*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

15 minutes ago, steve6 said:

trail, you will be disappointed when most of the subjects Ford touches turn out like this and he's seen as a game changer, instead of a bad guy.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-council-cut-hasnt-hurt-according-to-poll

Seriously Steve, would you notice any of them?  

I mean other than Rob, was always taking care of shit.

4 hours ago, steve6 said:

trail, you will be disappointed when most of the subjects Ford touches turn out like this and he's seen as a game changer, instead of a bad guy.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-council-cut-hasnt-hurt-according-to-poll

who ever said Toronto couldn't work with less councilors :dunno:  I don't know a single person that thinks that

Doug is not a game change - He is a vindictive douche

Edited by 1trailmaker
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:43 PM, 1trailmaker said:

wrong

https://www.toronto.ca/services-payments/recycling-organics-garbage/houses/garbage-bin-sizes-fees/

It does not matter who does your garbage you all pay the same rates - saving 3 dollars on a 5k tax bill isn't saving like you claim

hooked big time on that one 

Of course it is-everybody's rates would have been higher!

On 7/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, 1trailmaker said:

At the Indigenous Technology Summit in Montreal last month in June 2019, BlackBerry (NYSE: BB) announced a partnership to help Indigenous communities deploy foundational and new technologies that will improve health, education, safety and economic development for First Nations across Canada.

In partnership with Mustimuhw Information Solutions (MIS) and Forrest Green and Microsoft, the four companies plan to deliver a mix of next-generation secure communication, cybersecurity, cloud, IoT, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technologies to Chiefs and Grand Chiefs across Canada to support local service organizations to strengthen their security infrastructure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferhicks/2019/07/10/these-tech-companies-want-to-bring-digital-equity-to-first-nations-in-canada/?fbclid=IwAR2pc8_IbgLaHgrPha0SoitDi6HYgiOavJMu1zt4fTHTNJWJ0sR-_kHJhfA#236b3a4b6c56

Maybe some more jobs

More government jobs!

DOUG refuses to answer any question as he feels that isn't what he hears at his pep rally's and  visits the entire Province - GO DOUG is all I hear

Media has their agenda of finding answers and facts but his voters are not interested in any facts

best ever

• Like 1

Doug's Economy is slowing already barely a year in

Weakness in late 2018 looks to have lingered into the first quarter, as Ontario’s economy likely recorded next to no growth. This weak start to the year leaves growth on track to slow significantly in 2019 following last year’s respectable 2.2% outturn. That said, the first quarter details were probably better than the headline, as consumer spending strengthened and machinery and equipment investment increased sharply. This fits with our view that the first quarter was the nadir for growth, with some modest acceleration likely in the cards over the rest of 2019. 

In order to address its sizeable deficit, the provincial government has outlined a plan to reduce spending growth well below its recent trend in coming years. This looming fiscal restraint is expected to exert a drag on growth, particularly in 2020. However, to the extent that Ontario’s deficit and debt positons can be put on a more sustainable path, the provincial economy will benefit over the longer haul.  

Ontario Economic Forecasts
[ Annual average % change, unless otherwise noted ]
  2018 2019 2020
Real GDP 2.2 1.3 1.4
Nominal GDP 3.4 3.6 3.6
Employment 1.6 2.6 0.8
Unemployment Rate (%) 5.6 5.7 5.7
Housing Starts (000's) 79.4 69.4 73.9
Existing Home Prices -1.7 4.7 4.6
Home Sales -13.3 7.5 8.0
Source: Statistics Canada, CMHC, CREA, Forecast by TD Economics

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug's Economy is slowing already barely a year in

Weakness in late 2018 looks to have lingered into the first quarter, as Ontario’s economy likely recorded next to no growth. This weak start to the year leaves growth on track to slow significantly in 2019 following last year’s respectable 2.2% outturn. That said, the first quarter details were probably better than the headline, as consumer spending strengthened and machinery and equipment investment increased sharply. This fits with our view that the first quarter was the nadir for growth, with some modest acceleration likely in the cards over the rest of 2019. 

In order to address its sizeable deficit, the provincial government has outlined a plan to reduce spending growth well below its recent trend in coming years. This looming fiscal restraint is expected to exert a drag on growth, particularly in 2020. However, to the extent that Ontario’s deficit and debt positons can be put on a more sustainable path, the provincial economy will benefit over the longer haul.  

