Shiny Icebergs on a Bike

Probably has friction spikes on the bike, amazing what you can do on ice with them.  I think they're about 250 bucks a pop these days.  I had a set back in the day.  Don't crash and get your body near any spinning tires if you fall though,  they'll rip you open pretty quick. :lol:  

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

When I was a kid oval ice racing on dirtbikes was a popular sport . Havnt heard much about it in quite a while.

Yeah I remember a sanctioned group in New England years back as well.  About 30 years ago a buddy lived on a lake, and we'd set up ovals to race on.  Get campfire going on the shore, beers and just stay out there all day long ripping it up.  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I remember a sanctioned group in New England years back as well.  About 30 years ago a buddy lived on a lake, and we'd set up ovals to race on.  Get campfire going on the shore, beers and just stay out there all day long ripping it up.  

I think there is still a group that ice races cars.

I have a few bags of the screw in studs still from when w would stud our dirtbikes and quads and run them on the lake . it is amazing how much grip they have .only thing I have used them for in yrs is  screwing them in to my ice fishing boots

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Used to go up to Sturbridge Mass for a ice racing meet they held a few weekends a year back in the day. At the time I had a quad racer 500 which was fairly new and they only made them for a few years right around 1990. So I am going to guess it has been 20 years since there or even down on Congamond. The grip coming out of the corners was just awesome nothing else I have tried compares.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Used to go up to Sturbridge Mass for a ice racing meet they held a few weekends a year back in the day. At the time I had a quad racer 500 which was fairly new and they only made them for a few years right around 1990. So I am going to guess it has been 20 years since there or even down on Congamond. The grip coming out of the corners was just awesome nothing else I have tried compares.

Yes, Sturbridge was where my buds used to race.  I think the same group that ran the Monson hillclimbs did the ice racing.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yes, Sturbridge was where my buds used to race.  I think the same group that ran the Monson hillclimbs did the ice racing.

There was another track on rte 70 in Lancaster or Lunenburg. A little south of rte 2