Winter 2017

9 hours ago, Dave said:

Wouldnt it have been easier to say ticket?

Yes but this is FS, things don't go easy round here.

Not many would know the colour as tickets are rare.

I like your hat Dave. :)

• Like 1

Nice #'s "Coming in at a stout 178.8 hp and 113.4 ft lbs of torque. This motor is impressive. The motor builds over 100 ft lbs of torque @7200 rpms and rapidly climbs all the way to 8550,"

Edited by Tinker

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I guess the fellas worrying about gas mileage on their sleds are all driving Prius PHV's.  Lololol.

Not worried about gas mileage. Hemi Ram, 18.5ft runabout 4.3 that fuels up at marinas and everything I own runs on gas. It's about not worrying about stopping to fill every 100 miles

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Not worried about gas mileage. Hemi Ram, 18.5ft runabout 4.3 that fuels up at marinas and everything I own runs on gas. It's about not worrying about stopping to fill every 100 miles

The only place in Ontaro i was concerned about mileage was riding in the powder north of cochrane....or late at nite....the gas station in Eldee closes at 10 pm....ask me how i know.. :lol:

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

Nice #'s "Coming in at a stout 178.8 hp and 113.4 ft lbs of torque. This motor is impressive. The motor builds over 100 ft lbs of torque @7200 rpms and rapidly climbs all the way to 8550,"

860?

17 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Lol still going on about 200 mile fuel stops... I must have a small tank on mine

Here we go again.. according to puzzle there is something wrong with your machine. You need to proceed to dealer and demand they repair so you can achieve the correct 238 miles/tank.

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

With the variety of sleds I have owned it not a concern for me.  My F150 gets better mileage than the wife's Santa Ghey.

My wife tells me I was born to burn gas, trucks, boats, sleds.... gas is just an incidental cost of the enjoyment. The day I leave the boat at the dock or the sled on the trailer because of concerns over the cost of gas is they day I quit living.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

My wife tells me I was born to burn gas, trucks, boats, sleds.... gas is just an incidental cost of the enjoyment. The day I leave the boat at the dock or the sled on the trailer because of concerns over the cost of gas is they day I quit living.

Ya, no doubt, you are a wild man!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I use to ride with a guy who was obsessed with mileage....he was so concerned every pit stop.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You sure she's talking about gasoline?:lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You sure she's talking about gasoline?:lol:

Good one.... :lol: The only time I pay attention to gas is when the gauge is getting low and I need to find a place to fill up. Or as you suggested if you're in a room full of people.

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

I use to ride with a guy who was obsessed with mileage....he was so concerned every pit stop.

The only guys I knew was for the car they were driving.  Weird characters who drove like a 90 year old and when they put the A/C on, it was at the lowest fan setting.

• Like 1

Exactly.  Range is far more important than any dollar savings. 

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

37 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Range just makes you run out of gas farther away from a gas station. :lol:

On 3/21/2017 at 9:45 PM, Blackstar said:

Di's Vector is good on fuel. Not getting 19 mpg, it's more like 15-17. But that sled stopped being the choice of long distance riders when they shrank the tank to 9 gallons.

My old 1200 was harder on fuel but I could out distance Di because of tank size.

She can out distance my Turbo but I'm using the throttle way more now than I used to.

I don't know why, but it has been proven time and time again, that the carbed models are better on gas than the newer fi ones.

I think Yamaha downsized the tank some just to make the other's feel better they weren't the only ones needing fuel.  It does suck, truthfully, waiting for others to fill up when you just want to continue riding. :stirthepot:

On 3/21/2017 at 9:59 PM, Dave said:

A sled mag that gets sponsorship $ isnt very credible.

Real world experience here, and that article is spot on. I seriously don't know if my sled would break 200 miles, but I am willing to bet it would.

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My comfortable range was always 120 miles. I did go 135 once because I thought the truck was closer than it was and I didn't want to backtrack for fuel. Di made it too. She was in my head set constantly saying "I'm running out, I'm running out" because it kept flashing on her screen. And I'm saying "we have lots of fuel, relax".....lol

She was virtually empty. I still had 4-5 liters.

With my Turbo, I'm now down to a 100 mile range with comfort.

I have experienced that too, but have read many times, there is at least another 25 to 40 miles of fuel remaining once the light starts flashing or you are down to one bar. Like I mentioned above, I'd love to see someday just how far I could go on a tank. That, and to actually see if the 25 to 40 thing is true as well. 

11 hours ago, smokin george said:

You gotter, George. It's a great feeling knowing you will be the last guy to need/run out of gas during a ride. :thumb:

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yah right. That's why you hang onto fuel receipts when sledding. Lol

Edited by Fozzy
  • Like 1