*** OFFICIAL Doug Ford thread ***

Puzzleboy

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, 1trailmaker said:

:lol:  Ya a line worker is going to get relocation costs :lol:  

and its typical :lol:  I wonder how many GM workers were offer relocation costs to china :lol: 

They are here because they make money here - no other reason other than being Canadian 

Poor Fail... you've never been part of the real world. It's not uncommon at all when an employer shuts down operations in one location and opens net new in another or consolidates for them to offer employees that want to move relocation assistance. Another memo for you to send to the HR experts Fail. It's really a simple concept Fail. It costs money, lots of money to interview, hire and train net new employees plus the productivity losses it takes before they reach full efficiency. Those costs are real and typically more than the costs associated with helping someone already on the payroll, fully trained, ready to go to work relocate. That would also save them on severance and legal costs as well. Since many would get a lawyer to negotiate for increased severance.  

Tough concepts for you to grasp I know.

Maple Leaf are here because that is where their supply and customer base is. Only a moron would ship i.e. Ontario chickens to the US for processing then ship the product back to Ontario. Really... you were recently dropped on your head weren't you.

Edited by 02sled

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

Poor Fail... you've never been part of the real world. It's not uncommon at all when an employer shuts down operations in one location and opens net new in another or consolidates for them to offer employees that want to move relocation assistance. Another memo for you to send to the HR experts Fail. It's really a simple concept Fail. It costs money, lots of money to interview, hire and train net new employees plus the productivity losses it takes before they reach full efficiency. Those costs are real and typically more than the costs associated with helping someone already on the payroll, fully trained, ready to go to work relocate. That would also save them on severance and legal costs as well. Since many would get a lawyer to negotiate for increased severance.  

Tough concepts for you to grasp I know.

Maple Leaf are here because that is where their supply and customer base is. Only a moron would ship i.e. Ontario chickens to the US for processing then ship the product back to Ontario. Really... you were recently dropped on your head weren't you.

:lol: line workers getting relocation money :lol:  

02sled well aware of Admin and other higher end employees getting setup in a new location - its not brain surgery to know this.  Fact is a line worker is not apart of that EVER.  

as you like to say these people are low skilled low life people that should improve their skills -  does that cover most of your posts?

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

02sled well aware of Admin and other higher end employees getting setup in a new location - its not brain surgery to know this.  Fact is a line worker is not apart of that EVER.  

as you like to say these people are low skilled low life people that should improve their skills -  does that cover most of your posts?

Not for line work, but for long time operators running sophisticated processed, yes I've seen it first hand.

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

As usual you know nothing of the real world Fail. Not for unskilled work but people running machinery that takes training yes. The others (unskilled) would be typically told there is a job waiting if you are willing to relocate. I've seen people offered relocation assistance, not pay all the cost but assistance for even warehouse positions.

Edited by 02sled

15 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug's buddy gets TOP OPP job

More from the vivid imagination of Fail... where do you come up with this from. He's a Toronto Police Superintendent  commanding three divisions. Sounds like he's qualified for the job.

Edited by 02sled

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More from the vivid imagination of Fail... where do you come up with this from. He's a Toronto Police Superintendent  commanding three divisions. Sounds like he's qualified for the job.

Its well known he is a friend of the FORDS family he is an Etobicoke resident.

Same for his buddy that got the great Hospital Head job.

Its all good no worries 

Edited by 1trailmaker

23 minutes ago, 02sled said:

As usual you know nothing of the real world Fail. Not for unskilled work but people running machinery that takes training yes. The others (unskilled) would be typically told there is a job waiting if you are willing to relocate. I've seen people offered relocation assistance, not pay all the cost but assistance for even warehouse positions.

so you agree that relocation money isn't coming for 99%  

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Flag waving Doug is taking a beating today with Protests.  

Can't blame the min working class as Doug did steal $2000 a year from them.  $8000+ for his term isn't small change.

Ontario is Back - oh wait Unemployment is up 

Surely they can all quit and get a better pay in this low employment economy.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, 1trailmaker said:

Its well known he is a friend of the FORDS family he is an Etobicoke resident.

Same for his buddy that got the great Hospital Head job.

Its all good no worries 

Some proof Fail...not just your delusions. I live in Etobicoke... Ford isn't my good buddy giving me a job.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, 1trailmaker said:

so you agree that relocation money isn't coming for 99%  

More Fail BS... only 1% of the employees are skilled according to you. What an idiot. Based on your statement 99% of them would be making minimum wage.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, 1trailmaker said:

Flag waving Doug is taking a beating today with Protests.  

Can't blame the min working class as Doug did steal $2000 a year from them.  $8000+ for his term isn't small change.

Ontario is Back - oh wait Unemployment is up 

He didn't steal anything. You can't steal something from someone if they didn't have it in the first place. If they aren't happy with what they are earning.... let them go out and find another job that pays more. Not qualified for a better job. Take advantage of one of the free to the user government programs that will train them for that better job. Perhaps it's a tough decision for some of them.... hang out at the bar with the buddies after working at the minimum wage job or go to night classes to get out of that minimum wage job.

Don't forget they just got a massive 23% increase this year. That translates to a 28% - 30% increase in labour cost for the employer.

