Whoa fucking whoa!!!

Anler

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

xrs g4 is going to be slower than an 850 x sled.  

Reports saying the back country is whooping the xrs from top to bottom. Rolling start, dead stop, even giving the xrs a 5 sled lead... It smokes it. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

OK so hold on a second.  The Doo in the video has the optional 1.6 Ice cobra?  Wow.  I would have expected a better result.  I bet a little clutching would wake that Doo up.  

Apparently the xrs isn't very impressive as far as acceleration compared to other models. Lots of xrs buyers pissed off.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

that is an XRS,  silver tunnel BCX tunnel would be blue or black.  

bcx's have been a fair bit quicker than the XRS and would be an apples to apples run with the SBA assuming same track

HSR posted a correction a page or two back. He also posted a video of Jamie's Assault 800 crushing his (Jamie's) BCX 850 three out of four times.

Here's the Assault 800 vs. BCX 850 video again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=u4Ubz41hpPw

Edited by CaddisFly

1 minute ago, CaddisFly said:

HSR posted a correction a page or two back. He also posted a video of Jamie's Assault 800 crushing his (Jamie's) BCX 850 three out of four times.  Here's the Assault vs. BCX video again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=u4Ubz41hpPw

The Assault, with shorter lugs, walks the Doo from start to finish.  On the big end the Assault is really pulling away as expected.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Assault, with shorter lugs, walks the Doo from start to finish.  On the big end the Assault is really pulling away as expected.  

I would have expected the bigger lugs on the Doo to give it an advantage on lower end in the type of snow in the video, but you are right -- the Assault took it from bottom to top. The Assault comes out of the hole hard. (My son has a '17 SBA.)

1 minute ago, CaddisFly said:

I would have expected the bigger lugs on the Doo to give it an advantage on lower end in the type of snow in the video, but you are right -- the Assault took it from bottom to top. The Assault comes out of the hole hard. (My son has a '17 SBA.)

The Poo's have always been clutched fairly well.  There is room for improvement but they do pretty good stock.  

31 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Apparently the xrs isn't very impressive as far as acceleration compared to other models. Lots of xrs buyers pissed off.

I suppose if a sledder was really concerned with straight line speed, they would just drop their 15k on a Sidewinder. :dunno:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Reports saying the back country is whooping the xrs from top to bottom. Rolling start, dead stop, even giving the xrs a 5 sled lead... It smokes it. 

Is there dramatic music and the sounds of typewriters playing in the background  ???   :bc:

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The sleds in the video aren't meant for straight line speed.  

Exactly, but Analer said that XRS owners are pissed about lack of acceleration. I wasn't making reference to the video, just Analer's comment.

Just now, snoughnut said:

Exactly, but Analer said that XRS owners are pissed about lack of acceleration. I wasn't making reference to the video, just Analer's comment.

Well when they line up with a competitor and they have the biggest most advanced motor and they are getting their butts handed to them I can see why they might be upset.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How quick a sled comes out of the hole and through the mid range is definitely important.  :bc: 

I was talking about top end....wgaf really....hell my old 4tec pulls like crazy to about 85.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I was talking about top end....wgaf really....hell my old 4tec pulls like crazy to about 85.

:bc:  Just getting out and riding is a win in my book.  We have some snow a little north of here but I have been hooked up with family stuff and haven't gone yet.  I would like a few more feet to cover the alders and stuff.  A couple more feet here in town would be nice too, Hahaha

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A little clutching will fix it right up.  

I know but it's their top model and it's getting smoked by everything else. People are pissed!!! They could have dialed in the calibration a little better.

48 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

It' a big bump sled wtf did the expect?

Better clutching calibration from the factory? It looks like they nailed it on the back country. The xrs is the top of the line, deserves a little more effort than it got. 

26 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I suppose if a sledder was really concerned with straight line speed, they would just drop their 15k on a Sidewinder. :dunno:

I know that's not what the xrs is for but still. And I agree, drag racing is for faggots.