Sudbury

Laborer

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Those are the ones the PM calls tax cheats.

The legitimate repair mechanic with real operating expenses who actually pays his wife to do the paperwork is under attack for paying his wife or perhaps paying his kid to clean the place up after school or on weekends so he can actually spend his time repairing vehicles.

On 2018-02-02 at 10:40 AM, Puzzleboy said:

The trails up that way are all closed.  Please do not trespass.

trails.jpeg

I wonder what we did before we had the OFSC map site.....Oh I remember we drove to the cottage and rode the trails.   Conditions good, 4 inches of fresh snow, no reason why they are not grooming

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I wonder what we did before we had the OFSC map site.....Oh I remember we drove to the cottage and rode the trails.   Conditions good, 4 inches of fresh snow, no reason why they are not grooming

Maybe saving them for late June riding..... Was at the cottage 2 wknds ago. Mactier trails were yellow and a trail just south of that was freshly groomed but red. Total BS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bladefever said:

Maybe saving them for late June riding..... Was at the cottage 2 wknds ago. Mactier trails were yellow and a trail just south of that was freshly groomed but red. Total BS

Exactly, the trails are not technically closed regardless of the OFSC map.  

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Let's not start that again.:backpeddle:

Well it is Saturday night......

FTR, if we waited for the OFSC to tell us when and where we can ride based on their assessment of trail conditions, this sport would bankrupt.  All my trails were closed according to the OFSC yet we had the most sleds this year.  Most of the guys I spoke too had no idea the  guide even exists.  Nice to have a guide for discussion purposes but they have no authority.

The OFSC map Red colour should only mean the trail is not, in their opinion, groomable. It is not closed regardless of the Red and they need to understand that. The OFSC is getting a little too high on itself.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

4 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The OFSC map Red colour should only mean the trail is not, in their opinion, groomable. It is not closed regardless of the Red and they need to understand that. The OFSC is getting a little too high on itself.

The OPP will charge you around here if you are on a closed trail, and rightly so. The attitude that trail is ride-able if "I" say so is the problem here.

That is because most of the trails here run on private property, of which, most is farm land.

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

The OPP will charge you around here if you are on a closed trail, and rightly so. The attitude that trail is ride-able if "I" say so is the problem here.

That is because most of the trails here run on private property, of which, most is farm land.

No they won’t, the trail runs through 2 miles of my property.  There is no method in place to have such authority.  That is fact.  Only the property owner can do so. I’ve had this discussion with the OFSC.  Fake news

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The online Interactive Trail Guide (ITG) available at www.ofsc.on.ca is the sole source of Trail Availability status information. The Trail Status information posted here is for general information only and does not necessarily reflect the Trail Status at the time of your ride or the actual local trail conditions you may encounter. The Trail Availability Status is gathered from club volunteers and is valid only at the time of their observation. Their observations may not meet your expectations and the Trail Status may vary from the time of posting. The Trail Status may vary throughout the day due to changing conditions such as temperature, snow quality, type of terrain and usage.

Unless there is a sign stating CLOSED at the trail entrance, you can't be charged - The ofsc MAP is just general information by their own admission 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Poncho said:

No they won’t, the trail runs through 2 miles of my property.  There is no method in place to have such authority.  That is fact.  Only the property owner can do so. I’ve had this discussion with the OFSC.  Fake news

I can tell you that trespass charges were laid against 2 individuals here just a month ago.

Yes, we have signs in place.

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

The online Interactive Trail Guide (ITG) available at www.ofsc.on.ca is the sole source of Trail Availability status information. The Trail Status information posted here is for general information only and does not necessarily reflect the Trail Status at the time of your ride or the actual local trail conditions you may encounter. The Trail Availability Status is gathered from club volunteers and is valid only at the time of their observation. Their observations may not meet your expectations and the Trail Status may vary from the time of posting. The Trail Status may vary throughout the day due to changing conditions such as temperature, snow quality, type of terrain and usage.

Unless there is a sign stating CLOSED at the trail entrance, you can't be charged - The ofsc MAP is just general information by their own admission 

For a pot dude.....you are a pretty fart smeller....bang on!,,,  I confirm as a landowner with 2 miles of trail through my property.  

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I can tell you that trespass charges were laid against 2 individuals here just a month ago.

Yes, we have signs in place.

Yes if you have Private Land and have signs in place.   Those charges won’t stick unless you want to spend money.  Most Don’t and would not bother, if the trail doesn’t run over crop or sensitive property   

Edited by Poncho

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Lots of sleds at the petro in port severn today.  All trails were listed as red by ofsc guide.

Yes I bet.  Image if they all stayed home because of the Red OFSC colour.....Port Severn would be bankrupt.  I’m considering running for Pres of the OFSC next year.  Is there an application?

• Like 2

Nowhere when I purchased a trail permit does it say that I required internet and an electronic device to determine if the trails are open. If the gates are not closed and there are not signs posted saying it’s closed..it isn’t.

The guide is.......a guide

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yes I bet.  Image if they all stayed home because of the Red OFSC colour.....Port Severn would be bankrupt.  I’m considering running for Pres of the OFSC next year.  Is there an application?

I'll sometimes call the local club to see how bad the trails are.  A few days ago they were shit, now we are back in business.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'll sometimes call the local club to see how bad the trails are.  A few days ago they were shit, now we are back in business.

Same with my place....great going now but OFSC guide says it’s closed. I disregard the OFSC guide, as it not realistic in the big picture.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Post up the conditions after your ride; I hear they're pretty good up there. 

Sudbury conditions were great! Like black star said start a little north and all is good. We started out of moonlight and the first 8 klicks were rough, after that 9 and 10's! 

13 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Lots of sleds at the petro in port severn today.  All trails were listed as red by ofsc guide.

The snow in Port Severn came down after 10:00 PM Friday and when people woke up on Saturday there was a foot of snow on the ground. Before that the trails weren't rideable and for the most part dirt and rock. Shame on us for not having someone check the trails overnight while everyone was asleep and get the person at the district level out of bed to make changes to the ITG before everyone woke up that morning. The club VP was reaching out very early Saturday morning to our team looking for those available to go out assess and report back on the status. During the thaw there were lots of places with running water that just days before had been rock  solid.

22 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The snow in Port Severn came down after 10:00 PM Friday and when people woke up on Saturday there was a foot of snow on the ground. Before that the trails weren't rideable and for the most part dirt and rock. Shame on us for not having someone check the trails overnight while everyone was asleep and get the person at the district level out of bed to make changes to the ITG before everyone woke up that morning. The club VP was reaching out very early Saturday morning to our team looking for those available to go out assess and report back on the status. During the thaw there were lots of places with running water that just days before had been rock  solid.

Just stating an observation.  I'm assuming the sledders did no wrong.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just stating an observation.  I'm assuming the sledders did no wrong.

Had I woken up to a fresh foot of snow I would be out as well. I guess my frustration was coming out based on the people that wake up to a fresh foot of snow that falls overnight after there being no snow at all and start complaining about why the trails aren't groomed or the ITG updated within minutes.