• USA Contributing Member

Looking at getting a modular, what can you recommend? It's been a while since I bought one and there's a lot out there.  Looking at FXR Fuel Modular Elite.

Good......bad?  Any other Recommendations?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

That's the helmet BVS I've been using for years they work very well.  I don't even use the filters anymore, I just let the condensation run out the breather.

Edited by fun11cat

I really like my Oxygen.  Starting season 3 with it.  The LED light on the back is awesome to follow in a snow storm, its heated and a lot lighter than the BV2s, which is also a great helmet.  Wore one of those for a long time too.

• Gold Member
22 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I really like my Oxygen.  Starting season 3 with it.  The LED light on the back is awesome to follow in a snow storm, its heated and a lot lighter than the BV2s, which is also a great helmet.  Wore one of those for a long time too.

Starting season 2 with my Oxygen.  Its almost to hot.  Have to have shield on to keep from fogging but then whole helmet gets warm.  I am hot blooded anyway.  My buds call me prime rib when we stop cause how red my face is.  Never even had to wear a balaclava with that helmet yet.  Hasn't been terrible cold though either.  I had mod 2 helmet years ago and couldn't handle that suction cup on my face.  Its not for me.  

6 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Starting season 2 with my Oxygen.  Its almost to hot.  Have to have shield on to keep from fogging but then whole helmet gets warm.  I am hot blooded anyway.  My buds call me prime rib when we stop cause how red my face is.  Never even had to wear a balaclava with that helmet yet.  Hasn't been terrible cold though either.  I had mod 2 helmet years ago and couldn't handle that suction cup on my face.  Its not for me.  

My only knock on the Oxygen, and maybe its because I got the first version of it, is that I have to have it set on 3 bars to keep the shield clear, and sometimes it can get warm in there, but only on days over say, 25 degrees F.  :dunno:   I may just start wearing it without a balaclava on those days.  I rigged up a velcro set up for the cord/heat adjuster, and have it stuck to my riser, so I can readily see it, without having to fumble around for it going down the trail.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

My only knock on the Oxygen, and maybe its because I got the first version of it, is that I have to have it set on 3 bars to keep the shield clear, and sometimes it can get warm in there, but only on days over say, 25 degrees F.  :dunno:   I may just start wearing it without a balaclava on those days.  I rigged up a velcro set up for the cord/heat adjuster, and have it stuck to my riser, so I can readily see it, without having to fumble around for it going down the trail.

I to have to keep it set to max.  Did they change something on the later ones that you don't have to keep it on max?

4 hours ago, poopooforme said:

I to have to keep it set to max.  Did they change something on the later ones that you don't have to keep it on max?

I don't know if they changed them or not, but they should have.  1 or 2 bars on mine is pretty useless.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, $poorsledder$ said:

I did some research and talked to someone that has purchased several "high end" helmets and he agrees BRP is worth the price.

Thanks for the input!

They are heavy . And you don't know how nice a carbon lid is until you put a modular back on for a day . I only put mine on if it is like -5 

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 509 Delta R4  today and was told not to get the R3. Fit is really good and in the next few days I will take it out. It has the drop tinted shield like my BRP has and the chin curtain is removable. That chin strap took a moment to get used to but I spent about an hour just messing with it and I'm good now. 

BRP never really fit me well an putting it on over my balaclava sucked and it was heavy all for a all day ride. After an hour my helmet was uncomfortable unlike say my Shoie but I still used it for four seasons. Put a hundred miles on a new HJC I have sitting and they are just to noisy. Time will tell if this one works for me. 

IMG_20210126_133903107.jpg

IMG_20210126_141313930.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

I saw that one today, should have given it a better look.

I ended up returning it and ordering a CKX Titan...I couldn’t get the breath deflector adjusted correctly and I wanted a Titan last year.👍🏼

B60CFC1C-FFFE-4ABA-85F5-B11DFD2B6DEA.jpeg.6a87d45617fa7f92f0a04c21fd42801f.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I ended up returning it and ordering a CKX Titan...I couldn’t get the breath deflector adjusted correctly and I wanted a Titan last year.👍🏼

B60CFC1C-FFFE-4ABA-85F5-B11DFD2B6DEA.jpeg.6a87d45617fa7f92f0a04c21fd42801f.jpeg

Funny I wanted a 509 last year but they had a few problems, they made good from what I was told but the new one was better. Ride report when you can.

9 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Funny I wanted a 509 last year but they had a few problems, they made good from what I was told but the new one was better. Ride report when you can.

Will do...I currently have a 509 Carbon Fiber MotoX Style and I like it but I’ve read good things about The Titan.👍🏼

• Like 1

I bought this Castle X Thunder3 helmet this year.  The picture is dark and grainy and you can't see the vents.  It's a polycarbonate shell and it's way lighter than my old Z1R that it's replacing.  Haven't worn it on a ride yet.

castle x.jpg

Edited by Fireball 440
  • Like 1

Tried the 509 Delta R4 today without the visor, no complaints. Breath box air stayed out of the rest of the face area and my eyes never watered. It was my most comfortable helmet so far. The buckle is odd but I'm getting used to it. The chin curtain is something I didn't think I would like but do. I though it might be to warm as the day went on and thought about taking off the balaclava on the way home with temps in the mid 20's. 
At one point I thought the shield had quit but there was some fog that froze as soon as it landed on anything but once clear of it all was fine. Ran with the front vent open one click most of the day and did open the top one for a little bit to see how it works, bit cold on my bald spot LOL.
Yep I like it.

• Like 1

She showed up today and it looks good...fairly versatile with two sets of goggles...one geared toward trail and the other toward backcountry/warmer weather riding.👍🏼

8FD666A1-6127-47BD-A183-F018B77FA397.thumb.jpeg.bb2b3c5e216205bc9ce05d2a69d1e41e.jpeg

• Like 1