JAPAN ATTACKS!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet fuck.  One of their tugs collided with one of our destroyers.  A FUCKING DESTROYER!

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS OUR NAVY ABOUT ANYMORE!!!!!!   Unreal.  Just fucking unreal.  Nobody on this planet can be even a bit nervous about one of our rigs riding along their shore...apparently, any boat can get close enough to take it out.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/18/navy-destroyer-collides-tugboat-japan.html

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sweet fuck.  One of their tugs collided with one of our destroyers.  A FUCKING DESTROYER!

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS OUR NAVY ABOUT ANYMORE!!!!!!   Unreal.  Just fucking unreal.  Nobody on this planet can be even a bit nervous about one of our rigs riding along their shore...apparently, any boat can get close enough to take it out.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/18/navy-destroyer-collides-tugboat-japan.html

The tug lost power and drifted into the war ship. No damage or very little. You need a hug Zam? This type of post isn't like you. The return of Buttrider must have you out of sorts? Take a few deep breaths and go smash his face in. I can send you a gas card to cover the trip to Greenbay. Will 200 large cover the fuel and some roller food?:lol::friends:

Hey fuck faces.  You don’t think I read the shit?  Follow along with some hyperbole.

Bottom line...another idiotic incident by an Obama era trained Navy.  How the fuck are boats colliding with our war ships?  Training of any level makes no difference.  Our Naval leadership is a god damn joke from the head down.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey fuck faces.  You don’t think I read the shit?  Follow along with some hyperbole.

Bottom line...another idiotic incident by an Obama era trained Navy.  How the fuck are boats colliding with our war ships?  Training of any level makes no difference.  Our Naval leadership is a god damn joke from the head down.

Dude the tug lost power, not the navy's fault. Assuming the tug was doing ship assist then it would be in very close proximity to the destroyer, much to close for the destroyer to manuver once the tug lost power.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Dude the tug lost power, not the navy's fault. Assuming the tug was doing ship assist then it would be in very close proximity to the destroyer, much to close for the destroyer to manuver once the tug lost power.

So our 1.5 billion dollar destroyers are out doing training maneuvers with vessels ill-equiped to maintain propulsion and control.  :lol:What kind of mechanical QC was done during the pre-ops?  Holy fuck.

"Hey ya'll....wannu do some tow training with us?  Well, then....let's get'R Dun!!!  Somebody hold my Michelob Ultra while I back dis sucka into position."

:lol:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So our 1.5 billion dollar destroyers are out doing training maneuvers with vessels ill-equiped to maintain propulsion and control.  :lol:What kind of mechanical QC was done during the pre-ops?  Holy fuck.

"Hey ya'll....wannu do some tow training with us?  Well, then....let's get'R Dun!!!  Somebody hold my Michelob Ultra while I back dis sucka into position."

It was a towing exercise, you idiot. By definition the tug needs to be very close to the destroyer. This is going to come down to a maintenance issue with the towing vessel, not a navigational error by either crew.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

It was a towing exercise, you idiot. By definition the tug needs to be very close to the destroyer. This is going to come down to a maintenance issue with the towing vessel, not a navigational error by either crew.

Isn't that what i just said?  Yes...it is.  SO why are our war ships out operating with poorly maintained vessels?  Tell you what...let's see what our DoD thinks about this.  And I'd be willing to bet we are going to change how this shit is done in the future.  Enough with this lax efforts from our military.

• Gold Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Isn't that what i just said?  Yes...it is.  SO why are our war ships out operating with poorly maintained vessels?  Tell you what...let's see what our DoD thinks about this.  And I'd be willing to bet we are going to change how this shit is done in the future.  Enough with this lax efforts from our military.

We dont know if the towing vessel was poorly maintained yet. It may well be the case. The navy has to practice these drills, as much for the towing vessels of foreign ports as for the navy crews. 

Just now, Kivalo said:

We dont know if the towing vessel was poorly maintained yet. It may well be the case. The navy has to practice these drills, as much for the towing vessels of foreign ports as for the navy crews. 

Yeah..."we don't know yet."  It's either mechanical or operator error...with one of our 1.5 billion dollar destroyers.  On the side of our Navy looking like the bumper boat players in the world.

Meh....no big deal.  

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah..."we don't know yet."  It's either mechanical or operator error...with one of our 1.5 billion dollar destroyers.  On the side of our Navy looking like the bumper boat players in the world.

Meh....no big deal.  

The tug lost propulsion, or so thats the story at this point. Operator error is unlikely although not out of the question. The tug crew will almost certainly be blamed for this tho, as I said the destroyer will have limited collision avoidance abilities in a drill like this. I'll be surprised if the Navy crew is at fault.

Just now, Kivalo said:

The tug lost propulsion, or so thats the story at this point. Operator error is unlikely although not out of the question. The tug crew will almost certainly be blamed for this tho, as I said the destroyer will have limited collision avoidance abilities in a drill like this. I'll be surprised if the Navy crew is at fault.

It's just plain poor pre-op inspections.  Either with an inexperienced tug crew...or a boat that wasn't ready mechanically sound enough for this op.  I guarantee the Navy is going to come out with a mandate or 12 on this....and it'd be my guess...it's gonna be a mandate to make sure they go back to original mandates...and it will be backed by some additional training.

If this happened out of the blue with our Navy not being fuck-headed out there for the last year, I'd shrug.  But this is another idiotic episode that warrants that "blind eyes" be poked out and replaced with sight...over-sight.

24 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Glad it wasn,t loaded with suicide bombers. Good old USA, still thinks it,s the best and the baddest, but continually keeps getting embarrassed, by its own retreads at the helm.

Yup.  ‘Murica!

24 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Sometimes you just gotta hook chains and tug. You just don’t understand that tug lyfe zam. Only bitches do inspections. 

Yeah.  Imagine being a jar head getting a lift on one of those bumper boats.  And you think sitting on a plane with your gear strapped to you so tightly that voiding in your drawers is easier than doing it “regular” was uncomfortable.  Holy fuck!  I’ll bet those jar heads sit up on the top deck with their gear ready to abandon ship at a moments notice.  They’re probably the only ones watching for obstacles!

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

What the hell.... :lol:

Neal