200lb gas springs/shocks/struts needed

Puzzleboy

Anybody know where to find HD gas supports locally?  I need a couple for a Tomco fibreglass trailer.  Lid weighs about 150 lbs at the aft end, and everything I've read says you need 200lb lifts, especially when they're mounted further forward, snow load, etc.   Have seen some Triton kits on Ebay, and some strut pairs that seem to have the same specs.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triton-08158-Snowmobile-Trailer-Coverall-Gas-Shock-1025N-Gas-Spring-Pair/201961526069?hash=item2f05d85335:g:xKgAAOSw4CFY7mAy&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Pair-28-Gas-Spring-Shock-cargo-Strut-RV-bed-Lift-prop-200-LB/253123094793?hash=item3aef4fe909:g:zwQAAOSw1DtXF36h&vxp=mtr

Thanks!!

Edited by Puzzleboy

58 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Came down on my shoulder last weekend and I have 6 inch by 6 inch yellow, black, blue and red broken blood vessels on my arm from the bastard.

I had a clam and never again. When it was new I didn't know there was a flip down brace on one side to stop it from coming down unexpectedly. Rode the sled up on the trailer, crossed the pivot point and the bed tilted back down. When it thud level that jolted the clam down closed  with me sitting on the sled in the dark. No lights unless the engine kept running which isn't good in a closed space. There wasn't room to get the fingers under the edge at the back and lift. The roof was too high to get any lift and get it past the point where the shocks would lift it. Good thing my friends who were roaring laughing came to let me out.

Arrive at the lake to find 2 ft. of snow on the clam. Get the ladder out and clean most of it off except for about 2 to 3 inches of frozen snow which doesn't want to come off. Manage to lift the very heavy clam and go to the front to pull the tilt pin. Suddenly the frozen snow lets loose and comes sliding down on my back and down my collar.

Ask me if I miss having a clam shell.

As for your incident... OUCH! Tell your friends if they ask... you should see the other guy.

26 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Make sure your vehicle purchase can tow it! :)

That wont be an issue........................ I saw someone on the QEW with a 272 last Friday. I'm sure they were hightailing it for storage.

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

8.5 x 11 is all I need.  Don't know where I would keep a 20'.

I have three sleds now.

11 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Cerka doesn't carry them. 

Reinharts

Interesting.  I brought mine down the QEW on THURSDAY, hightailing it for storage.....     Was putting it indoors, just as the snow started. 

Even with all the extra soggy weight in the stringers, no problems.  :)

5 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

............... I saw someone on the QEW with a 272 last Friday. I'm sure they were hightailing it for storage.

15 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Interesting.  I brought mine down the QEW on THURSDAY, hightailing it for storage.....     Was putting it indoors, just as the snow started. 

Even with all the extra soggy weight in the stringers, no problems.  :)

Maybe it was Thursday. This was around the ford drive area on the QEW near Oakville.

• 2 months later...