Ontario Economic Forecasts
[ Annual average % change, unless otherwise noted ]
  2018 2019 2020
Real GDP 2.2 1.3 1.4
Nominal GDP 3.4 3.6 3.6
Employment 1.6 2.6 0.8
Unemployment Rate (%) 5.6 5.7 5.7
Housing Starts (000's) 79.4 69.4 73.9
Existing Home Prices -1.7 4.7 4.6
Home Sales -13.3 7.5 8.0
Source: Statistics Canada, CMHC, CREA, Forecast by TD Economics

Just what part of the bold don't you understand, Trail? :dunno:

And, like I have told you before, when you post something, why do you just post the tidbits of the article? :news: 

Sounds like this is more of a Trudope issue than a Ford one. :owned:

The recent escalation in trade policy uncertainty between the US and China represents a growing risk to Ontario’s economy through potential negative impacts on US growth and overall confidence.

Also on the brighter side, Ontario’s labour market is on fire, with 137.5k jobs added this year - eclipsing 2018’s full-year tally. Strong job growth has kept consumer spending running at a modest clip in recent quarters, helping ease the sting of past rate hikes. Peering ahead, while the outsized employment gains are likely to moderate in the coming quarters, conditions in job markets are expected to remain strong and supportive to further spending gains. 

https://economics.td.com/provincial-economic-forecast

12 minutes ago, irv said:

Just what part of the bold don't you understand, Trail? :dunno:

And, like I have told you before, when you post something, why do you just post the tidbits of the article? :news: 

Sounds like this is more of a Trudope issue than a Ford one. :owned:

The recent escalation in trade policy uncertainty between the US and China represents a growing risk to Ontario’s economy through potential negative impacts on US growth and overall confidence.

Also on the brighter side, Ontario’s labour market is on fire, with 137.5k jobs added this year - eclipsing 2018’s full-year tally. Strong job growth has kept consumer spending running at a modest clip in recent quarters, helping ease the sting of past rate hikes. Peering ahead, while the outsized employment gains are likely to moderate in the coming quarters, conditions in job markets are expected to remain strong and supportive to further spending gains. 

https://economics.td.com/provincial-economic-forecast

I posted it so I am positive I understand all of it

Fact is if you post something negative about the so called Trudeau economy, it would relate back to a Province.....  There is no way around that IRV

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Go Doug.:bc:

Slogan Man taking some heat for doing Commercials for his paying buddies on Taxpayers Dime.....

Only takes a couple of grand to his fund and he will do a Ontario News ad for your product 

been caught now 5 times - sad

booze-2.png

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Slogan Man taking some heat for doing Commercials for his paying buddies on Taxpayers Dime.....

Only takes a couple of grand to his fund and he will do a Ontario News ad for your product 

been caught now 5 times - sad

booze-2.png

Buck a beer.:bc:

black kettle or something like that

But Ford’s boosterism led his detractors to rev up a boycott campaign against Pelee Island Winery after it emerged company president Walter Schmoranz had recently donated an additional $1,000 to the Tories, exceeding the $1,600 annual contribution limit.

According to Elections Ontario returns, Schmoranz gave the governing party $1,050 on Feb. 26 and then $1,000 on July 12.

The Tories said they have returned the $450 overcontribution to the winemaker and emphasized the premier was unaware of his donation

:lol: but he got an ad for free

Edited by 1trailmaker

Winery faces calls for boycott over questions around promotion on ‘Ontario News Now’

A winery in southern Ontario is being slammed on social media after it was revealed that its president made political donations to the Progressive Conservative Party ahead of being featured in an “Ontario News Now” video.

On Sunday, Ontario Premier Doug Ford posted a video on social media produced by taxpayer-paid communications staff promoting Pelee Island Winery, located south of Chatham-Kent.

The video featured Rick Nicholls, the MPP for Chatham-Kent-Lemington, reciting some basic facts about the winery, including how many people it employs and how much wine is produced. The premier is also seen in the video touring the winery.

https://www.cp24.com/news/winery-faces-calls-for-boycott-over-questions-around-promotion-on-ontario-news-now-1.4528732

This could backfire on the Winery dude, social media could eat him up.......

The days of hidden funding is over, stay clear  of it 

#boycottpeleewinery

Edited by 1trailmaker

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Winery faces calls for boycott over questions around promotion on ‘Ontario News Now’

A winery in southern Ontario is being slammed on social media after it was revealed that its president made political donations to the Progressive Conservative Party ahead of being featured in an “Ontario News Now” video.

On Sunday, Ontario Premier Doug Ford posted a video on social media produced by taxpayer-paid communications staff promoting Pelee Island Winery, located south of Chatham-Kent.

