Huge win for f7ben and family

f7ben

I've mentioned my little brother here from time to time. He's had his share of issues over the last 5 years or so. Breaking up with a cheating fiance and being devastated by that. Got a DUI 2 weeks after he caught her fucking someone on his couch. Not getting any traction career wise after getting out of college at 26. Having the whole custody issue of his kid to deal with. etc etc

About 16 months ago he thought he had a job lined up doing directional boring through the laborers union and he quit his deadend job that he was working at the time. The new job fell through and he was back with my parents at 29 years old. Unemployed and with zero prospects. My dad was going broke paying his bills and housing him etc etc etc. But my dad would never say no and would put himself out of house and home for his kids if thats what it took.

I stepped in and told my dad I'd handle it. I was better set up to help out and I felt what the kid needed was a serious dose of reality and some tough love. I conned my brother into moving down here with me. After a months worth of interviewing he got offered an entry level job with my current employer at another division. 

The job didnt pay all that well to start but the benefits were good and it was somewhere with some upside........ Now to the good part

After 11 months of him and I butting heads , physically a couple times ......countless arguments , borrowing him money and giving him room and board for no charge etc etc etc it all paid off. A couple nights ago after him only being employed there 11 months they offered him a production supervisor position and he accepted.

He worked hard for it and deserves a lot of credit ....sometimes all someone like him and countless others needs is to have reality beaten into their heads a few times and be given a chance.

He's got it made now and all my effort with him over the last 5 years has finally paid off. This is a huge deal for me and obviously for him.

Nobody knows about this yet so for anyone of you fags that know me or have fagbook ties to anyone I know or anything please dont mention it anywhere. I doubt that would have happened but you never know.

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 8

Good on you for stepping up and doing the hard thing. Family issues can be very stressful and I hope your brother keeps his nose to the wheel and does you proud.

And you must have a saint of a wife to go through that. I can only imagine the stress it brought into your home.  :bc:

Just now, JEFF said:

Good on you for stepping up and doing the hard thing. Family issues can be very stressful and I hope your brother keeps his nose to the wheel and does you proud.

And you must have a saint of a wife to go through that. I can only imagine the stress it brought into your home.  :bc:

My wife is a great woman ....it has put some strain on us but as I just explained to her the other night.....having another person to help with things in the future financially regarding my family is worth its weight it gold. He went from being someone that I may have had to consider providing some form of financial support for at various times to someone I will be able to count on to share burdens when they arise with my parents or with our family properties or whatever the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Nice! You're a good brother!

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Good job man!

Neal

Just now, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

good news and you're a good egg, (somewhat scrambled, but good none the less)

I assure you all my motivations were largely selfish :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've mentioned my little brother here from time to time. He's had his share of issues over the last 5 years or so. Breaking up with a cheating fiance and being devastated by that. Got a DUI 2 weeks after he caught her fucking someone on his couch. Not getting any traction career wise after getting out of college at 26. Having the whole custody issue of his kid to deal with. etc etc

About 16 months ago he thought he had a job lined up doing directional boring through the laborers union and he quit his deadend job that he was working at the time. The new job fell through and he was back with my parents at 29 years old. Unemployed and with zero prospects. My dad was going broke paying his bills and housing him etc etc etc. But my dad would never say no and would put himself out of house and home for his kids if thats what it took.

I stepped in and told my dad I'd handle it. I was better set up to help out and I felt what the kid needed was a serious dose of reality and some tough love. I conned my brother into moving down here with me. After a months worth of interviewing he got offered an entry level job with my current employer at another division. 

The job didnt pay all that well to start but the benefits were good and it was somewhere with some upside........ Now to the good part

After 11 months of him and I butting heads , physically a couple times ......countless arguments , borrowing him money and giving him room and board for no charge etc etc etc it all paid off. A couple nights ago after him only being employed there 11 months they offered him a production supervisor position and he accepted.

He worked hard for it and deserves a lot of credit ....sometimes all someone like him and countless others needs is to have reality beaten into their heads a few times and be given a chance.

He's got it made now and all my effort with him over the last 5 years has finally paid off. This is a huge deal for me and obviously for him.

Nobody knows about this yet so for anyone of you fags that know me or have fagbook ties to anyone I know or anything please dont mention it anywhere. I doubt that would have happened but you never know.

You oughta' see the checks I send to some family members, you would not believe it. I'll send them a lot fuckin' more if I have to, for as long as I can. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

You oughta' see the checks I send to some family members, you would not believe it. I'll send them a lot fuckin' more if I have to, for as long as I can. :thumbsup:

Absolutely ...I could see though that being with my Dad was insulating my brother from reality. My parents are enablers ....they dont try to be but that is what they are.

Sometimes people need some tough love and to be told how things are and how their actions are being viewed by others. Eventually it clicks

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My stress level went down 1000x when he told me the news....

now we know why you've been on a fake killing authority figures spree :lol:

good for your bro :bc: 

Just now, Kev144 said:

now we know why you've been on a fake killing authority figures spree :lol:

good for your bro :bc: 

I'm not sure how many times that little fucker has had me flaming mad in the last year but its quite a few.....I am sure that has manifested itself here in some way or another :lol: 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nice job Ben.  Sometimes all a guy needs is a little tough love to get them pointed in the right direction.  Glad it worked out for your brother.  Celebrate with a couple of Coors Lites tonight.  

isn't that just any day of the week? 

24 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nice job Ben.  Sometimes all a guy needs is a little tough love to get them pointed in the right direction.  Glad it worked out for your brother.  Celebrate with a couple of Coors Lites tonight.  

Having number 2 now !!!!!1 Thank you!!!

I have to work in the morning at 9am so not too much for coors lights tonight. We had a millwright that had been there for 22 years or some shit get popped last week. He lost his job over getting busted on a random and having a few too many drinks the night before. Fuck that shit

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Glad it worked out for you.

Tried to do it for my nephew and my with the sister-in-law.

All we got was a kick in the face. Some people just can't be helped.

You're right and with some of the shit that came out of this kids mouth in the last year I thought that may be the case.....but it worked out. You have to try though 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Good work Ben and solid analysis. :bc:

Jake :bc:

Good story ben. I've had a similar road with my 2 nephews and my niece so I know how frustrating and taxing that stuff can be. I'm glad everything is looking up for him and I am happy for you guys. Thanks Trump! :bc:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You're a good man , Ben . Congrats to you and your brother , this is a great story .  My brother has dragged my dumb ass out of the gutter , smacked me around and gotten me more than a few good jobs back in the day and I am forever grateful to him for that .  Even if your bro doesn't show that and or fucks up again , he is grateful to you too , trust me .  Again , good goin , my man .  :bc: