Who Wins and Who Loses from the Republican Tax Plan

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You laughed at my response. So explain how this tax bill won’t add trillions to the national debt. 

Go on......

GROWTH.  

BTW I do not support this bill.  :lol:  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

no doubt,  any plan that lowers tax rates is going to drive the deficit.  This is not the time we should be even considering that we should simplify tax code and deductions and make a revenue neutral (using real number comparisons from the past not some fake projections of how we hope the economy will grow) bracketing.  Then cut spending and work on paying down the debt.  

Tax reform should be looked at with a long term plan that includes deficit reduction, with a huge tax cut that occurs in the future when the savings from the interest the Treasury is paying for the debt is realized.

The truth of the matter is the financial lobby does not want to see a deficit reduction, the US taxpayer is the gift that keeps giving to the financiers, and we know who the financiers are supporting.

What happened to the narrative that lowering taxes on ‘job creators’ :lol: increases revenues through increased economic activity....:snack: And what happened to the importance of the sequester....... :lmao:   

EFB66D4D-04AF-42AA-8F18-8D5D7373763E.jpeg

90DA4B89-4D2F-4F7A-AA06-4977D6C6693C.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Tax reform should be looked at with a long term plan that includes deficit reduction, with a huge tax cut that occurs in the future when the savings from the interest the Treasury is paying for the debt is realized.

The truth of the matter is the financial lobby does not want to see a deficit reduction, the US taxpayer is the gift that keeps giving to the financiers, and we know who the financiers are supporting.

The banks?   Yes they heavily support the dems.  :lol:  

https://www.salon.com/2016/05/09/hillary_clinton_is_wall_streets_preferred_candidate_financial_execs_pouring_millions_into_her_campaign_to_defeat_trum/

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Obama doubles the debt in his 8 years and now all the lefties in here are all budget hawks. 

well considering the deficit he inherited I'd say he did ok. Bush really fucked us bad 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Obama doubles the debt in his 8 years and now all the lefties in here are all budget hawks. 

Stimulus was necessary given the hemorrhaging of jobs and implosion of financial institutions that was the Great Recession.  Now that Big D has the economy booming, a move towards austerity seems more prudent, my best buddy.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

well considering the deficit he inherited I'd say he did ok. Bush really fucked us bad 

I am not usually tough on the job Obama did as president minus his corruption but I think a case could be made that his 1.2 trillion money burning exercise probably slowed down the recovery. Plus we got new terms like "Jobs saved" rather than "Job growth". 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am not usually tough on the job Obama did as president minus his corruption but I think a case could be made that his 1.2 trillion money burning exercise probably slowed down the recovery. Plus we got new terms like "Jobs saved" rather than "Job growth". 

agree totally

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Stimulus was necessary given the hemorrhaging of jobs and implosion of financial institutions that was the Great Recession.  Now that Big D has the economy booming, a move towards austerity seems more prudent, my best buddy.

I suppose if enough people say it enough times it must be true.  Like Hillary Clinton will win in a landslide.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I suppose if enough people say it enough times it must be true.  Like Hillary Clinton will win in a landslide.

A close look at the period of time from October of '29 to March of '33 is all I need to tell me what a shit show that a "hands off" approach yields.  Dam Hoover!

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

A close look at the period of time from October of '29 to March of '33 is all I need to tell me what a shit show that a "hands off" approach yields.  Dam Hoover!

I actually think the 08 crash might have been worse and in the end the Government did not do it's job of regulating.  One Fucking Guy went to Jail after 08 ONE!