*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

This is strange and unexpected by FORD 

Doug Ford government mulls single-use plastics ban in waste-diversion strategy

seems this is apart of climate change and such :dunno:  which is denied by FORD and his supporters 

Just go to paper straws.  Done.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

FORD to move MATH back to the original FAIL method of teaching.

Is this guy going to revert everything back to pre everything :dunno:  

When the Math scores don't improve (which they will not) is this FORDS fault or are we still blaming WYNNE :dunno: 

This guys is fucked in the head 

FORD thinks Teachers don't understand simple Elementary Math :lol: This is the reason for the math marks that have failed since the beginning of time

What a waste of time and money

The province wants to move towards all teachers in Grades 6, 7, and 8 holding a math qualification by the 2020-21 school year.

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

FORD thinks Teachers don't understand simple Elementary Math :lol: This is the reason for the math marks that have failed since the beginning of time

What a waste of time and money

The province wants to move towards all teachers in Grades 6, 7, and 8 holding a math qualification by the 2020-21 school year.

They don't.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They don't.

:lol:  must of grown up in the 90's :lol:  

Let me know when this test is past with a high percentage - hasn't happen since the test was made - no one here can pass it so I don't see it as a big deal :lol: ( even the grade 3 one) 

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  must of grown up in the 90's :lol:  

Let me know when this test is past with a high percentage - hasn't happen since the test was made - no one here can pass it so I don't see it as a big deal :lol: ( even the grade 3 one) 

There's and saying fail.  You can't teach a donkey to be something it's not.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There's and saying fail.  You can't teach a donkey to be something it's not.

:lol:  to quote our leader 

"we are gong back to the basics of Math, writing, and Arithmetic"  :lol:  

you can't make this shit up 

To think no one on this site can pass that test is something to think about 

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  to quote our leader 

"we are gong back to the basics of Math, writing, and Arithmetic"  :lol:  

you can't make this shit up 

To think no one on this site can pass that test is something to think about 

Fail thinks they're the same thing and thinks Doug is wrong. :lol::owned:

1) the study of the relationships among numbers, shapes, and quantities, (2) it uses signs, symbols, and proofs and includes arithmetic, algebra, calculus, geometry, and trigonometry. The most obvious difference is that arithmetic is all about numbers and mathematics is all about theory.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Fail thinks they're the same thing and thinks Doug is wrong. :lol::owned:

1) the study of the relationships among numbers, shapes, and quantities, (2) it uses signs, symbols, and proofs and includes arithmetic, algebra, calculus, geometry, and trigonometry. The most obvious difference is that arithmetic is all about numbers and mathematics is all about theory.

:lol: you go IRV  :lol: 

too funny can't stop laugh at NEW ONEWAY :lol:  

Tell me IRV how much calculus do grade 3 do :lol: how about grade 6 :lol:  

please post something else funny you are the best 

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol: you go IRV  :lol: 

too funny can't stop laugh at NEW ONEWAY :lol:  

Tell me IRV how much calculus do grade 3 do :lol: how about grade 6 :lol:  

please post something else funny you are the best 

Of course you're against everything Ford does wrong way, even if the teachers are saying it's a good idea. Unlike Wynnee, your hero, at least Ford is listening and trying to do something to improve math scores/levels with kids in Ontario. I guess you don't think that's a good thing? :dunno:

"What is missing from Ontario's math curriculum? Some Ontario teachers say the key is to go back to focusing on basic skills and concepts.

"As the province prepares to embark on a complete "curriculum refresh" hoping to address years of slumping math scores, several Ontario educators say the key is going back to basics"

""If you look at the demographics of our elementary teachers, we have stats that show our Grade 3 and Grade 6 teachers, four out of five of them have no post-secondary math courses under their belt. That's like 80 per cent," she said"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/math-curriculum-refresh-1.4280968 

“Math scores are going up in Quebec, they’ve gone up in P.E.I. — actually they’ve gone up in every single province except Ontario,” he said. “Here our kids are failing their test because Kathleen Wynne has failed our kids.”

Instead of discovery math, Ford said Ontario schools need to get back to teaching the basics.

“Kids used to learn math by doing things like memorizing a multiplication table, and it worked,” Ford said.

“Instead, our kids are left with experimental discovery math. That hardly teaches math at all. Instead, everyone gets a participation ribbon and our kids are left to fend for themselves.”

Reid said that math education is incomplete without both forms being taught together.

“Arithmetic is absolutely important, but knowing when to apply those skills in a rich problem environment — that’s when you become a mathematician,” she said. 

