An announcment I don't want to make

ckf

18 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Rip Rob. I have been a lurker on fs since 2008 I believe. And like a lot of other people, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. 

On a side note. I would do a lot of horrible things to get my hands on a '69 hugger orange and white striped Camaro with hidden headlights. Sadly by the time I am able to own something like that, they will probably be banned or fuel unaffordable.

Don't worry, I'll make sure my fellow leftists never fuck with muscle cars :thumbsup:

On 12/6/2017 at 3:26 PM, ckf said:

It saddens me to announce the untimely death of our founder and friend, Rob has passed away. I don't know all of the details, but they think he may have had a heart attack sometime on either Monday or Tuesday. After not hearing from him via email since Monday afternoon I sent a FB message to one of his neighbors this morning asking if they could stop by to check on him. When I got a reply asking what my phone number was I knew it wasn't going to be good.

RIP my friend :sad:

rob.jpg

Real shitty to hear John, my condolences to everyone. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I hate to admit this , but X2  :lol::lol:       

:bc:

I think this explains why I was so fucking annoying back then, I was running around harassing 3 users at a time calling them stupid old farts while they were sitting there cursing me and the keyboard out at the same time. Oh man I was a little shithead back then :lol:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I never learned how to use a computer, I could probably describe the process about as well as I can describe how I learned to speak.

That's awesome! You wanna know something crazy? I could type faster than that on a flip phone by the time I joined HCS, 25-39 years olds right now were the first generation of kids to all have cell phones in middle school. I never once imagined another user might not know how to type!

Right.  My generation will be the last to know life with out cell phones,. Yours will be the last to know without smart phones. 

Phones are such a huge part of everyone's life now, hard to imagine how we ever lived without them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Right.  My generation will be the last to know life with out cell phones,. Yours will be the last to know without smart phones. 

Phones are such a huge part of everyone's life now, hard to imagine how we ever lived without them.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason we have so much trouble communicating, I've been starting to think the partisan divide has a lot more to do with language than an irreconcilable philosophical divide.

• Like 1

Just now, Wildboer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason we have so much trouble communicating, I've been starting to think the partisan divide has a lot more to do with language than an irreconcilable philosophical divide.

May have something to do with the spike in Alzheimer's and dementia.

You are no longer using your brain to remember anything. I used to know 20 or so phone numbers by.memory. Don't even know my wife's number by memory anymore.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You are no longer using your brain to remember anything. I used to know 20 or so phone numbers by.memory. Don't even know my wife's number by memory anymore.

Same here can't temember any numbers anymore.  Same with directions since we rely on GPS.  

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I always figured I was just using the phone number space to remember other stuff, I'm banking on weed being a nueroprotector lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

If we put your gap tooth on the banner it would just be a black space stretching across the top of the screen !!!!!!11111111

So instead we'll use your untimely bonor and it will only take up a small corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :bigfinger: 

:lol::lmao:

Wow, crazy news. RIP Rob.

I post the odd time, but have been lurking ever since I stumbled across Rob’s “High Mileage Physicos” message board in 2001 when I was a teenager. Then became a member of HCS is about 2002 when it launched. 

What a ride it has been and what an interesting and eclectic cast of characters Rob brought together. 

Donny Huizenga, ICEMAN (when he was still a conservative), Mach Z, the kid that built that raft (and sunk, lol) and more  

Rob, I hope you are now at peace with your Jane  

Cheers and Godspeed  

Caleb

• Like 2

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

If we put your gap tooth on the banner it would just be a black space stretching across the top of the screen !!!!!!11111111

So instead we'll use your untimely bonor and it will only take up a small corner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :bigfinger: 

Sheepshitforbrains :owned: to the Maximum Max :lmao: 

But this thread is about Rob so smarten the fuck up 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schmidt said:

Wow, crazy news. RIP Rob.

I post the odd time, but have been lurking ever since I stumbled across Rob’s “High Mileage Physicos” message board in 2001 when I was a teenager. Then became a member of HCS is about 2002 when it launched. 

What a ride it has been and what an interesting and eclectic cast of characters Rob brought together. 

Donny Huizenga, ICEMAN (when he was still a conservative), Mach Z, the kid that built that raft (and sunk, lol) and more  

Rob, I hope you are now at peace with your Jane  

Cheers and Godspeed  

Caleb

Wait, what was high mileage physicos? I must have been in middle school back when he ran that and I've never heard of that place! Would you mind if I PM you a few questions about it? I'm planning out a writing project and it would be extremely helpful to hear about the precursor to HCS!

59 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Sheepshitforbrains :owned: to the Maximum Max :lmao: 

But this thread is about Rob so smarten the fuck up 

What the flying fuck!?!? Momo! You're a human being after all you psycho son of a bitch!!! 

6 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Wait, what was high mileage physicos? I must have been in middle school back when he ran that and I've never heard of that place! Would you mind if I PM you a few questions about it? I'm planning out a writing project and it would be extremely helpful to hear about the precursor to HCS!

@Wildboer yeah, you bet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wildboer said:

What the flying fuck!?!? Momo! You're a human being after all you psycho son of a bitch!!! 

It was a phrase on the home page of HCS, Rob at the time was running huge miles at time 9K, 10K mile seasons for fun. Below is a link to the old HCS home page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020808083319/http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com:80/snowmobiling/2002_trip_photos.htm

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It was a phrase on the home page of HCS, Rob at the time was running huge miles at time 9K, 10K mile seasons for fun. Below is a link to the old HCS home page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020808083319/http://www.robertlyonsphotography.com:80/snowmobiling/2002_trip_photos.htm

This is the page that got me started with HCS. Rob and me had some pretty good conversations about the 02 XC600sp that we both owned.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020823200406/http://www.hardcoresledder.com:80/the_02s.htm