I want it.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If you are ever in Chicago and are looking for a good aged steak in a great old school atmosphere.....Bavettes, although they are on Las Vegas and New York too.

http://bavettessteakhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/FOOD-MENU-11.2.17.pdf

bavettes.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

Wife works across the street from there. She raves about that place. :bc: