"You Can't Go Any Lower": Inside the West Wing, Trump Is Apoplectic as Allies Fear Impeachment

"You Can't Go Any Lower": Inside the West Wing, Trump Is Apoplectic as Allies Fear Impeachment

Source: Vanity Fair

Until now, Robert Mueller has haunted Donald Trump’s White House as a hovering, mostly unseen menace. But by securing indictments of Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, and a surprise guilty plea from foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos, Mueller announced loudly that the Russia investigation poses an existential threat to the president. “Here’s what Manafort’s indictment tells me: Mueller is going to go over every financial dealing of Jared Kushner and the Trump Organization,” said former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg. “Trump is at 33 percent in Gallup. You can’t go any lower. He’s fucked.” 

As Mueller moves to interview West Wing aides in the coming days, advisers are lobbying for Trump to consider a range of stratagems to neutralize Mueller, from conciliation to a declaration of all-out war. One Republican explained Trump’s best chance for survival is to get his poll numbers up. Trump’s lawyer Ty Cobb has been advocating the view that playing ball will lead to a quick resolution (Cobb did not respond to a request for comment). But these soft-power approaches are being criticized by Trump allies including Steve Bannon and Roger Stone, who both believe establishment Republicans are waiting for a chance to impeach Trump. “The establishment has proven time and time again they will fuck Trump over,” a Bannon ally told me. 

In a series of phone calls with Trump on Monday and Tuesday, Bannon told the president to shake up the legal team by installing an aggressive lawyer above Cobb, according to two sources briefed on the call. Bannon has also discussed ways to pressure Congress to defund Mueller’s investigation or limit its scope. “Mueller shouldn’t be allowed to be a clean shot on goal,” a Bannon confidant told me. “He must be contested and checked. Right now he has unchecked power.” 

Bannon’s sense of urgency is being fueled by his belief that Trump’s hold on power is slipping. The collapse of Obamacare repeal, and the dimming chances that tax reform will pass soon—many Trump allies are deeply pessimistic about its prospects—have created the political climate for establishment Republicans to turn on Trump. Two weeks ago, according to a source, Bannon did a spitball analysis of the Cabinet to see which members would remain loyal to Trump in the event the 25th Amendment were invoked, thereby triggering a vote to remove the president from office. Bannon recently told people he’s not sure if Trump would survive such a vote. “One thing Steve wants Trump to do is take this more seriously,” the Bannon confidant told me. “Stop joking around. Stop tweeting.” 

-snip-

Read more: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/the-west-wing-trump-is-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment  

AF20C5B6-5DEA-4CAE-A73C-BDD32C9C5F29.jpeg

Edited by Mainecat

28 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Like how do you think to post a vanity Fair opinion piece and actually think it's going to go well for you??

"think".  It's all about emotion to some.  There's no "think" involved.  It's odd to find a man of his advanced age to have the emotionally mentality of a 3th grade girl.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"think".  It's all about emotion to some.  There's no "think" involved.  It's odd to find a man of his advanced age to have the emotionally mentality of a 3th grade girl.

I really want him to answer! Fuck you know it's going to be good!! Lol

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I really want him to answer! Fuck you know it's going to be good!! Lol

Doesn't he have you on ignore?  He puts people on ignore that ask him questions he doesn't have answers to.  Or, otherwise just make him feel sad about himself inside.  I did both!!!!!

IGNORE FOR LIFE!!!!  :lol:

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Doesn't he have you on ignore?  He puts people on ignore that ask him questions he doesn't have answers to.  Or, otherwise just make him feel sad about himself inside.  I did both!!!!!

IGNORE FOR LIFE!!!!  :lol:

I don't know,  he has responded to a couple things I have posted in the past..

but on  another note, off to hospital,  gf got hit by a car walking to her car after leaving her work at the hospital in a cross walk..she is ok, some scrapes, and sore, she said she went up on the hood though...And her security guard buddies have it on security video!! She said it's hilarious..I'm out

• Confused 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I don't know,  he has responded to a couple things I have posted in the past..

but on  another note, off to hospital,  gf got hit by a car walking to her car after leaving her work at the hospital in a cross walk..she is ok, some scrapes, and sore, she said she went up on the hood though...And her security guard buddies have it on security video!! She said it's hilarious..I'm out

Shit!  Good luck to her.  Sounds like she's taking it in good spirits though....PM me the video.  :lol:

:bc:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Shit!  Good luck to her.  Sounds like she's taking it in good spirits though....PM me the video.  :lol:

:bc:

She is in a precautionary MRI of her head, but all good, rest of the week off work for her..And Yes!!! We all want to see the security video!! I will for sure!!

43 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

was it a Bentley. 

Us common folk are never that lucky!  guy was a senior,  looking left while turning right I guess...😕

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Flushed out all the Trump door knobs......like fishing in a barrel.

i bet every one of you dumb ass Trump supporters had to look up the word “apoplectic”

The “wise old owl” shits himself again   :lol:

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Flushed out all the Trump door knobs......like fishing in a barrel.

i bet every one of you dumb ass Trump supporters had to look up the word “apoplectic”

Dude... Lol... You can’t even figure out the right their/there/they’re or your/you’re in 99% of your posts. HAHAHAHA what a fucking delusional moron. Just the notion of you pretending to be educated is hilarious. You’re dull as fuck. I’d be willing to bet sub 95 for an IQ. Pull the crayon out of your mouth and pop smoke ya dumb old fuck. 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

“apoplectic”. :lol:

”Vanity Fair”.  They serving up pictures of little boys now, MC?

What does Vanity Fair have to do with the statement by Sam Nunberg? The answer is nothing.

“Here’s what Manafort’s indictment tells me: Mueller is going to go over every financial dealing of Jared Kushner and the Trump Organization,” said former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg. “Trump is at 33 percent in Gallup. You can’t go any lower. He’s fucked.” 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

What does Vanity Fair have to do with the statement by Sam Nunberg? The answer is nothing.

Ughhhh.....I find it funny an old man reads vanity fair....or finds it normal to post threads based on their stories.

How’d you not get that?

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ughhhh.....I find it funny an old man reads vanity fair....or finds it normal to post threads based on their stories.

How’d you not get that?

Whether it's Fox news, MSNBC, etc. the only thing I pay attention to is the pertinent information. Nunberg is a solid bigoted hard core rightwinger, fuck he's so bigoted he got fired from Trumps campaign for making racist remarks............but then they brought him back as an advisor :lol: 

If Nunberg thinks Trump is fucked there more than likely is a problem for Trump.