The video featured Rick Nicholls, the MPP for Chatham-Kent-Lemington, reciting some basic facts about the winery, including how many people it employs and how much wine is produced. The premier is also seen in the video touring the winery.

https://www.cp24.com/news/winery-faces-calls-for-boycott-over-questions-around-promotion-on-ontario-news-now-1.4528732

This could backfire on the Winery dude, social media could eat him up.......

The days of hidden funding is over, stay clear  of it 

Ford steals a page out of the Liberal playbook.

Go Doug.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

I posted it so I am positive I understand all of it

Fact is if you post something negative about the so called Trudeau economy, it would relate back to a Province.....  There is no way around that IRV

And yet I proofed you didn't or else you would have posted the whole story instead of just the part that you thought painted Ford as a bad leader.

A swing and another miss by, Trail. :lol:

6 minutes ago, irv said:

And yet I proofed you didn't or else you would have posted the whole story instead of just the part that you thought painted Ford as a bad leader.

A swing and another miss by, Trail. :lol:

The difference is I know the economy was great when Ford took over and still is today.....

While  ONEWAYS pick and choose who has good stats... 

It is pretty simple in Canada, you can't have a good economy without Ontario having a good economy, its just not possible 

Wynne bad - Harper Great

Ford Great - Trudeau bad

:lol:  its just not possible

Oh by the way FORD IS A HORRIBLE LEADER worst kind of person to elect - he seized his moment and was apart of setting up BROWN

Edited by 1trailmaker

9 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

The difference is I know the economy was great when Ford took over and still is today.....

While  ONEWAYS pick and choose who has good stats... 

It is pretty simple in Canada, you can't have a good economy without Ontario having a good economy, its just not possible 

Wynne bad - Harper Great

Ford Great - Trudeau bad

:lol:  its just not possible

Oh by the way FORD IS A HORRIBLE LEADER worst kind of person to elect - he seized his moment and was apart of setting up BROWN

"Doug's Economy is slowing already barely a year in"

And yet you tried to paint Ford as a bad leader and are trying to suggest the Ontario economy is going to tank with Ford at the helm.

Like I asked you above, what part of this don't you understand? Do you think we could have continued to let Wynne and the rest of the dumb liberals bankrupt Ontario? :dunno:

Take your ownage and go away, Trail. You failed bigtime.:news:

9 minutes ago, irv said:

"Doug's Economy is slowing already barely a year in"

And yet you tried to paint Ford as a bad leader and are trying to suggest the Ontario economy is going to tank with Ford at the helm.

Like I asked you above, what part of this don't you understand? Do you think we could have continued to let Wynne and the rest of the dumb liberals bankrupt Ontario? :dunno:

Take your ownage and go away, Trail. You failed bigtime.:news:

wow IRV can you post again what I posted already :dunno:  

you know by your BOLDing your post you are admitting WYNNE kept the economy going full steam ahead :lol:   talk about ownage :lol: 

so its going to slow for the next 6 years while Doug tries to balance :lol:  then what IRV full steam ahead :dunno:  

gullible 

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

wow IRV can you post again what I posted already :dunno:  

you know by your BOLDing your post you are admitting WYNNE kept the economy going full steam ahead :lol:   talk about ownage :lol: 

so its going to slow for the next 6 years while Doug tries to balance :lol:  then what IRV full steam ahead :dunno:  

gullible 

Wynne's was all based on debt/auto sales slowing & having to balance Wynne's mess doesn't help anyone!

1 minute ago, Muskoka1 said:

Wynne's was all based on debt/auto sales slowing & having to balance Wynne's mess doesn't help anyone!

5 or 6 more years to balance according to Doug =====

in the mean time get ready for a failing economy as you just stated - without the fuel it will slow to nothing 

i ALWAYS thought the LIBERALS wasted money on bee studies, I had no idea they kept the economy going so well :lol: 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

5 or 6 more years to balance according to Doug =====

in the mean time get ready for a failing economy as you just stated - without the fuel it will slow to nothing 

i ALWAYS thought the LIBERALS wasted money on bee studies, I had no idea they kept the economy going so well :lol: 

You are a simple fool who obviously doesn't understand that servicing the debt is part of what is slowing global & domestic growth!

Just now, Muskoka1 said:

You are a simple fool who obviously doesn't understand that servicing the debt is part of what is slowing global & domestic growth!

no wrong

cuts and not spending is what slows growth - and in this day and age we have to grow every quarter or you failed

it is not sustainable to continue to grow forever 

The global Economy is its own monster our debt means nothing to it ----

PAY YOUR SHARE MUSKOKA1