*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

OK, he who knows nothing.:lol:

On July 1, the minimum wage in San Francisco will hit US$15 an hour, following incremental raises from US$10.74 in 2014. The city also requires employers with at least 20 workers to pay health care costs beyond the mandates of the Affordable Care Act, in addition to paid sick leave and parental leave.

nice try this isn't Ontario - All I see it restaurants opening, very few other businesses seem to open store  fronts :dunno: 

This article is more about the high cost of living in San Fran, not wages 

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

On July 1, the minimum wage in San Francisco will hit US$15 an hour, following incremental raises from US$10.74 in 2014. The city also requires employers with at least 20 workers to pay health care costs beyond the mandates of the Affordable Care Act, in addition to paid sick leave and parental leave.

nice try this isn't Ontario - All I see it restaurants opening, very few other businesses seem to open store  fronts :dunno: 

This article is more about the high cost of living in San Fran, not wages 

Restaurants are just thriving here.  Get real.

29 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They keep opening, I have no idea of there personal success 

Tough business to be in - first have great food don't expect to last without it - and no its not all good food 

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

They keep opening, I have no idea of there personal success 

Tough business to be in - first have great food don't expect to last without it - and no its not all good food 

Its the spirit fail.  At some point it won't be worth it.

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its the spirit fail.  At some point it won't be worth it.

lowest taxes in the country, so I guess we are just doomed - its over pack up :lol:  

15$ an hour in Canada is far less then 15$ in the USA so again what are you getting at :dunno:  I have said all along its expensive in USA 

10 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

lowest taxes in the country, so I guess we are just doomed - its over pack up :lol:  

15$ an hour in Canada is far less then 15$ in the USA so again what are you getting at :dunno:  I have said all along its expensive in USA 

Its all good yet you wont come anywhere near it.  Keep your day job.:lol:

Several items in the news about only 7 women in the Cabinet. Who really cares? The Shiny Pony set the bar pretty low for ministers, is that supposed to be the norm going forward? Picked for who they are, not their abilities?

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Several items in the news about only 7 women in the Cabinet. Who really cares? The Shiny Pony set the bar pretty low for ministers, is that supposed to be the norm going forward? Picked for who they are, not their abilities?

His picks deserve it.  Justin's are a joke, then again so is he.

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

OK, he who knows nothing.:lol:

Fail really needs to look at how he sends out his memos to the experts that lets them know they are all wrong. They don't seem to be getting his memos.... maybe they are going into the SPAM folder.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

According to recent studies done by Professor Dr. HG Parsa 59% of hospitality facilities fail in the period of 3 years. In the first year, is the highest level of failure, 26%, 19% in the second and 14% in the third year of business.

Send the professor an email letting him know he is wrong because you said so.

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

lol and gas is up again 1.46 in key river 1.36 in city 

You know you and I will not see on change in prices of anything right :dunno:  but its all good either way 

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/07/03/doug-ford-freezes-salaries-of-public-service-managers-orders-review-of-executive-pay.html

Atta boy Doug.... Wynnebag never had the balls to stand up to them.

Ontario’s new premier has frozen the wages of public service managers and ordered a review of executive and management compensation in his latest effort to curb government spending.

A memo posted on the government website Friday — the day Doug Ford was sworn in as premier — says pending pay adjustments for managers, executives and staff not covered by collective bargaining will be on hold “until the new government can put in place an expenditure management strategy.”

The documents says merit pay for the current performance cycle will not be affected, however.

Ford had previously put the public service under a hiring freeze, except for essential frontline staff such as police and corrections officers, and halted discretionary spending such as newspaper subscriptions.

The Progressive Conservative leader campaigned on a promise of fiscal responsibility and vowed to find billions in efficiencies each year without cutting jobs. He has also pledged to launch a line-by-line audit of government spending to help eliminate waste.

The Tories said Tuesday the wage freeze would apply until the audit and compensation review are complete.

Under its previous leader, the party had promised to review the salaries of public sector CEOs and other executives if elected to government.

The newly ousted Liberals had imposed a five-year wage freeze on public sector executives and managers. As it lifted last year, broader public sector agencies were required to post their proposals for new executive compensation packages under a framework that capped salaries at the 50th percentile of “appropriate comparators.”

Edited by 02sled

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

? :dunno:  

The newly ousted Liberals had imposed a five-year wage freeze on public sector executives and managers. As it lifted last year, 

Cliffy get with the program 

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

? :dunno:  

The newly ousted Liberals had imposed a five-year wage freeze on public sector executives and managers. As it lifted last year, 

Cliffy get with the program 

Is that now 15 years without a pay raise?

27 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Is that now 15 years without a pay raise?

2013 it started - 2008-12 was a good contract signed just prior to the recession - prior to 2008 contracts were less than 1% - prior to that is was 8 years frozen - prior to that is was a wage reduction (Rae Days)  

so Yay Doug has done it again - big deal that has only happened once according to the ONEWAYS :lol: 

These fake meme's are annoying 

Edited by 1trailmaker

52 minutes ago, franks pond said:

thumb44.jpg

last thing our country needs is having party's out of contention - that is a dictatorship if so 

15 years in power is actually a great accomplishment for any pARTY - keep hoping for Dictatorship 

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

last thing our country needs is having party's out of contention - that is a dictatorship if so 

15 years in power is actually a great accomplishment for any pARTY - keep hoping for Dictatorship 

so what you are saying is, McGuinty was a dictator

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

>  I wasn't the one cheering a party losing its status - so :dunno:  

THat is your department 

nice spin and deflect.  You said "last thing our country needs is having party's out of contention- that is a dictatorship"  Well, McGuinty wouldn't allow NDP party status unless they became independents, so that makes him a dictator

2 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

nice spin and deflect.  You said "last thing our country needs is having party's out of contention- that is a dictatorship"  Well, McGuinty wouldn't allow NDP party status unless they became independents, so that makes him a dictator

Nor should the PC change the rules on this, pretty simple 

You can cheer it or not - I don't ever cheer it and never will 

You on the other hand would have been happy if the NDP has no status too leaving your ONEWAYness to flourish 

Edited by 1trailmaker

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Nor should the PC change the rules on this, pretty simple 

You can cheer it or not - I don't ever cheer it and never will 

You on the other hand would have been happy if the NDP has no status too leaving your ONEWAYness to flourish 

So I can safely assume you are for dictatorships by your previous response.  Also, I haven't seen where I said it is a good or bad thing.  Don't know why you are trying to put words in my mouth.  

Edited by 04nightfire