*****Official 2017/2018 Snowmobile Pics Thread*****

13 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

yeah we are in bad shape.  might be a few more weeks now.  I'll be up friday prob with the old lady.  

I guess you could just ride back and forth on that trail north of Kearney. :lol:

Screenshot_20180116-194036.png

Just now, DAVE said:

I guess you could just ride back and forth on that trail north of Kearney. :lol:

Screenshot_20180116-194036.png

i know a bunch of the local atv trails that ride on alot of non winter maintained roads/etc.  

• Like 1

Decided to hit it for a bit today and see what the base was like on the powerlines and see where I am with my shock adjusments.  Grabbed my helmet and sorels and took off.  Not bad...still rough base.  I got a bit too cute and ripped my fucking track pants right up my crack!  Damn it!  Oh well.  A few more pounds of atmosphere and a twist or two and my shocks should be close!

IMG_2752.jpg

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Decided to hit it for a bit today and see what the base was like on the powerlines and see where I am with my shock adjusments.  Grabbed my helmet and sorels and took off.  Not bad...still rough base.  I got a bit too cute and ripped my fucking track pants right up my crack!  Damn it!  Oh well.  A few more pounds of atmosphere and a twist or two and my shocks should be close!

IMG_2752.jpg

I frigging love riding PowerLine!!👊 and that looks like a very good time!

Is it the c-tec in that sled?? 600 hundy rip good don't it? 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I frigging love riding PowerLine!!👊 and that looks like a very good time!

Is it the c-tec in that sled?? 600 hundy rip good don't it? 

Yeah...this powerline is hazardous with low snow so kinda gotta go easy on some of it.  But still...I "sent it" a few times!  That's how I ripped my undies!!!  :lmao:Damn near hosed a fucking porpoise too (big buried boulder).

Yep...race clutching on this thing is pretty gnarly.  It's the Ctec2.  I had my 800 clutched for bear also.  I can tell this isn't my 800 when I pinch it from 40....but I don't miss the 800 at all.  This thing has really got some excellent back shift too.  I could never get that dialed in right on my 800.  Always problematic on the "whoops".

:bc:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:bc:

Got good snow up there?

Just barely ,,, but enough now for them to get grooming. We had a heavy wet snowfall in early november that pretty much destroyed the trail system in areas through the timber. Trees down everywhere.

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

Just barely ,,, but enough now for them to get grooming. We had a heavy wet snowfall in early november that pretty much destroyed the trail system in areas through the timber. Trees down everywhere.

Yeah, we got hosed bad with a wet snow fall the year before last.  Took til mid season to finally clear and get all the trails open.

We’re almost ready to pan down here.  Another 6” should get us in our way.  Hopefully this Sunday/Monday will bring us the white stuff.

28 minutes ago, HSR said:

Put the LaBatts down and pick up a power saw.:news:

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, we got hosed bad with a wet snow fall the year before last.  Took til mid season to finally clear and get all the trails open.

We’re almost ready to pan down here.  Another 6” should get us in our way.  Hopefully this Sunday/Monday will bring us the white stuff.

You're a slow rider and use bad smelling oil.  

26 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Put the LaBatts down and pick up a power saw.:news:

I was working when the work parties headed out and it was <-30*C/-22*F,,,,, thats too cold for this guy. Now they hired some contractors to finish up.

Cool pictures guys.  Glad to see folks out riding.

Iron Doggers were out practicing today.  My buddy Robbie on his Gen4 MXZX.  He ran into a little trouble today.  Ice bridge completely failed while he was crossing.  Was able to get stopped on a berg.  Floated down river about 200 yards and then skipped to shore.  The river is over 10' deep there and moving pretty good.  This is good practice for the Dog.

26734384_2354523654586260_71339092895586

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Cool pictures guys.  Glad to see folks out riding.

Iron Doggers were out practicing today.  My buddy Robbie on his Gen4 MXZX.  He ran into a little trouble today.  Ice bridge completely failed while he was crossing.  Was able to get stopped on a berg.  Floated down river about 200 yards and then skipped to shore.  The river is over 10' deep there and moving pretty good.  This is good practice for the Dog.

26734384_2354523654586260_71339092895586

Baaaahhhaaaaaaa, thats awesome. Or not.

• Like 1