Overall, the report found that from 2010 to 2016, “mathematics achievement in Canada increased by 11 points,” but that “all provinces showed improvement, with the exception of Ontario, where results remained the same as those in the baseline year.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4200010/doug-ford-discovery-math-ontario-election/ 

"With luck, maybe kids will learn fractions again: It’s time Ontario education got back to basics"

So what do teachers learn in teachers’ college? Not much about math. While Quebec teaching candidates usually get at least 140 hours hours of math training, many Ontario students get no more than 40 hours. Provincial math committees repeatedly urged the previous Liberal government to make reforms, but to no avail. Instead of adding math, Ms. Brown, says, the schools added courses in gender studies. That’s no surprise. For the past 15 years of Liberal government, education policy in Ontario has been excruciatingly progressive.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-its-time-ontario-education-got-back-to-basics/ 

Edited by irv

1 hour ago, irv said:

Of course you're against everything Ford does wrong way, even if the teachers are saying it's a good idea. Unlike Wynnee, your hero, at least Ford is listening and trying to do something to improve math scores/levels with kids in Ontario. I guess you don't think that's a good thing? :dunno:

"

Against what?  I made fun of his Math and Arithmetic - you went all rvernd on it :lol:   

IRV the test is simply too hard and has been since the PC made it -  We have been through this BLAME the TEACHER before 

if only near half pass a test over a 20 year period something is wrong  - I am going with the TEST is too hard.

Most people here couldn't pass the grade 3 test :dunno:  

Edited by 1trailmaker

20 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Against what?  I made fun of his Math and Arithmetic - you went all rvernd on it :lol:   

IRV the test is simply too hard and has been since the PC made it -  We have been through this BLAME the TEACHER before 

if only near half pass a test over a 20 year period something is wrong  - I am going with the TEST is too hard.

Most people here couldn't pass the grade 3 test :dunno:  

Meanwhile the Chinese are learning english @ 3-4 yrs. old!

1 minute ago, Muskoka1 said:

Meanwhile the Chinese are learning english @ 3-4 yrs. old!

mean while Canadians are taught French at early age yet most can't speak it :dunno:  weird eh but French Canadians almost all speak English :dunno: 

I am all for something new, I am not for going back to the system that sparked these tests in the first place.  Counter productive just like the Sex Ed thing 

Tell me something, do you think memorizing the Periodic table is important :dunno:  so much of the tried and true is useless then and more useless now

The important thing here we never speak of is the great Math Students we do have the complete world wide - same system same teachers .....

Just because certain districts produce really bad results isn't a clear picture of what our marks really are.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

mean while Canadians are taught French at early age yet most can't speak it :dunno:  weird eh but French Canadians almost all speak English :dunno: 

I am all for something new, I am not for going back to the system that sparked these tests in the first place.  Counter productive just like the Sex Ed thing 

Tell me something, do you think memorizing the Periodic table is important :dunno:  so much of the tried and true is useless then and more useless now

The important thing here we never speak of is the great Math Students we do have the complete world wide - same system same teachers .....

Just because certain districts produce really bad results isn't a clear picture of what our marks really are.

You're just looking for anything to slam Ford about, Trail. Truth of the matter is, he is doing something that should have been done long ago. Wynnee's plan,,,,,,,,, aah,,,,,,,,, who needs math,,,,,,,,,, lets increase gender studies. :wacko:

Education advocates are giving the Ford government a thumbs-up on plans to revamp Ontario’s math curriculum.

“One third of those teachers that are teaching the Grade 6 math test, they failed the test as well. 

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/lilley-math-changes-get-thumbs-up 

Edited by irv

11 hours ago, irv said:

You're just looking for anything to slam Ford about, Trail. Truth of the matter is, he is doing something that should have been done long ago. Wynnee's plan,,,,,,,,, aah,,,,,,,,, who needs math,,,,,,,,,, lets increase gender studies. :wacko:

Education advocates are giving the Ford government a thumbs-up on plans to revamp Ontario’s math curriculum.

“One third of those teachers that are teaching the Grade 6 math test, they failed the test as well. 

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/lilley-math-changes-get-thumbs-up 

like I said you can't pass this test its too hard - going backwards to the methods that created this test in the first place isn't a plan - NO PLAN DOUG isn't going to fix anything.

I heard THE SUN AND FORD bash teachers many times, its there fault - how many can past the grade 9 test :dunno:  we don't speak about that do we - HARRIS had all the answers too yet here we are in the exact same spot - so your answer is to go back to just prior to Harris greatness :dunno: 

SLOGAN MAN IS THE BEST he is going to fix hallway math :lol:  OPEN FOR MATH 

Oh IRV can you show me where WYNNE cut MATH PROGRAMS like you are claiming ONEWAY 

YES IRV I don't like the FORDS since I have known them for over 20 years - I was clear about that from day one 

Edited by 1trailmaker

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

like I said you can't pass this test its too hard - going backwards to the methods that created this test in the first place isn't a plan - NO PLAN DOUG isn't going to fix anything.

I heard THE SUN AND FORD bash teachers many times, its there fault - how many can past the grade 9 test :dunno:  we don't speak about that do we - HARRIS had all the answers too yet here we are in the exact same spot - so your answer is to go back to just prior to Harris greatness :dunno: 

SLOGAN MAN IS THE BEST he is going to fix hallway math :lol:  OPEN FOR MATH 

YES IRV I don't like the FORDS since I have known them for over 20 years - I was clear about that from day one 

You know the fords personally?