Winter beater, anyone?

irv

The ad basically says it all. It will need tires, I believe, for certification. E tested in March, uses a bit of oil, has since new, a/c currently doesn't work, most likely just a seal. 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oshawa-durham-region/2002-oldsmobile-intrigue-gl-sedan/1314045066

Hey Irv, looks like a great deal for someone. Lots of life left in that car.

Knowing how anal you are about your stuff, I,m sure it would be a great winter beater for someone.

Is that rust or a leaf near the fuel door in one of your pictures ?

45 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Irv, looks like a great deal for someone. Lots of life left in that car.

Knowing how anal you are about your stuff, I,m sure it would be a great winter beater for someone.

Is that rust or a leaf near the fuel door in one of your pictures ?

Thanks Frosty. :bc:

Despite it being undercoated, rustproofed, every couple/few yrs, that indeed is a rust spot. It is common on these cars in that area due to a piece of foam or the like placed in there during the build. 

The car is decent but does need some work like new tires likely, and a few other things. I debated what to do. Keep it and sink some money into it or get a new one? We chose the new (to us) route as like anything, we just wanted something a little newer, and a little more modern. It's been a great car so far and was basically just a grocery getter for 7 yrs as my wife stayed home to raise our son until that age. 

I have been watching Kijiji and it's surprising the cars that are going for relatively cheap money. I had this one at $1500 2 weeks ago but with zero e-mails and phone calls I just reduced yesterday as I want it gone. Any reasonable offer won't be refused. 

I ripped a driveshaft clear out of a rental Intrigue performing a "Rockford" in a parking lot in Montreal.  Threw the shaft under the car, and called Avis. 

The best was when they sent me a voucher to compensate me for my "troubles".  Good times.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I ripped a driveshaft clear out of a rental Intrigue performing a "Rockford" in a parking lot in Montreal.  Threw the shaft under the car, and called Avis. 

The best was when they sent me a voucher to compensate me for my "troubles".  Good times.....

You can relive your youth right now for $500 Puzzleboy. Just shoot me a PM, and let the memories begin. :3gears:

Lol, it might be worth it.  My buddy came over when the car came to a stop, doubled over and laughing.  I said "Chris, the car won't go forward!"  He goes, "I guess not, the driveshaft is 100 feet behind you." 

Seemed like a decent car otherwise though.  Seemed like the Buick version of the Grand Prix at the time. 

I'll see if I know of anyone looking for something like that, and good luck on the sale.