Edited by 02sled

Campbell Soup Co. will close its 87-year-old Toronto factory and shift production to the United States amid a decline in soup consumption.About 380 manufacturing jobs will be lost when the factory in south Etobicoke closes within 18 months, the company said on Tuesday.

More unemployed but according to 02sled they will pay for everyone to move to the USA.

Doug's watch hasn't started out that well I hope his luck changes for Ontario's sake

42 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Campbell Soup Co. will close its 87-year-old Toronto factory and shift production to the United States amid a decline in soup consumption.About 380 manufacturing jobs will be lost when the factory in south Etobicoke closes within 18 months, the company said on Tuesday.

More unemployed but according to 02sled they will pay for everyone to move to the USA.

Doug's watch hasn't started out that well I hope his luck changes for Ontario's sake

More stupidity from the mental midget who doesn't have any common sense at all.

Big difference moron. Maple Leaf Foods is closing old inefficient plants in Ontario and building net new in Ontario. The new site hasn't any employees at this time.

Campbells is shifting production to existing US plants with existing US employees. They will just ramp up production. Only an idiot like you can't see the difference. On top of that people can't just move to the US and get employment. The employer has to put in significant effort to transfer an employee from Canada to the US. You may find some of the more senior management transferred.

Any more stupidity you want to spew out Fail.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

More stupidity from the mental midget who doesn't have any common sense at all.

Big difference moron. Maple Leaf Foods is closing old inefficient plants in Ontario and building net new in Ontario. The new site hasn't any employees at this time.

Campbells is shifting production to existing US plants with existing US employees. They will just ramp up production. Only an idiot like you can't see the difference. On top of that people can't just move to the US and get employment. The employer has to put in significant effort to transfer an employee from Canada to the US. You may find some of the more senior management transferred.

Any more stupidity you want to spew out Fail.

Its refreshing to not hear you blaming  our Government for Job loses 

What changed :lol:  

On 12/2/2018 at 1:10 PM, 02sled said:

Some proof Fail...not just your delusions. I live in Etobicoke... Ford isn't my good buddy giving me a job.

Still thinking this isn't FORDS friend?   

Now we find out he was 3 levels short for the job so Doug changed the hiring rules and qualificationsn needed.... :lol:  

but Doug had nothing to do with it (again) lol going to hear this often in the next 4e years

I am okay with it if  you are. 

16 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Still thinking this isn't FORDS friend?   

Now we find out he was 3 levels short for the job so Doug changed the hiring rules and qualificationsn needed.... :lol:  

but Doug had nothing to do with it (again) lol going to hear this often in the next 4e years

I am okay with it if  you are. 

So far nothing more than politically motivated rhetoric. You miss a couple of key points. One Doug has to sign off on any job appointment of that level. That would exclude an awful lot of people from being able to fill the job. When Fantino got the job try and tell me that Wynnebag or was it McSquinty at the time didn't know Fantino well.

It's not Trudope hiring someone for the job. If it was all males would have been excluded. Now you're also making assumptions but what else is new? Who says Doug changed the requirements. The committee changed the requirements. How many people do you think there are in Canada that would be eligible for the job under the initial prerequisites. It would be a very small pool of people. Then of that small pool how many would be interested in moving for the job. That reduces the pool even further.

It's not a new concept that if you can't find interested candidates for the job you change the requirements. I've seen it many times.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

So far nothing more than politically motivated rhetoric. You miss a couple of key points. One Doug has to sign off on any job appointment of that level. That would exclude an awful lot of people from being able to fill the job. When Fantino got the job try and tell me that Wynnebag or was it McSquinty at the time didn't know Fantino well.

It's not Trudope hiring someone for the job. If it was all males would have been excluded. Now you're also making assumptions but what else is new? Who says Doug changed the requirements. The committee changed the requirements. How many people do you think there are in Canada that would be eligible for the job under the initial prerequisites. It would be a very small pool of people. Then of that small pool how many would be interested in moving for the job. That reduces the pool even further.

It's not a new concept that if you can't find interested candidates for the job you change the requirements. I've seen it many times.

Your bike moves fast backwards :lol:  

so you now agree its a personal friend just like the Hospital appointment made earlier this year.  

WYNNE didn't drop the qualifications  so someone could apply -  This is equivalent to wanting a District managers about end up with a floor manager.   

I expected you to defend this type of thing while bashing any Liberal that may do the same or less.   

Myself other than dropping the qualifications I have no problem with His buddy getting the job,  really I like to see the double standards set out by you and others here.

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Seems the FORDs keep costing up money :dunno:  Robbie and his subways, his changing of plans already made have cost us...

Robs ONE StOP billion dollar station

She cited Toronto's Scarborough subway project as an example, with plans changing three times between 2011 and 2013. The city is still in the early planning stages of building a multibillion-dollar one-stop subway extension, although Premier Doug Ford has expressed a preference to build a three-stop version of the line.

Go Doug lets see what happens now

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Seems the FORDs keep costing up money :dunno:  Robbie and his subways, his changing of plans already made have cost us...

Robs ONE StOP billion dollar station

She cited Toronto's Scarborough subway project as an example, with plans changing three times between 2011 and 2013. The city is still in the early planning stages of building a multibillion-dollar one-stop subway extension, although Premier Doug Ford has expressed a preference to build a three-stop version of the line.

Go Doug lets see what happens now

Ford more years.