*****Official 2017/2018 Snowmobile Pics Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I didn,t realize that. We need them way down here in Eastern Ontario.

Way to many Mohawk helmeted backpackers down this way that think they own the whole trail. LOL

Didn't you get the memo... they do own the trail. Stay out of their way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Didn't you get the memo... they do own the trail. Stay out of their way.

Hopefully they have all been out packing the trails this past week during the frigid temps.

I,ve been staying out of their way all week. Way to cold for an old guy like me. LOL

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hopefully they have all been out packing the trails this past week during the frigid temps.

I,ve been staying out of their way all week. Way to cold for an old guy like me. LOL

X2. I’m heading to Griffith on the 5th for my first ride.   You guys around?

Edited by Poncho

Hi Poncho,  our group is heading out locally for their first ride of the season tomorrow. Not sure what plans they have for the new year.

Since they don,t have cottages up that way any longer, they only head up that way occasionally to visit Steves neighbor John.

Happy New Year to you, and your doo buddy.  

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hi Poncho,  our group is heading out locally for their first ride of the season tomorrow. Not sure what plans they have for the new year.

Since they don,t have cottages up that way any longer, they only head up that way occasionally to visit Steves neighbor John.

Happy New Year to you, and your doo buddy.  

Cheers, say hi to the guys.  Perhaps catch up another time.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:45 PM, Frostynuts said:

Awesome pics. Love the divided trails. Would love to see those in Ontario.

Yes Divided trails are nice, not have to worry about the guy coming around the corner

As dave said my old club use to have a few divided trail sections bout 20minutes west of sudbury but I believe those got changed to 2 way trails in the past few years

The trails in the picture there are in a provincial park I believe

On 12/31/2017 at 10:29 PM, Woodtick said:

When the snow gets real deep,they do it up by big bay.

I'm not sure if the MIDNR still allows that practice.  They put the kabosh on that grooming for the South Boundry trail.  It is too bad.  Really liked having a little safety net from oncoming traffic.

29 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I'm not sure if the MIDNR still allows that practice.  They put the kabosh on that grooming for the South Boundry trail.  It is too bad.  Really liked having a little safety net from oncoming traffic.

You can really give her hell on the south Boundry trail. It's been a rough go getting up that way with the shitty grooming and heavy traffic. They have fresh blood running those clubs now and have only heard good thing about that area this year.:bc:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

You can really give her hell on the south Boundry trail. It's been a rough go getting up that way with the shitty grooming and heavy traffic. They have fresh blood running those clubs now and have only heard good thing about that area this year.:bc:

Most of the clubs seem to be doing pretty good with the snow they have this year with the exception of Bergland.  The Wakefield boys really stepped up their game this year.  Best work they have done in many years.  The Ke club is good as usual, and Watersmeet has made smooth trails out of rock piles.  Hard on sleds running the grade until they get more snow.  South Boundry was pretty good and has great snow cover.  Funny to see them grooming with a little Holland tractor.  But, they are getting the job done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, favoritos said:

Most of the clubs seem to be doing pretty good with the snow they have this year with the exception of Bergland.  The Wakefield boys really stepped up their game this year.  Best work they have done in many years.  The Ke club is good as usual, and Watersmeet has made smooth trails out of rock piles.  Hard on sleds running the grade until they get more snow.  South Boundry was pretty good and has great snow cover.  Funny to see them grooming with a little Holland tractor.  But, they are getting the job done.

The snow starts getting good about 5 miles north of M28. I'm not going to go back up until they get more snow. To many people in one small area.

Snowing like a mofo in Beulah today. Trails up that way are mint. Zero visibility though, headlights coming at you out of the cloud on tight trails. Good stuff.

F08F3841-8BF5-458F-BC3A-82C37BC5A514.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did you get any fresh stuff last night Ed....just a dusting here.

Same, just a dusting. They definitely have more snow to the north.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Same, just a dusting. They definitely have more snow to the north.

We already have quite a bit on the ground so not having to shovel my driveway this morning is a bonus.:thumbsup: