*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The union isn't being reasonable, the parents just want their kids back.

The funny thing is out of CUPE, the only person required to keep the schools open is the janitor, ie the guy who mops the floors.  The reason being he's the only one who knows what knobs and buttons to press to keep the schools going.

So much for higher education.

Hey numbshit you realize that you need to be licensed station engineer to run steam boilers?  Opening the door isn't hard but knowing what these employees actually do is something you are not capable of doing....

you really should investigate your hate before you post stupid comments  

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hey numbshit you realize that you need to be licensed station engineer to run steam boilers?  Opening the door isn't hard but knowing what these employees actually do is something you are not capable of doing....

you really should investigate your hate before you post stupid comments  

:lol:

Good old fail.

What did I say that was wrong.:lol:

Janitors for the win.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, toslow said:

That’s the problem they have, it’s not just a one shoe fits all.

need to separate and figure the different skills of each set of jobs Then deal accordingly 

if one makes $20 and another makes $28 how is that not different?  ones raise will be lower than the others dollar wise.

Thank your conservative government for this huge Union they created, this was another CON WONDER 

2 hours ago, Dieseltech said:

I really do not know what the correct number should be . My feeling are that the collective  bargaining process should be allowed to determine that.

most here have issues with any Union and any negotiations "don't like your job get another one"

Everyone is over paid

Everyone is lazy

Everyone votes liberal (somehow this changes and cons get in :lol: )

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No I mean without the janitor, they can't physically open the school cause nobody knows what to do in the mech/elec room.

The alarm codes should be in full view so people can access the building without any one needed.

You are not that swift with most topics 

8 hours ago, stonehaven said:

My wife is an EA for a Special Needs class, everyday gets spit on, punched, kicked, hair pulled and changes 8-12 diapers a day.$1.79 raise in 11yrs. They deserve a raise but the Union is asking for a lot.

People haven't a clue what  your wife does daily, when your daily uniform requires hockey equipment you have entered an entire new workplace that can't be compared.  Thank her for me.

I just happen to know a person that teaches self defense to EA's that work with sometimes very violent kids.

Doug says he was always willing to be at the table :lol: 

We will remove our RIGHT CRUSHING LAW as a show of good faith :lol: 

"Mr Ford you say Cupe left the table" they didn't so what did you mean by that statement :dunno:   lie lie lie lle now for more from Leeche lie lie lie.

We will offer more

Awesome

I love #notwithstanding says Doug Ford, I hate using it for every situation I feel we should

This has and will more so become a game of public support. Both sides while not outright lying are manipulating their language to more support their position. Their is much more on the table in addition to wage increase amount and the public is not aware of the full ramifications . Job security , benefits and working conditions etc. This is the case  with most contract negotiations . Ford was shocked to learn that there was sjgnificant public and union  support for CUPE. Nov. 15 scared the shit out of him . This support could easily slip through CUPE's hands and into Fords as well.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, toslow said:

I can’t believe they are only making 39 a yr, 

most must be renting or a shit load of immigrants who have 10 per household  

That $39k number has me curious too.

I'd like to see CUPE post where that number comes from. My guess would be a part time worker. $30/hr, 30 hour week.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'd like to see CUPE post where that number comes from. My guess would be a part time worker. $30/hr, 30 hour week.

Yes its interesting how  they have presented the data. They talk annual salary but avoid mentioning hourly wage or annual working hours . 

Edited by Dieseltech

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

office staff and many others are 35 hours a week - hours cut back long time ago to save money and payout less

EA's as with office staff work 10months plus 3weeks - they make around $26 an hours which is very low in my opinion

lol They also group in lunch staff who work less than 2 hours a day :lol: 

These staff collect EI in summer time unlike Teachers that can not - this is not add on as wages earned

The only support staff that makes a lot more than $30 an hour are tradepersons 

I really don't think making 60k a year is asking too much for a 12month 40hr a week employee

Night school staff make less than $25 an hour - again not alot of money

I can pay people less and make them work harder in this job - always an argument 

Less than 2% raise in 10 years is pretty lame

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

office staff and many others are 35 hours a week - hours cut back long time ago to save money and payout less

EA's as with office staff work 10months plus 3weeks - they make around $26 an hours which is very low in my opinion

lol They also group in lunch staff who work less than 2 hours a day :lol: 

These staff collect EI in summer time unlike Teachers that can not - this is not add on as wages earned

The only support staff that makes a lot more than $30 an hour are tradepersons 

I really don't think making 60k a year is asking too much for a 12month 40hr a week employee

Night school staff make less than $25 an hour - again not alot of money

I can pay people less and make them work harder in this job - always an argument 

Less than 2% raise in 10 years is pretty lame

EA's make $25/hr, 35 hrs, contracts are for 42 weeks. I'll bet they lay them off and rehire in the so that they can collect EI for the summer. Seems about right  to me. They are better paid than daycare workers doing the same job.

Sure, give them a raise to $27.

Aren't they asking for this pay raise to be retro as well?

Edited by Blackstar

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

EA's make $25/hr, 35 hrs, contracts are for 42 weeks. I'll bet they lay them off and rehire in the so that they can collect EI for the summer. Seems about right  to me. They are better paid than daycare workers doing the same job.

Sure, give them a raise to $27.

Aren't they asking for this pay raise to be retro as well?

pay is always retro

yes they get  EI in summer time

Daycare is so low paid, we need some sort of national plan so people can make a good wage and not have parents poor because of it.  Oh wait we are getting a plan

The ratio to worker is very high for say a  4 year old but that 4 can go to school and that teacher will have 3 times the kids of the same age.

Deal is struck

funny how strikes do work but so unnecessary 

I could hire new Immigrants for 15$ hour without bennies - these people should be fired if they don't like their job

I love how many people sit around saying how "I earn my money" while everyone else  is overpaid and lazy

9 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Deal is struck

funny how strikes do work but so unnecessary 

I could hire new Immigrants for 15$ hour without bennies - these people should be fired if they don't like their job

I love how many people sit around saying how "I earn my money" while everyone else  is overpaid and lazy

Why would an immigrant work for $15/hr? The Canadian gov pays them better than that to stay home.

Oh wait, were you paying cash under the table? then you might be right.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Why would an immigrant work for $15/hr? The Canadian gov pays them better than that to stay home.

Oh wait, were you paying cash under the table? then you might be right.

How has business been? still really busy?

What does a labourer make $25 with you?