*** OFFICIAL Patrick Brown thread ***

Puzzleboy

Net loss on your primary residence is deductible against your income? Come on, who would leverage them self like that?  I want to see Wynne go too, but this guy is not the answer stop making excuses for him.

1 minute ago, rjd75 said:

Net loss on your primary residence is deductible against your income? Come on, who would leverage them self like that?  I want to see Wynne go too, but this guy is not the answer stop making excuses for him.

A property like his will get 4K per week easy.  Is he expected to claim that without expensing his losses.  Get real.

5 minutes ago, rjd75 said:

You are right, he is displaying his sharp business acumen.  The story he gave the layman is that "like every other young person in Ontario his family loaned him money for a down payment on a home" .  

What's your point?  The current PM blew through millions and couldn't put together a down payment.

I'm not sure what your point is, you are OK with someone who can't manage their own finances to be premiere  because Trudeau couldn't either?  You are saying there is more to the story, that's what I started out saying so I guess on that we agree.

Edited by rjd75

44 minutes ago, rjd75 said:

I'm not sure what your point is, you are OK with someone who can't manage their own finances to be premiere  because Trudeau couldn't either?  You are saying there is more to the story, that's what I started out saying so I guess on that we agree.

I'm not ok with someone who can't manage his expenses.  But we don't know the full story.  The PM sets the bar low.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm not ok with someone who can't manage his expenses.  But we don't know the full story.  The PM sets the bar low.

Yeah, but according to him IT IS THE WHOLE STORY.  So if it's true and he likes to over extend himself on borrowed money hoping to break even on air bnb, then he is not too sharp.   If there is much more to the story, then he obviously takes the general public for idiots hoping they believe his bullshit.  If there is more, which we all know there is, the time for it to come out will be during the election.  You can be sure Wynnebag would get to the bottom of it.  So in either scenario he is a side show and should step aside.  I don't see how anyone could trust him at this point or have any confidence in him, it's too late.

1 hour ago, rjd75 said:

Yeah, but according to him IT IS THE WHOLE STORY.  So if it's true and he likes to over extend himself on borrowed money hoping to break even on air bnb, then he is not too sharp.   If there is much more to the story, then he obviously takes the general public for idiots hoping they believe his bullshit.  If there is more, which we all know there is, the time for it to come out will be during the election.  You can be sure Wynnebag would get to the bottom of it.  So in either scenario he is a side show and should step aside.  I don't see how anyone could trust him at this point or have any confidence in him, it's too late.

They asked him to claim income on his rental, its likely a loss.  If so he is getting half that loss back as a tax refund.  Don't try and make too much out of it.

If you remember Mulcair remortgaged his home many times with each increasing and there was no rental income.  

Edited by ArcticCrusher

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They have got to do better than that.  

I think he will step down and this is how it will go.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/in-or-out-patrick-brown-sure-looks-like-hes-gearing-up-for-an-exit/article38110601/

There will be much relief throughout the Ontario Conservative party if Mr. Brown does pull out (although because the deadline for doing such things has passed, his name would remain on the ballot). He will stop being the massive distraction he has been to the campaign and the party.

If he became leader again, who knows what would happen to the important work currently under way to rid the party of some of the "rot" that had begun to set in during his tenure. There are questions about the party's membership list that won't be sorted out for months. The party is broken. It needs to be fixed. And that work couldn't be done if Mr. Brown was back at the helm.

There's an understatement!

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/looks-like-hes-stepping-down-patrick-brown-withdrawing-from-leadership-race

The source cited the unrelenting attention on sexual misconduct allegations for at least part of the decision and more recent allegations over his personal finances and trips he’s taken abroad.

“They don’t feel it was ever going to stop,” the source said.

Welcome to reality

20 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Brown entered the race for a reason.

To prove the allegations against him would prevent him from winning.

Now he has a case against CBC that they destroyed him.

I think he was getting VERY bad advice.