World Jrs

Blackstar

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Embarrassing  loss to the Slovaks for the Americans tonight.

wondering if it will even be worth watching them play Canada tomorrow.

Yeah, we’ve got 10 players from MN on the team and 5 from my hometown!  They are now risking a solid flogging at the border!!!!  WTF??????????????

Theyd better step that shit up or we’re gonna pack their shut up for them and fire it out of the state!!!!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Sksman said:

USA were tournament favs.

And always worth watching Can/USA. 

Ya, I'm gonna watch. Just can't believe how poorly they played last night. Not only did they get beat but they spent the entire game either equal or behind. Not once did they lead.

This outdoor game is ridiculous too. This is tournament play. Why are 2 teams being forced to play on questionable ice? Reports say they tried to have a practice there and the ice fell apart. I assume they couldn't have the traditional New Years Eve Game so they are looking for a way to draw attention.

Great link Steve6. Prices are out of control.

Like any sports events these days, it,s all about making cash.

Sometimes the greddy get too greddy, and it backfires on them.

It will be interesting to see how many fans they get for the outdoor game.

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I'm gonna watch. Just can't believe how poorly they played last night. Not only did they get beat but they spent the entire game either equal or behind. Not once did they lead.

This outdoor game is ridiculous too. This is tournament play. Why are 2 teams being forced to play on questionable ice? Reports say they tried to have a practice there and the ice fell apart. I assume they couldn't have the traditional New Years Eve Game so they are looking for a way to draw attention.

The U.S. outshot them something fierce but the U.S. just couldn't capitalize. Aside from that, I also thought it was a lackluster game and I also thought the U.S. would smoke them. Certainly not upset the U.S. lost nor how it changes things up, but hopefully Canada can use this to their advantage. 

I also agree the outdoor game is ridiculous! Totally not fair at all, in a huge tourney like this, to have the faves play outdoors but none of the other teams have to. I never heard anything about the ice so that only compounds this stupid decision! >:(

6 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Numbers have been steadily declining for a few years now. Also, but maybe I wasn't paying attention, it seems like there was hardly any advertising, talk, nothing about this years tourney. It seemed real quiet with no hype at all that I have seen in the past. No talk of the players, who to watch out for, nothing. I never even heard where the tourney was going to be played this year until it started. 

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I personally like the outdoor venues.  It's where I, and most learned to play and play well in adverse conditions.  Problem now is, kids parents pay out the nose for a couple hours of ice time a week for an enclosed covered sheet   Glad we still have outdoor rinks here with pick-up hockey.  But, nowhere near the participants.  Growning up, I remember having to get to the rink Saturday morning as soon as the sun came up if you wanted some team play.  Otherwise, you waited...and waited.  Then...played til we were kicked out and lights shut off.  Now, rinks are bare til the 10-11am-ish mark and rarely a game of puck to be found once the lights go on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hanneman's Ghost said:

I don't like the idea of outdoor games. In either the NHL or the WJC. To may variables for precious points. If they want to have a gimmick game make the All Star Game an outdoor event.

But both teams have to deal with those variables.  And these kids grew up playing outdoors.  Let me guess, you hate fighting in hockey?

Ok game.

Should not have been played outdoors. Ice was shitty. Snow on the ice slowed the game.

Props to the Americans for winning it but I would have much rather seen a fast paced game with plenty of puck passing.

45,000 fans came to watch that. 

Cann,t really blame that on the refs. Fucking punks should learn to have some discipline. If they want some attention, do something good, not stupid and put your team down. They had the game in the bag. I would have stapled their ass to the pine.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Cann,t really blame that on the refs. Fucking punks should learn to have some discipline. If they want some attention, do something good, not stupid and put your team down. They had the game in the bag. I would have stapled their ass to the pine.

Come on. There were cross checks all over the place. A lot of non calls against USA.  No way it was 6 penalties Canada and 2 USA  

When 2 players started shoving and cross checking each other they gave only Can player penalty when USA guy gave as much as Canadian.  Should have been both.  And that put Canada down 2 men.

Changed tempo and mood of game due to poor officiating.

Bullshit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Come on. There were cross checks all over the place. A lot of non calls against USA.  No way it was 6 penalties Canada and 2 USA  

When 2 players started shoving and cross checking each other they gave only Can player penalty when USA guy gave as much as Canadian.  Should have been both.  And that put Canada down 2 men.

Bullshit.  

No the game changed when the showboater Canadian scored the third and waved his Canadian jersey at the US growd.  After that the US Team came back. Not to mention the Canadian goalie in the shoot out was terrible.  We lost it on our bad play...period...

15 hours ago, Sksman said:

Bullshit.  

Agree 100% it was a call to bring the Americans back in the game. Pissed me off so much I stopped watching. Don't engineer the game, let them play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey, I,m willing to bet anyone that ends up 4-2 for the Swedes. LOL 

US now has powerplay for the remaining 2 minutes.  LOL

4-3?

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Naw, I,ll stick with 4-2. LOL

You and me think alike, FN. I am guessing 4-2 and Canada will face them for the gold medal game tonight at 8pm?

Just a hunch, however.

I was wondering IF you knew that, or not.      

Hey, I was hoping you would take my bet before you realized that. LOL

Kinda tough to trick me.

I sell homing pigeons to the Newfies. So far, I have sold the same pair, 6 times. LOL