Lipper Awards

ArcticCrusher

7 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

He's the only non douche , 

i better call him   Tell him his good bud Red is here . 

Hi Chris , how's the Burlington nightclub district doing ? 

Well he might want to bring up the bomber, you know the dead cat bounce from our resident junior financial acheliever when it was like 80 cents.  Talk about missing the mark.lol.

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you have an issue Pete?

Not particularly.  I just think that swinging your dick around and bragging about how much money you make is in extremely poor taste and bad karma to boot. Especially when it doesn't really count for shit in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2

On 2017-11-14 at 11:29 PM, StevieWonder said:

He's the only non douche , 

i better call him   Tell him his good bud Red is here . 

Hi Chris , how's the Burlington nightclub district doing ? 

I’m good Stevie. But more time spent in arenas then the entertainment district. Sitting in one as I type. :lol: 

I saw the Puzzler calling out to me numerous times before I rejoined here. I kinda felt sad for him. 

On 2017-11-14 at 11:41 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Well he might want to bring up the bomber, you know the dead cat bounce from our resident junior financial acheliever when it was like 80 cents.  Talk about missing the mark.lol.

Awe yes - the Bomber. The company that was so strong that it needed a bailout from the government of a billion $ because it couldn’t afford to actually produce the C series. Then has to GIVE AWAY 50% of the C series to Airbus to make the project viable.  :nuts: 

Edited by The Rocket

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

Not particularly.  I just think that swinging your dick around and bragging about how much money you make is in extremely poor taste and bad karma to boot. Especially when it doesn't really count for shit in the grand scheme of things. 

You might want to sit this one out Pete.  Oh and it does count, the difference between your investments working for you or you working for it is a big fucking deal.

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

I’m good Stevie. But more time spent in arenas then the entertainment district. Sitting in one as I type. :lol: 

I saw the Puzzler calling out to me numerous times before I rejoined here. I kinda felt sad for him. 

Awe yes - the Bomber. The company that was so strong that it needed a bailout from the government of a billion $ because it’s balance sheet was so shitty it couldn’t afford to actually produce the C series. Then has to GIVE AWAY 50% of the C series to Airbus to make the project viable. Such an awesome company. :nuts: 

The markets are never wrong, you were big time.  Not that I am surprised.  The best advise I could give anyone is to do a complete 180 from you.:bc:

• Like 1

On 2017-11-15 at 7:57 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

The markets are never wrong, you were big time.  Not that I am surprised.  The best advise I could give anyone is to do a complete 180 from you.:bc:

More gold from you. “The markets are never wrong”. :lol: 

The markets are by their nature inefficient and often wrong. If it wasn’t bubbles and busts wouldn’t happen. Inefficient markets create opportunities  

Anyway you look at the Bomber it’s a company with negative cash flow. Without a $1 billion government bailout and then giving away 50% of its most value asset for FREE it couldn’t afford to produce it’s new plane. If that fits the criteria of your investing philosophy then fill your boots. But thinking it’s a buy because it went up isn’t Warren Buffetesque. 

Edited by The Rocket

14 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I average 10 % , can you beat inflation.  That is the only math I care about.

What is the risk level you are running? I'm looking at a mix of low and medium and as of this morning overall since April I'm at 8.9% growth. For 7 months I figure the investment mix is performing pretty good. I keep telling the bank to go away when they want me to invest in GIC's - 1 year @ 2.3% but for a large amount they say they can likely get me another 1/2 point.

14 hours ago, The Rocket said:

You’d need to sign up but I doubt you’d make the minimum account requirements. :lol: 

Perhaps having minimum account requirements could be short sighted. I know a few people who have gone to an advisor and given them a small amount that they figure they can afford to risk saying, "Let's see what you can do with this." If the person does a good job then they transfer a much larger sum over. One example was someone who transferred $10K to see how that would do for 9 months. The subsequent transfer was in excess of $1M.

On 2017-11-15 at 12:04 PM, 02sled said:

Perhaps having minimum account requirements could be short sighted. I know a few people who have gone to an advisor and given them a small amount that they figure they can afford to risk saying, "Let's see what you can do with this." If the person does a good job then they transfer a much larger sum over. One example was someone who transferred $10K to see how that would do for 9 months. The subsequent transfer was in excess of $1M.

Certainly there is that risk. A rookie is more likely to take an account that has the hope to turn into something. 

Edited by The Rocket

6 hours ago, The Rocket said:

More gold from you. “The markets are never wrong”. :lol: 

The markets are by their nature inefficient and often wrong. If it wasn’t bubbles and busts wouldn’t happen. Inefficient markets create opportunities  

Anyway you look at the Bomber it’s a company with a shitty balance sheet and negative cash flow. Without a $1 billion government bailout and then giving away 50% of its most value asset for FREE it couldn’t afford to produce it’s new plane. If that fits the criteria of your investing philosophy then fill your boots. But thinking it’s a buy because it went up isn’t Warren Buffetesque. 

Every one except apparently you knew the bomber was going to be bailed.:lol:I thought it was funny cause you missed the boat on it, but not surprising.

Enough with stocks as I let the best managers do that for me. 

As for solid gold.

How this, "you are taking way to much risk in the markets, mutual fund fees are to high, everyone is basically invested the same, I don't care what the market is doing":lol:

Sound familiar?

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

What is the risk level you are running? I'm looking at a mix of low and medium and as of this morning overall since April I'm at 8.9% growth. For 7 months I figure the investment mix is performing pretty good. I keep telling the bank to go away when they want me to invest in GIC's - 1 year @ 2.3% but for a large amount they say they can likely get me another 1/2 point.

That is pretty good.

I am mainly into equities with a larger weighting in Global,  but do hold some balanced.  Not a fan of Canada, but do hold larger positions Mawer and Edgepoint.  I like the Can Focused ones better, ie Fidelity Can Growth and Special Sit.  If you are not exposed to some risk, you will never make money and your plan should take you to 90 so you still have a long long way.  Take a look at Mawer balanced if you want lower risk and decent returns, its MER is less than 1% and consistently delivers about 8%.

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is pretty good.

I am mainly into equities with a larger weighting in Global,  but do hold some balanced.  Not a fan of Canada, but do hold larger positions Mawer and Edgepoint.  I like the Can Focused ones better, ie Fidelity Can Growth and Special Sit.  If you are not exposed to some risk, you will never make money and your plan should take you to 90 so you still have a long long way.  Take a look at Mawer balanced if you want lower risk and decent returns, its MER is less than 1% and consistently delivers about 8%.

The agreement we just signed is at .079%

41 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I suspect you moved the decimal place one to many to the left. :dunno: 

Mix of funds and ETFs? 

Your right... breaking in fingers for a friend is my excuse. 0.79% Misplaced decimal typo

From 80 cents to $3.10.  If Chris had only listened to us, and advised his 3 clients to buy BBD.b...... they would have nearly quadrupled their money.

And in recognition and praise of his foresight, Red would finally get cubicle walls taller than himself (at least the 3 footers). 

But seriously, what kind of "investment guy" thinks any company getting a cash injection, or partnering with a larger player, is a bad thing for shareholders/stock price?  I doubt they let him alone with the paper coin wrappers in that bank....