pressure washer recommendations

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Home owner grade....  Gas powered.  $500 or less.  Used to wash concrete, house, and vehicles.

Kind of narrowed it down to this.  Just like the honda but not sure about the brand.  Seems like a good warranty?  Anything that would steer me away from this unit?

https://simpsoncleaning.com/products/ps3228/

I have a Karcher and it's been great, zero problems, but it is 13hp and wasn't cheap. You can cut thru concrete if turn up all the way and using the pin point nozzle.

Edited by XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Home owner grade....  Gas powered.  $500 or less.  Used to wash concrete, house, and vehicles.

Kind of narrowed it down to this.  Just like the honda but not sure about the brand.  Seems like a good warranty?  Anything that would steer me away from this unit?

Looks like that would work well. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Perfect, I like the holsters it has for the hose and wand.

Just make sure you always drain the pump if the unit is going to be stored in freezing conditions, with normal maintenance it should last you for many years.

• Like 1

Karcher pump, Honda motor.  I can't speak for other pumps, but the 2 karchers I've had have been amazing for longevity and durability.  The one I have no is all rusted to shit, but must have 300 hrs. on it, still starts first pull, and washes real strong.  Stay away from off brands like Excell (o?) or ones you never heard off.  I've gone through 2 shitty ones and the pumps failed on both (usually from letting them idle too long without pushing water through).  The Karchers have been bulletproof, and Honda is just Honda.

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Karcher pump, Honda motor.  I can't speak for other pumps, but the 2 karchers I've had have been amazing for longevity and durability.  The one I have no is all rusted to shit, but must have 300 hrs. on it, still starts first pull, and washes real strong.  Stay away from off brands like Excell (o?) or ones you never heard off.  I've gone through 2 shitty ones and the pumps failed on both (usually from letting them idle too long without pushing water through).  The Karchers have been bulletproof, and Honda is just Honda.

well that tells you something lol

that pump you are looking at looks ok but I have no idea on that brand of pump and what the life of it should be.

IMHO if you find something with a CAT pump you cant go wrong

I spent some years going through 1/2 ass washers ever year or 2

I have had the one I own now for 11 years and has never been to the shop it has a cat pump

Also especially with the cheaper pumps un hook hose and pull over to empty pump when done . and pull over and fill with rv antifreeze . It will keep parts from calcifying and trashing out pump .

I make the guys do it any time washer will not be used  in the next few weeks .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The Karcher I have has a hose reel with 100 foot of hose, makes any job real simple. Still works perfect after almost 20 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Winterman said:

Make sure it comes with a turbo tip and if it doesn’t, buy one for it. I can’t imagine not having one now. It makes the thing twice as effective and jobs go twice as fast. 

and spend the money for a good one . I had one go bad last yr so ran to the home depot they had some plastic thing for like 25 bucks and that was the only option so I got it  . what a pile of shit I then drove to northern tool and spent the 80 on a real one so I could finish the job 

Edited by Ez ryder

12 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I would suggest a Cat pump. I got a 5.5 HP Honda with a Cat pump washed countless houses and decks. It had no fancy frame just hard tires but was under 500.00

I have a rigid with a Cat pump , it's the only one that has lasted so far . :bc:

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I have a rigid with a Cat pump , it's the only one that has lasted so far . :bc:

mine is branded dewalt all just a paint job 5.5 Honda cat pump good hose and wand. has inflatable tires now filled with that green shit 

good place to look is Home depot in the spring tons of dicks buy a good unit use it return it say it is not working . it goes to a service center then they resell at the store for 1/2 off or more as reconditioned. you can look at it and see it was prob used for 2 days 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 12:58 AM, BOHICA said:

Karcher 3400psi, mines going on 6 yrs old and i use the fuck out of it, use it for the shop and the MX track

16 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Ended up going a little bigger.  More pressure and gpm then I originally was going to go with.   Ordered this on cfk’s amazon link up top so hopefully he gets some coin from it.

https://simpsoncleaning.com/products/ps3835/

Pretty sure that's the same one I saw at TSC 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

50 degrees the past few days....  fired up for the first time and washed the house and concrete.  Glad I went more psi and gpm then I originally planned.

50? Where are you? Was minus 21 here this morning, 5 above right now..

• Gold Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

50? Where are you? Was minus 21 here this morning, 5 above right now..

Idaho...  Boise...  Had the windows open during the past few days during the days on the house.  It’s awesome as the long range forecast keep us out of any snow and into the 40’s and 50’s.  

This place isn’t one of the top places in the country to live for no reason.  Used the snowblower once for the season and it will prolly be the last.   Temperant climate is a big bonus of this area.   If you want snow it’s not to far out of town and 90 minutes you are in McCall.