Dow 26,000:

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Trump is a high risk, high reward individual. As evidenced by his business track record. This time he’s playing with the us economy. Trump and the gop pulled every stop to stimulate an already growing economy. When this this tumbles, which it will/is, there’s not going to be many tools to use. This crap about fundamentals is the same garbage that was thrown around in the mid 2000’s. Fucking economic experts. Idiots. 

What are you talking about? They are raising interest rates out of the 0% range under Obama at a very fast rate. Corporate debt load is at all time lows, earnings are at highs, wages are rising, etc. The markets made a parabolic move for the last 6 months and now they are coming back to reality. I’ve yet to see you guys show one single economic indicator or troubling times to come. It’s just doom and gloom. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Trump is a high risk, high reward individual. As evidenced by his business track record. This time he’s playing with the us economy. Trump and the gop pulled every stop to stimulate an already growing economy. When this this tumbles, which it will/is, there’s not going to be many tools to use. This crap about fundamentals is the same garbage that was thrown around in the mid 2000’s. Fucking economic experts. Idiots. 

Hopefully your retirement takes a huge hit when it happens.

dow up 1% on the day so far.

thank you trump!

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The unemployment rate is 4%. That’s basically zero as those 4% don’t want to work.

Oh wait is that 4% right? Under Obama 4% meant 15% to the repugs

well we all know that there is the headline rate and the real rate (U6) which is higher.  but in both cases the parties try to manipulate it to their advantage.  I think most of us who aren't partisan hacks could agree the best overall economy we have seen in the past 25 years was in Clinton second term where U3 was basically at 4% and U6 under 8 to to see those numbers Trump has some work to do but lots of those jobs are manufacturing related and trumps far more pro blue collar than Obama ever was.  Trumps biggest negative right now is his unwillingness to attack spending and addressing health care cost.  Take health care increases out and we could easily absorb some inflation and pulling back not expanding spending for example on the MIC would have some dampening effect on inflation.  

U3-vs-U6-Unemployment-2-2-18.png

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Hopefully your retirement takes a huge hit when it happens.

dow up 1% on the day so far.

thank you trump!

My retirement monies, although I can’t foresee myself retiring, is well protected. My ex and I did very well with our investments. Slow sustained growth over several decades. The only investment that has taken off bigley is my Wisconsin state pension. My other investments are the slower, sustained growth type. So rest assured your wish won’t cone true. 

Edited by spin_dry

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

My retirement monies, although I can’t foresee myself retiring, is well protected. My ex and I did very well with our investments. Slow sustained growth over several decades. The only investment that has taken off bigley is my Wisconsin state pension. My other investments are the slower, sustained growth type. So rest assured your wish won’t cone true. 

So inflation that you bitch about won’t hurt you?

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

The country is made up of more than “ME”. 

How do you know the entire middle class is not in “your” special situation then?  Rising wages, very tremendously good market, great job prospects for those that want good jobs.

• Platinum Contributing Member

We "appear" to have cooler heads prevailing today and investors seeing some buys based off strong fundamentals.  Considering where futures were overnight this is good to see.  

We could be seeing some re-allocation money being put back in after profit taking.      

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Where have I ever stated or predicted what the markets would do?  Generally they go up, in seven years we typically see 6 pluses and one negative.  The problem with dorks like yourself is you plan every year to be a down.:lol:

Well dumbass #1. You should check back at your predictions in this thread. Shall we talk about you predicting it would costn$1.40 Canadian to buy a US dollar?  You blamed it on Trudope as if it was a bad thing. Then when I later pointed out that the US dollar dropped 10% against the CAD since trump was elected and more against the Euro. Suddenly it was a good thing. All Trumpsters rejoice.  

52 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

We’ve lost literally one month of gains after years of growth... Capitalism has a long way to go before it’s even in a warming trend let alone in fire.

Lol stick to gender pronouns.

No one “knows”, it’s like science. You can make a hypothesis with the best information possible and be totally wrong. The majority of the time you aren’t that far off. Whereas you are working off of information like: What color crayon tastes better? 

Let’s talk when it’s closing in on 30,000 Carnac. 

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Indeed!  We got a new fed chair and we all know it's time for interest rates to go up.  We are raising wages to attract the people sitting at home and from other operations.  THIS IS ALL GOOD!!!!!!  A quick downturn correction is part of the show and part of a healthy market.  It makes people rethink the margin risks they've been eating on for a year and get's us back some good buying opportunities again.

“The stock market is going up, that’s fantastic All hail Trump. The stock market is going down that’s good. All hail Trump. “

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We "appear" to have cooler heads prevailing today and investors seeing some buys based off strong fundamentals.  Considering where futures were overnight this is good to see.  

We could be seeing some re-allocation money being put back in after profit taking.      

You can tell by the rise in certain stocks people are buying today. The smart money is not scared...

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Well dumbass #1. You should check back at your predictions in this thread. Shall we talk about you predicting it would costn$1.40 Canadian to buy a US dollar?  You blamed it on Trudope as if it was a bad thing. Then when I later pointed out that the US dollar dropped 10% against the CAD since trump was elected and more against the Euro. Suddenly it was a good thing. All Trumpsters rejoice.  

Let’s talk when it’s closing in on 30,000 Carnac. 

“The stock market is going up, that’s fantastic All hail Trump. The stock market is going down that’s good. All hail Trump. “

Oh, I want the CAD to drop and many are predicting a 1.40 exchange.  Ca-ching Ca-ching.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Edmo said:

You can tell by the rise in certain stocks people are buying today. The smart money is not scared...

Volatile today.   I went up sharply to down in about an 1/2 hour timeframe.  

It's called PROFIT TAKING. A market commentator just said it, it's as simple as that. The big pigs start it on Wall Street, and then it starts the panic. These are big fucking pigs who deal in BILLIONS not millions of dollars. These are professional, big-time investors who can swing the markets with their massive holdings. The economy was chugging along beautifully, thanks to Uncle Donny. Even if you factored in interest rate increases, it would not have hurt the economy or the market. THIS WAS A FILTHY PROFIT BASTARD MOVE BY THE ENORMOUS MONEY HOGS ON WALL STREET, WHICH CAUSED A GLOBAL PANIC. Nothing more, nothing less. 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:28 PM, DriftBusta said:

Its crazy what some of my clients are making for money in this economy.  Their accounts are already up over 5% in the past 2 weeks ffs.

Woofie, can you give us any words of sage advice? I have a rope dangling from the swamp maple behind the garage. Pls. hurry!! 

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Clean you out?  You’ve only lost a a few months gain. How fucked up is your investment strategy?

How fucked up would your ass be if I planted a size 12 Rocky Boot in it? 

5 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

Woofie, can you give us any words of sage advice? I have a rope dangling from the swamp maple behind the chicken coop. Pls. hurry!! 

Needless to say you are to cut a cheque to awful also, damn sucks to be you !!!

1 minute ago, The One said:

Needless to say you are to cut a cheque to awful also, damn sucks to be you !!!

Check is in the mail!!!  

LMMFAO!!!!! :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: 800 FAGGON, what a homo!!! 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Another one of his dupes?  

Yeah, it's endless. He's a computer faggot. Very good with the PC, but still a FAGGOT. I think he's friends with SSFB. Did you happen to notice my MEMBER RATING? Minus 2 BILLION!!! LMAO!! Thanks SSFB, I'll remember that when I'm beating you like a rented mule at UNH-Durham. :pan: