*****Official 2017/2018 Snowmobile Pics Thread*****

15 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Put a quick hundo on that brick of a seat this morning. :lol: I have no idea why a guy would give up on it without at least trying to break it in a bit. :dunno: 

Can tell you that with that seat and me moving the steering column forward it is the perfect seating position for me. Only thing that sucks is I had to take my high windshield off and put the medium back on. :bc:

A little under 200 miles.  About 12-14” no base, some scratchy some heavenly.  Good shakedown cruise on the new sled.  Sled worked perfect, no changes needed, still trying to dial in both helmets, need some new gloves too. 

80F967A7-012B-428F-BFD4-19B5E0A809E1.jpeg

A43C7527-CBD7-4150-BE40-37AC083915F8.jpeg

440FD1AA-7EFF-458B-BA01-5DF3C19D8B95.jpeg

37E49788-3D7D-4A0C-B53C-CE3BAE51F4EB.jpeg

1E15606E-A089-475B-AEA7-92C38E05C420.jpeg

• Like 3

That second to last pic, you can see Jeffs sled off to the right, apparently he came over that bridge a little hot, I'm guessing he might have been standing, cuz he got thrown and sled ended up in the willi wacks. :lol:  No damage no one hurt.' :bc: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

A little under 200 miles.  About 12-14” no base, some scratchy some heavenly.  Good shakedown cruise on the new sled.  Sled worked perfect, no changes needed, still trying to dial in both helmets, need some new gloves too. 

80F967A7-012B-428F-BFD4-19B5E0A809E1.jpeg

A43C7527-CBD7-4150-BE40-37AC083915F8.jpeg

440FD1AA-7EFF-458B-BA01-5DF3C19D8B95.jpeg

37E49788-3D7D-4A0C-B53C-CE3BAE51F4EB.jpeg

1E15606E-A089-475B-AEA7-92C38E05C420.jpeg

Need to get yourself some black reflective 3M tape and get rid of that amber reflector :bc:

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Whos new tow rig? :bc:

My friend Roy. His neighbor owns Pat Millikin Ford on telegraph and has him driving fords now lol. Love that grey color.👍

53 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My friend Roy. His neighbor owns Pat Millikin Ford on telegraph and has him driving fords now lol. Love that grey color.👍

My next one (2020) I'll order in Magnetic. Unless they come out with another color that I like better  :bc:

So we decided to load up and put in at the gravel pit (Normana) just North of Duluth, we took a quick walk up the trail and decided that, well, there's enough for cooling but it was gonna be a rough one. AND CORRECT. Many places it seemed had less than 2 inches and the trail was not very forgiving at all. Some really beat up sections from logging activities made for a nice pants shitting moment or two with some really deep ruts. We headed up toward Two Harbors, MN...not sure how close we got but certainly to the "enough is enough" mark. It was fun but not ideal. I decided to leave my shocks the way the team had them before ...just to see. Like skipping a rock across a parking lot!!  So, be dialing those down and I think a softer spring in the primary is gonna be needed too. Other than that...new sled is a freaking riot and I missed the 800 torque ZERO ( @f7ben is a faggot  :lmao: ) Of course, we were never in a spot to fully pin anything...unless we were suicidal. Ran across a sled dog team twice...second time was a tad scary but without incident. Just a reminder to be careful out there. Not another sled in sight or sound...and for good reason. The "clicks and bangs" were frequent...and got annoying. Meh...either way, mid-December riding is a WIN!!! And it was a good shake down run for my new-to-me sled. This thing is stoopid!!! Gonna be sore tomorrow as I am clearly learning now which mucles and joints were punished today. Definitely need more snow here.

adfs.jpg

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, s pump said:

The track looked good when it was upside down.

:lol:  

14 hours ago, DAVE said:

You fit 3 sleds in that trailer?

Nah, I wish.  We're too cheap to upgrade.  Maybe 3 shorties if we did some improvising.  

10 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Looks like beaner trailers are pretty fashionable now. I remember when they were to object of ridicule. :news:

I know :lol:  We were laughing at how they became to be known as "beaner trailers". :bc:   rrrghghshshhrrr.....feeling those Crown's this morn.  

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Glad you got out Zambronie.....I loved C.J.'s Taillights column in Supertrax...cool that they have a trail named for him.:thumbsup:

x2.  Always enjoyed his columns.  Sweet smooth ribbons of  "white top"

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Glad you got out Zambronie.....I loved C.J.'s Taillights column in Supertrax...cool that they have a trail named for him.:thumbsup:

Yeah..he's a bit of a sled legend up here.  The state trail that was named after him is one of the best trails in the US.  Some of the sections are my top favorites anywhere.

C.J. Ramstad/North Shore State Trail

The C.J. Ramstad/North Shore State Trail is a 146 mile natural surface trail from Duluth to Grand Marais. The trail runs through St. Louis, Lake and Cook counties in northeastern Minnesota, winding its way through the forests on the ridgeline overlooking Lake Superior. The trail provides access to some of the most rugged and beautiful scenery in Minnesota. In winter, the trail connects with hundreds of miles of snowmobile club trails and many communities in the area.

About C.J. Ramstad

Photo of C.J. Ramstad (1945-2007).Known as "Mr. Snowmobiling," C.J. Ramstad (1945-2007) was a passionate, highly respected journalist and photographer in the off-road community. For nearly 40 years he dedicated his life to the promotion, preservation and enjoyment of Minnesota snowmobiling and off-road riding. His tireless efforts ensured that trails, and the access they provided, were open for all to enjoy. Ramstad often declared the North Shore State Trail a "treasure," and a favorite among the many he traveled.

• Like 1

Something interesting (but not really).....but maybe the Doo guys can get all naked and rubby over this.  In this pic, look at the difference in smoke...my buddy (black racer) runs Amsoil Interceptor, I am running the etec oil from a bulk purchase years ago.  WOW!  We noticed it on the trail too.  His smoked and smelt like a race track.  Mine hardly smoked or smelled at all.  I'm switching to Amsoil.  :lol:

adfs.jpg

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Something interesting (but not really).....but maybe the Doo guys can get all naked and rubby over this.  In this pic, look at the difference in smoke...my buddy (black racer) runs Amsoil Interceptor, I am running the etec oil from a bulk purchase years ago.  WOW!  We noticed it on the trail too.  His smoked and smelt like a race track.  Mine hardly smoked or smelled at all.  I'm switching to Amsoil.  :lol:

adfs.jpg

Amsoil has the best advertising.....

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Lies, the aftermarket fiber rollers in the driven disintegrated.

You are getting more like Momo with your responses. :lol:

That clutch was glowing red it was so hot. No rollers would have stood a chance. You are better off with the 2 strokes. :bc: