Gord Downie won't be down for breakfast....

Puzzleboy

Well, not yet, but a shitty diagnosis he's received.  :(  Used to like the Hip in the early days.  More recent music sucks, but always respected them regardless. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does suck....I am sure diagnosed everyday to many, but when it is more in the media, really makes you think twice about life, choices you make and enjoying the time, while you can!

There next & final tour should be an interesting one.

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Well, not yet, but a shitty diagnosis he's received.  :(  Used to like the Hip in the early days.  More recent music sucks, but always respected them regardless. 

This thread is in bad taste......Shamefull

Another thread, same subject in CE and on TBP. Don't think it's in poor taste unless someone says something stupid.  Oh yeah this is FS.

I agree, their early music was good, the most recent not so much.

Lame thread.  Isn't the "won't be down for breakfast" used when someone has already passed?  Poor taste.  Sorry but it hits a nerve with me.  Lost my father to brain tumours when he was 40.  Four months after diagnosis.  Never smoked, did drugs and hardly ever drank.  

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am not sure what choices could have had an influence on that.  Very sad to hear even if I was not a particular fan.

If you are referring to my post about "choices", I am not referring to choices that may have caused what he has, but choices made in life not knowing if the grim reaper known as cancer may strike at any time. Perhaps decisions or actions that you would have done differently, if you had known your life may end shorter than expected.....I am sure most do not live life knowing that it may end 6, 12 or 18 months from today. 

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Gord is good for another 500 breakfasts, billions of smiles and an eternity of creative genius.

Love the guy

I thought they said he could be treated for what he has, but there is no timeline as to how long he may be able to live with his cancer.

Hope there are many more smiles and creativity left for him, and anyone else in the same situation!

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If you are referring to my post about "choices", I am not referring to choices that may have caused what he has, but choices made in life not knowing if the grim reaper known as cancer may strike at any time. Perhaps decisions or actions that you would have done differently, if you had known your life may end shorter than expected.....I am sure most do not live life knowing that it may end 6, 12 or 18 months from today. 

I thought they said he could be treated for what he has, but there is no timeline as to how long he may be able to live with his cancer.

Hope there are many more smiles and creativity left for him, and anyone else in the same situation!

How could you know?

I don't think I would want to live my life any different but there are some I bet who live totally for today, I could never do that.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

How could you know?

I don't think I would want to live my life any different but there are some I bet who live totally for today, I could never do that.

That is it, you never do know....could be cancer or a car accident that puts an end to life as you may know it.

Some live for today, like you, I could not, but also need to realize life is short, need to decide what is important in life and make choices based on that and your tolerance level.

Don't dwell on it, but these sort of things are reality checks for some and how they may choose to live their life.....but to each their own.

11 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I think I'd travel the world with that prognosis, but he probably feels he's already done that.  But I think the touring will prove to be tough on him. 

Or it may help him keep a positive outlook on things.

I think the emotional outcry by so many fans during each and every concert will be huge.

Fauxhawk is very sensitive.  We missed your former FS username..... what was it again?

2 hours ago, Mowhawkcat said:

The words"won't be down for breakfast"

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

That is it, you never do know....could be cancer or a car accident that puts an end to life as you may know it.

Some live for today, like you, I could not, but also need to realize life is short, need to decide what is important in life and make choices based on that and your tolerance level.

Don't dwell on it, but these sort of things are reality checks for some and how they may choose to live their life.....but to each their own.

I don't live for today, but I do live.  My future is set.

18 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

How is it shameful?  He's been given a terminal diagnosis, and doesn't have much time left. 

As that mohawk guy said, "not down for breakfast" means dead and he is not dead,  hence my bad taste comment.  Almost like you are trying to make a joke out of it.

Anyway, I will be going full boar next week to try and get tickets to one of the shows