• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2016 at 0:15 PM, soupkid said:

Son and I borhg a chroma with the 4k camera, still trying to figure out how to fly the dam thing.

I'm not familiar with that brand. Does it have built in GPS to help keep it in one place when your hands are off the controls? 

On 7/22/2016 at 5:59 PM, ckf said:

I'm not familiar with that brand. Does it have built in GPS to help keep it in one place when your hands are off the controls? 

Yes it does, also has a bunch of other shit I have no idea how to use yet

On 7/7/2016 at 2:25 PM, Nyordrms said:

just bought a DJI phantom 3 pro version,  this thing is awesome,  took a couple aerial pics so far, 

one from my back yard looking up town in my village in ontario canada!

899C3B60-815D-45AB-83B6-D3B9AC271C4E_zps

and an aerial pic of my property  u can see my sled trailer lol

FB5B269A-7A52-4F22-9E5A-B813C588513E_zps

That's not Grand Bend!!!!

But I'll keep the secret!

Been able to use your drone much lately?

Looks like some fun.

• 2 months later...

i always put grand bend becuz nobody knows where thedford is, lol

i actually sold it a couple months after i got it as i didn't use it enough to justify having it

I picked up a Phantom 4 a couple of weeks ago.  Man is it a lot of fun.  Getting the hang of flying the thing first before I do any real video or photography with it.  I did go for what was likely the last boat ride of the season yesterday and sent it up in the air above the cabin.  I'll have to post that later when I get home.  I think I might try some indoor flying with it today as well.

1 hour ago, low-1 said:

I picked up a Phantom 4 a couple of weeks ago.  Man is it a lot of fun.  Getting the hang of flying the thing first before I do any real video or photography with it.  I did go for what was likely the last boat ride of the season yesterday and sent it up in the air above the cabin.  I'll have to post that later when I get home.  I think I might try some indoor flying with it today as well.

My Phantom 4 should be here today. Hopefully it clears up and the wind dies down.

This is my first one, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it's pretty sweet.  I've played around with the active track a bit, that's a pretty cool feature.  Still have to mess around with the tap to fly and point of interest features.  I had it around a mile and a half away and tried out the return-to-home feature.  I watched it closely during the auto land, and it set down within 6 inches of where it took off from.  I was pretty blown away.  I'm going to play around with course lock and att mode today.  

15 minutes ago, low-1 said:

This is my first one, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it's pretty sweet.  I've played around with the active track a bit, that's a pretty cool feature.  Still have to mess around with the tap to fly and point of interest features.  I had it around a mile and a half away and tried out the return-to-home feature.  I watched it closely during the auto land, and it set down within 6 inches of where it took off from.  I was pretty blown away.  I'm going to play around with course lock and att mode today.  

I have had my Phantom 3 Advanced just over 2 miles away a few times. Do you use HealtyDrones to keep track of your flight data?

19 hours ago, ckf said:

I had a blast flying with Rob today around Lake Willoughby.

Nice!  Love the colors!  We have been getting snow for the last few days.  Some of our little lakes are frozen over already.  Went out to check the ice on Thursday, it was already a little over an inch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, low-1 said:

Here's a quick little edit of what was likely my last boat ride out to the cabin last weekend.

Nice! you seem to be picking it up quick.

You horizon level seems to be off a little. Have you done an IMU calibration?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Nice! you seem to be picking it up quick.

You horizon level seems to be off a little. Have you done an IMU calibration?

Nope, not yet.  Just having fun flying the thing at the moment 

Here's a pre-drone video I finally put together.  Last year, one of my friend's asked if I was interested in hopping in a helicopter and chasing them around on their dirtbikes.  Tough to say no to an offer like that!

• Like 2