*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

30 minutes ago, Dieseltech said:

agreed .

I also feel the government offer is not enough. they need to find a middle ground. 

I can’t believe they are only making 39 a yr, 

most must be renting or a shit load of immigrants who have 10 per household  

It’s not just a one of. If the government gives in to the amount. It’s like setting the hounds loose for the next bunch

teachers that  are at full rate in wage are making over a hundred grand, that’s without the other perks of the job

the EA should be going after the union to pony up some of the shortfalls 

3 minutes ago, toslow said:

It’s not just a one of. If the government gives in to the amount. It’s like setting the hounds loose for the next bunch

teachers that  are at full rate in wage are making over a hundred grand, that’s without the other perks of the job

the EA should be going after the union to pony up some of the shortfalls 

As you said this all needs to be negotiated through legal and unobstructed  collective bargaining at the table. Fords attempt to circumvent the process using the notwithstanding clause is inappropriate.

From what i understand ford was willing to stay at the table, I would do the same thing if they came at me with a ridiculous rate of increase. I would counter with a ridiculous small amount.

7 minutes ago, toslow said:

From what i understand ford was willing to stay at the table, I would do the same thing if they came at me with a ridiculous rate of increase. I would counter with a ridiculous small amount.

cupe did not walk away from the table as Ford keeps insisting. 

8 minutes ago, Dieseltech said:

correct ,..... both sides need to be reasonable and negotiate. 

The union isn't being reasonable, the parents just want their kids back.

The funny thing is out of CUPE, the only person required to keep the schools open is the janitor, ie the guy who mops the floors.  The reason being he's the only one who knows what knobs and buttons to press to keep the schools going.

So much for higher education.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How much should say a hall monitor make?

That’s the problem they have, it’s not just a one shoe fits all.

need to separate and figure the different skills of each set of jobs Then deal accordingly 

Edited by toslow

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The union isn't being reasonable, the parents just want their kids back.

The funny thing is out of CUPE, the only person required to keep the schools open is the janitor, ie the guy who mops the floors.  The reason being he's the only one who knows what knobs and buttons to press to keep the schools going.

So much for higher education.

that is quite a paintbrush you are using . There are EAs admin etc . all play a role in keeping the schools open. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dieseltech said:

that is quite a paintbrush you are using . There are EAs admin etc . all play a role in keeping the schools open. 

No I mean without the janitor, they can't physically open the school cause nobody knows what to do in the mech/elec room.

6 hours ago, toslow said:

Only if the union goes back to work, Doug won’t remove the bill unless they say they are off strike 

and no he didn’t bash employees for 10min.

get a grip dude and try not to expand on things you see that are not real 

Actually he blamed them the entire news cast.  When you state several times that "they are the most paid" "most bennies" ect over and over again as a talking point isn't really backing employees :dunno:  

Doug Ford has never been a regular employee guy, you only have to look at his decal business he tried to run  (into the ground)

Glad things are moving and FORD needs to stop with the dictatorship shit

38 minutes ago, toslow said:

Union needs to be realistic about its demands

As I stated before I agree 11.7 percent is unrealistic . However govt. offer is equally unrealistic. Both sides need to show some flexibility

Edited by Dieseltech

14 minutes ago, Dieseltech said:

Who cares ? Lets just get back to the table and negotiate a fair deal for all. This is no time for posturing.

I’m thinking 3.5 will be the offering an excepted point