*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

7 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

less volume makes for higher prices - basic day one of economics class 

Same volume and will now be delivered on different trucks once the monopoly is crushed.

And with more offerings like beer and wine in the smaller center stores there will be more traffic and possibly greater sales in the smaller stores.  So instead of everyone driving from the small town to larger center for beer store maybe the smaller market will get increased sales in associated products.

Sucks for big beer store but a plus for small stores.   

22 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Six packs at Sobey's are more expensive Than the BEER STORE

Molson Coors Brewing Company - 50.9%
Labatt Brewing Company (AB InBev) - 44.9%
Sleeman Breweries (Sapporo) - 4.2%[2]

but they sell hundreds of kinds of beer :dunno: 

I personally like the idea a small brewer can make one call, pay self and delivery fees and have your product Province wide 

In alberta you have to buy from the Government Holding centers - really not much different than Ontario 

Right now there is a small number of grocery stores allowed to sell beer so it is not a valid comparison to what it could be.

What do you think the price would be if Costco were allowed to sell beer in Ontario?

20 hours ago, Sksman said:

Same volume and will now be delivered on different trucks once the monopoly is crushed.

And with more offerings like beer and wine in the smaller center stores there will be more traffic and possibly greater sales in the smaller stores.  So instead of everyone driving from the small town to larger center for beer store maybe the smaller market will get increased sales in associated products.

Sucks for big beer store but a plus for small stores.   

delivered by who? 

can't wait for these small stores to have hundreds of return bottles and cans - no so fun

2 hours ago, MuskokaGator said:

Right now there is a small number of grocery stores allowed to sell beer so it is not a valid comparison to what it could be.

What do you think the price would be if Costco were allowed to sell beer in Ontario?

most likely the same price or a bit higher I would say, zero benefits and long line ups 

Have at it,I will stick to the BEER store in and out

21 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

most likely the same price or a bit higher I would say, zero benefits and long line ups 

Have at it,I will stick to the BEER store in and out

While the rest of world continues with one stop shopping, fail cheers for inefficencies.

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

While the rest of world continues with one stop shopping, fail cheers for inefficencies.

MOst men really don't shop too much in Sobey's just an observation -  

Most beer drinkers have a plan to go to the BEER STORE than back home,,,,

The regulars I see that stop after work for a case and 2 travaller king cans - you just wont see these people in sobeys 

It is convient for some that is for sure but I really have never hear anyone complain until THE RIGHT TELLS THEM TOO

and most of the world has private liqour stores like in the USA , again rarely is a  grocery store needed for booze 

Just think once this is completed the PC party will not have a platform anymore ::lol:  

7 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

MOst men really don't shop too much in Sobey's just an observation -  

Most beer drinkers have a plan to go to the BEER STORE than back home,,,,

The regulars I see that stop after work for a case and 2 travaller king cans - you just wont see these people in sobeys 

It is convient for some that is for sure but I really have never hear anyone complain until THE RIGHT TELLS THEM TOO

and most of the world has private liqour stores like in the USA , again rarely is a  grocery store needed for booze 

Just think once this is completed the PC party will not have a platform anymore ::lol:  

You know what, I love Sobeys.  I like to pick my fruits and meats and maybe a poverty pack or two.

One stop.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

delivered by who? 

can't wait for these small stores to have hundreds of return bottles and cans - no so fun

Stupid Quebecers selling beer in corner stores for years.  Newfoundland also. 

And pricing in Quebec is cheaper then Ontario.  And in Quebec they sell 30packs in corner stores.   Kids aren’t any drunker then Ontario.   Nor is drinking and driving worse.

I guess Fail forgot to explain to Quebecers the benefits of selling beer through a monopoly.  Benefits for big 3 and the union.

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Stupid Quebecers selling beer in corner stores for years.  Newfoundland also. 

And pricing in Quebec is cheaper then Ontario.  And in Quebec they sell 30packs in corner stores.   Kids aren’t any drunker then Ontario.   Nor is drinking and driving worse.

I guess Fail forgot to explain to Quebecers the benefits of selling beer through a monopoly.  Benefits for big 3 and the union.

I know it works, who doesn't :dunno:  my point is there will be no benefit  to the consumer but will get 1000's unemployed 

GO DOUG and the WACKOS 

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I know it works, who doesn't :dunno:  my point is there will be no benefit  to the consumer but will get 1000's unemployed 

GO DOUG and the WACKOS 

People that built carriages became unemployed by Henry Ford-change & progress happens!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

GO DOUG and the WACKOS 

Sorry wrong again Fail..Lots of benefits to consumers.

And the1,000’s you claimwill be unemployed even though no beer stores have closed yet, should have no problem getting one of the 100,00’s jobs you keep telling us Trudeau is created.  You know the good full time ones you were just bragging about.

Its a win win right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ya no harm but its about as important as buck a beer was (non existent) 

"We've all had enough paper in our lives, at least me, for one, I have experienced rummaging through the glove box, looking for that little pink slip," Phillips said as he made the announcement on Thursday. "Well, as of today your rummaging days are over if you choose this electronic option."

He must think everyone are useless idiots :dunno:   who doesn't have their info all in one place in one carrier of some kind :dunno:  

Is this  a ONEWAY thing? :lol: 

I will stick with the slip

The electronic cards will feature safeguards that won't allow them to be altered or edited, and privacy concerns are top of mind, Phillips said.

Drivers will be responsible for making sure their phone can display the proof of insurance, even with a poor signal, drained battery or damaged screen. 

Edited by 1trailmaker

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Ya no harm but its about as important as buck a beer was (non existent) 

"We've all had enough paper in our lives, at least me, for one, I have experienced rummaging through the glove box, looking for that little pink slip," Phillips said as he made the announcement on Thursday. "Well, as of today your rummaging days are over if you choose this electronic option."

He must think everyone are useless idiots :dunno:   who doesn't have their info all in one place in one carrier of some kind :dunno:  

Is this  a ONEWAY thing? :lol: 

I will stick with the slip

The electronic cards will feature safeguards that won't allow them to be altered or edited, and privacy concerns are top of mind, Phillips said.

Drivers will be responsible for making sure their phone can display the proof of insurance, even with a poor signal, drained battery or damaged screen. 

I scan everything into my Dropbox along with all photos snapped automatically uploaded.  

It's a move in the right direction.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I scan everything into my Dropbox along with all photos snapped automatically uploaded.  

It's a move in the right direction.

yes it is. 

but just in case I want a slip, if your phone is down for whatever reason I don't need POPO giving me a ticket for no insurance slip ---  

You have to pull out your license either way so this step isn't saving you fuck all - like i said SLOGAN MAN is not that smart

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

yes it is. 

but just in case I want a slip, if your phone is down for whatever reason I don't need POPO giving me a ticket for no insurance slip ---  

You have to pull out your license either way so this step isn't saving you fuck all - like i said SLOGAN MAN is not that smart

Fail I own 5 cars and 10 powersports.  All legally registered, licensed and insured.  The docs, actual are more or a pain.