*****Official 2017/2018 Snowmobile Pics Thread*****

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The video this morning is about 120 miles North of Wasilla and this one is about 70 miles east of Wasilla.  We still need about 5 more feet to make it good but thigs are finally starting to shape up around here.  Most of those alders are 5'-7' tall.  Takes at least 6' of snow to cover them with any consistency.  

Nice .  Damn...looking down over the hood at that narrow ski stance always looks funny to me.  Almost vintage sled stuff. But I'm not a deep pow guy.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nice .  Damn...looking down over the hood at that narrow ski stance always looks funny to me.  Almost vintage sled stuff. But I'm not a deep pow guy.

Hahaha.  Yea the new G4 is about 36" wide carbide to carbide.  A little wider than most vintages but not much.  All the new Mountan sleds seem to go really good.  However the Cats don't seem to like being ridden hard at all.  

Wheelieing.  They say the big snowflap on the M's are such a drag in the snow that the tunnels fold up like this.  I've seen 4 different ones from around here this week.

25353882_1878031278903836_37461093153851

This happened just pounding through the snow and hitting a couple of G-Outs hard.  Nothing but the small empty cat bag was on the tunnel when this happened.   This is the second tunnel in 2 weeks on this kids 2018 M8.

24993472_1794400360604958_14007413501288

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  Yea the new G4 is about 36" wide carbide to carbide.  A little wider than most vintages but not much.  All the new Mountan sleds seem to go really good.  However the Cats don't seem to like being ridden hard at all.  

Wheelieing.  They say the big snowflap on the M's are such a drag in the snow that the tunnels fold up like this.  I've seen 4 different ones from around here this week.

This happened just pounding through the snow and hitting a couple of G-Outs hard.  Nothing but the small empty cat bag was on the tunnel when this happened.   This is the second tunnel in 2 weeks on this kids 2018 M8.

Holy fuck.  That shit looks like it was bunny hopped....or rear ended!  (Been there...done that).  :lol:

Holy fuck.  That shit looks like it was bunny hopped....or rear ended!  (Been there...done that).  :lol:

The green sled was wheelied in the snow.  Never went over backwards.  Owner claims he never felt a thing.  

The black one folded downward pounding through a narrow creek crossing.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The skis on the one in the truck bed appear to be pushed back a foot? You sure it didn't cart wheel?:pc:How are you posting videos fromFB? I've never figured that out. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This may be a silly question (it is) but, I'm assuming there are no heat exchangers in the end of those tunnels on POW machines?

On Poo and Doo there are for sure.  Not sure about the Cats but I will go look real quick.  

Just now, Woodtick said:

The skis on the one in the truck bed appear to be pushed back a foot? You sure it didn't cart wheel?:pc:How are you posting videos fromFB? I've never figured that out. 

Claims it was just a wheelie.  I will post instructions in just a second.

Only some videos will post on this forum.  

From Facebook

First you double click on the video and open it in its own window.

Next you right click on the video to show the video URL.  

Next you copy the url

Next you paste the url in the normal text box in you reply.  Just like you would any other URL.

If the URL will post on freedom sledder the FS program will automatically format the video and it will embed in your post before you submit.

If the video won't embed it will just show up as a text/character line and won't automatically turn into a video before you submit the post.

Hope this helps.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

These "claims" are always funny to me......pretty much regardless of brand.  Not sure that the tunnels are any weaker or stronger on any of the other brands.  We have more bulkhead arguments in flat-land than tunnel folds.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This may be a silly question (it is) but, I'm assuming there are no heat exchangers in the end of those tunnels on POW machines?

It appears from the parts diagram that the tunnel exchangers stop right about where the rear torque arm mount to the tunnel.  

These "claims" are always funny to me......pretty much regardless of brand.  Not sure that the tunnels are any weaker or stronger on any of the other brands.  We have more bulkhead arguments in flat-land than tunnel folds.

Out here most guys have long tracks...riding in the flats....mostly cats bending tunnels and doos and poos bending rails.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That under the snow hdden obstacle shit just has zero appeal to me.  The last one I encountered I was lucky to walk away from.  Fuck that shit.  I'll stick to pounding diamonds and moguls.

Leave your vagina at the entrance to this thread.....and dont come back... :news:

Just now, Zambroski said:

That under the snow hdden obstacle shit just has zero appeal to me.  The last one I encountered I was lucky to walk away from.  Fuck that shit.  I'll stick to pounding diamonds and moguls.

That's the main reason I wait till there is 5-6' of snow everywhere before I even pull my sleds out of the shop.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

That's the main reason I wait till there is 5-6' of snow everywhere before I even pull my sleds out of the shop.  

Yep.  I used to be an "I can't fucking wait any longer" early season rider too.  The shops are full of bent metal in the beginning of every season.  And the hospitals get the "bent" bones.

Not any more.  Let's get a reasonably safe base going first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

We are starting to get some decent snow in the trees.

I had movement. :bc:  Looking like a Thursday departure for a shake down cruise.

1 hour ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Picked it up saturday. And its been snowing since 

IMG_20171211_162357_347.jpg

That looks badass dude. :bc:  My SBA is all black, including the running boards, but tunnel and rails are unpainted.  I like yours alot better  

22 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Snowmobiles are all great until they hit something hard.  I always take claims like that with a grain of salt.  And I've bent a couple tunnels, including my Apex.  Ended up getting a new one under warranty.  A year later the same area I bent was completely re braced.

10 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Leave your vagina at the entrance to this thread.....and dont come back... :news:

Stfu Lumpy.  You ride a trail sled. :news: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I had movement. :bc:  Looking like a Thursday departure for a shake down cruise.

That looks badass dude. :bc:  My SBA is all black, including the running boards, but tunnel and rails are unpainted.  I like yours alot better  

Snowmobiles are all great until they hit something hard.  I always take claims like that with a grain of salt.  And I've bent a couple tunnels, including my Apex.  Ended up getting a new one under warranty.  A year later the same area I bent was completely re braced.

Stfu Lumpy.  You ride a trail sled. :news: 

Youre an old man...whats your point?