Puzzleboy

40 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Dougie to reinstate train service to Timmis it was canceled in 2012 

No end to the Money Ford has to spend

Hopefully he gets his lions share of the federal payouts 

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/7/2022 at 3:03 PM, smokin george said:

I got a cheque for $570 today. 

Save it for the new certification rules that are coming.

5 minutes ago, toslow said:

Got any insight on this? Or is it just talking points 

Talk to any MTO mechanic and they will tell you what's coming.

Bi-annual safeties/emissions testing for all personal vehicles similar to those currently applied to commercial vehicles.

It will be all tablet based. The inspections will be done through the vehicles OBD port so it can't be faked.

It was supposed to be implemented last year but was postponed due to Covid.

https://www.autoserviceworld.com/vehicle-inspections-to-go-digital-in-ontario/

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Talk to any MTO mechanic and they will tell you what's coming.

Bi-annual safeties/emissions testing for all personal vehicles similar to those currently applied to commercial vehicles.

It will be all tablet based. The inspections will be done through the vehicles OBD port so it can't be faked.

It was supposed to be implemented last year but was postponed due to Covid.

https://www.autoserviceworld.com/vehicle-inspections-to-go-digital-in-ontario/

This is not happening, this is nothing more then misinformation by Auto shop industry.  In the article the only person quoted is from AARO they sell aftermarket parts and want mandatory certs.   At no point has any govenment even brought up the topic, Doug Ford canceled the E-test, if you read the article they are depending on E-test data as proof needed for cert (ripping people off yearly with repairs) - It makes no sense to cancel something just to bring it back.

Don't believe one word about this - it just misinformation

AARO is a company that sells memberships not parts. I would think they are pushing something like this to drive business to the automotive shops.

you can become a member and have benefits of savings on insurance for your shop plus benefits for your employees things like that.

in reality this is the same bullshit the liberals was doing and ford done away with.

But anything can happen again. I will not be surprised if it does. The ford government is greasy to the core 

Have to agree with fail on this one. Not going to happen.

This is nothing more than a handful of auto shops yapping off trying to figure away to make money 

I hold a few license for heavy truck and automotive plus heavy equipment, All red seal. so I’m definitely qualified But  Does this mean i need to still take my vehicles to a repair facility to have it plugged into by someone else?

Edited by toslow

BC has something similar to this after 4 years (in 5th year) you must get a safety but that is it apparently......

So many new vehicles on the road today in Ontario, I don't see this as needed or productive.  It is the actual reason e-test was canceled over 95% passed.

The IDEA that people are driving around without brakes is not really something I ever think about

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Save it for the new certification rules that are coming.

We'll more and likely be down in Nova Scotia and they have a certification every 2 years. I got stopped driving my brother's truck and the cop said the certification was past due it's date. I told him I just picked it up and driving it to Ont lol. 

22 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

This is not happening, this is nothing more then misinformation by Auto shop industry.  In the article the only person quoted is from AARO they sell aftermarket parts and want mandatory certs.   At no point has any govenment even brought up the topic, Doug Ford canceled the E-test, if you read the article they are depending on E-test data as proof needed for cert (ripping people off yearly with repairs) - It makes no sense to cancel something just to bring it back.

Well, my buddy is certified by the MTO and he says it is coming. It was supposed to be here last year but got postponed because they didn't have the equipment available. He says they are talking $40-50k buy in for equipment and software. You will have a secured link to the MTO. No cheating the system.

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, my buddy is certified by the MTO and he says it is coming. It was supposed to be here last year but got postponed because they didn't have the equipment available. He says they are talking $40-50k buy in for equipment and software. You will have a secured link to the MTO. No cheating the system.

Like I said there is not one report or comment from any government official.   I am sure your buddy has reasons for saying this but is it the same reasons that Biden is making chemical war in Ukraine and Russia is saving us.

Why cancel E-test just to bring them back? 

What new machines are needed to do certs?   E-test has nothing to do with safety and most Auto Shop already do certs, there is no NEW equipment needed to check brakes, ball joints, rod, mufflers and tires.  It is all visual inspection.

All these reports are NOT from Government

AS it is now you don't even need E-test lights to be off when selling cars - My buddy owns North Toronto Auctions he says he has heard nothing about it and the MTO is at his shop every weekend auction handing out trip permits.  He can now cert cars without an E-test.

Where is the official notice for SHOPS like your buddy?  it would be all over the internet and Doug would be answering questions....  Have you heard one question asked to Doug about this?

Edited by 1trailmaker

On 4/10/2022 at 11:18 PM, 1trailmaker said:

Man, I finally agree with you on something, must be a full moon :wacko:

• Haha 1

There is/was no way they could eliminate the stickers and all the associated money without implementing something else to make up that shortfall.

I'm not 100% sure what that is yet but to think we have all just received a windfall and we will no longer be paying is asinine. 

5 hours ago, irv said:

There is/was no way they could eliminate the stickers and all the associated money without implementing something else to make up that shortfall.

I'm not 100% sure what that is yet but to think we have all just received a windfall and we will no longer be paying is asinine. 

in your wisdom how would the government make money from private shops doing certs?   Grade 1 math problem

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

no link to this official Ontario post? 

Spring is almost over, so where are these tests you keep posting about?   

Guess you can't  read . As I posted originally,  I got this off social media .....nothing more ... But  I looked up the link for you . Appears to be Commercial vehicles to start. 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/driveon-emissions-and-safety-inspection-program

31 minutes ago, Dieseltech said:

Guess you can't  read . As I posted originally,  I got this off social media .....nothing more ... But  I looked up the link for you . Appears to be Commercial vehicles to start. 

https://www.ontario.ca/page/driveon-emissions-and-safety-inspection-program

Great link thanks, this clears up lots of stuff..

Get certified every 2 years FALSE

Get etest every year FALSE 

Your sticker is free of fees TRUE

Diesel transports large buses rated over 4500kg

All Gas vehicles are exempt

These heavy polluters need to be in check.

Seems like all the up roar was fake news - thanks for clearing that up

Maintain your vehicle

Avoid costly repairs and reduce pollution by maintaining your vehicle according to the manufacturer’s recommended service schedules. It is illegal to drive with your malfunction indicator light (the check engine light) on if it is emissions control-related. Have your vehicle looked at by a qualified repair technician as soon as possible if this light comes on.

:lol: how many are on the road

Your vehicle does not need an emissions test if it is a:

• light passenger vehicle (motor vehicles with a registered gross weight less than or equal to 4,500 kilograms), including motorcycles and motorhomes
  • heavy non-diesel vehicle (vehicles with a registered gross weight over 4,500 kilograms that do not run on diesel)