Winter 2017

10 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Who's in a rage?  :lmao:  Like I said, nobody has time to read that much drivel, but somehow you took offence to the fact that 4 strokes don't burn oil. 

Still lots of good sledding this year, next trip is already planned.  :)

Yep, probably one or two good weekends left...unfortunately I've got this thing called work that will interfere with sledding plans...amazing how you get so much time off, must be nice....

It's all about time management.  Riding during the week is definitely better.

Just now, Allison Burgers said:

Yep, probably one or two good weekends left...unfortunately I've got this thing called work that will interfere with sledding plans...amazing how you get so much time off, must be nice....

So, a ZX carbed 800 was better on gas than your 800 Etec?  Even by Doo's claims, you "can" get just over 200 miles to a tank (19 mpg).  Maybe we should start a class action suit against BRP.  Same as Volkswagen. 

On 2017-03-20 at 1:21 PM, Renegade X said:

This thread hurts my head to read.  I don't know how you guys can go on for so long about this. I have a 11 etec and if I've gone 100 miles, Im looking for gas.  I don't like running it down that low.  I'm sure it will go maybe 130 but no way 200 miles.  Last year riding with my buddies 2012 1200 renegade, I was 10 litres less at each stop. Mine is a short track.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Well, you'd certainly never find out by hiding in your room, playing Crazy Eights, and posting on FS all night......

On 2017-03-20 at 0:07 PM, Garth said:

Puzzle you wouldn't a stood a chance.:)

Puzzler, Defender of the Weak. There is no fukking way any sled will do 200 miles on 1 tank of gas, period. 200 KMS, maybe, but not 200 miles.

You, of all people should know better than to make a false statement like that.

That Bombardier tit you are sucking must have something different than milk in it. Time for some fresh air.

Edited by Frostynuts

Could do WELL over 200 on my ol' 600 ETEC.

So how about those Leafs?  :)

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Puzzler, Defender of the Weak. There is no fukking way and sled will do 200 miles on 1 tank of gas, period. 200 KMS, maybe, but not 200 miles.

That Bombardier tit you are sucking must have something different than milk in it. Time for some fresh air.

Edited by Puzzleboy

We've done 250 and 280kms without putting gas in along the way. 2015 Renegade 600's (carb). We have our fuel caddies on the back and have yet to put the gas in on any trip and every couple rides I use them up to refresh the gas. These sleds will do 200 MILES  to the tank

• Like 1

Kool-Aid is one thing, but facts are facts.  I wish I had kept figures from my old 600 ETEC.  On day trips, I would skip the fill in the middle of the day.

Of course, the contingent will say that only 800s matter..... and I even posted figures from a guy on a forum I don't even know.... but their blinders get in the way.  :)

Just now, smokin george said:

They drink a different kool-aid. 

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Puzzler, Defender of the Weak. There is no fukking way any sled will do 200 miles on 1 tank of gas, period. 200 KMS, maybe, but not 200 miles.

Any fukking sled is a pretty broad statement. I wonder what an anemic 600 Ace would get to the tank and although it's 60hp it's still a sled

Doo claims I think around 28mpg for that one, but I have no experience with them, and don't know anybody with one. 

Craig Nicholson (I know, I know) was riding a 900 ACE, and they were getting around 340-350 kms/tank, IIRC.  A 900 is no demon, but that's pretty good mileage IMO.

After taking an extended break to lick his wounds, Puzzleboy returns with a flurrie of meaningless retorts, then salivates as a poster chimes in with real word experience;

Regarding a machine completely irrelevant to the argument!:lol2:

Garth, right on cue.  See what I mean?

Wounds? :lmao:  You clearly take FS way too seriously. Cool when my fans miss me though!  Never feel compelled to post when I'm busy...... sorry bud!  Kinda like when you were in the hotel, posting all night on FS...... pretty sure the guy partying a few rooms over with the blonde felt no obligation to post on FS that night. 

No need to salivate, we are the only ones posting real-life numbers from our own actual experiences.  But the Anti-BRP contingent must stay the course!  LOL

So, a 600 carb, or a 600 ETEC, are not snowmobiles?  IMO, any LC snowmobile 600cc + is a performance snowmobile. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

5 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Doo claims I think around 28mpg for that one, but I have no experience with them, and don't know anybody with one. 

Craig Nicholson (I know, I know) was riding a 900 ACE, and they were getting around 340-350 kms/tank, IIRC.  A 900 is no demon, but that's pretty good mileage IMO.

I know one guy that has a 600Ace that he won in a poker run. He was saying unbelievable gas mileage. The forest has 600Ace rentals

Busy, riiiight. More like in a corner..

Nice deflection; Remember, the argument is specifically regarding the 800 ETEC achieving 200+ Miles to a tank while riding groomed trails at asshat velocities, we've been over this, try to keep up.

Notice how you failed to acknowledge the post by an actual 800 ETEC owner that specifically contradicted your false belief?

238 Miles.. :lol2::homework:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

We've done 250 and 280kms without putting gas in along the way. 2015 Renegade 600's (carb). We have our fuel caddies on the back and have yet to put the gas in on any trip and every couple rides I use them up to refresh the gas. These sleds will do 200 MILES  to the tank

Riding 20/kph maybe...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Not doubting your 174 mile claim on your 600 George, but was that riding at asshat velocities?

No Kool Aid required, BRP make an excellent snowmobile. But when claims by one who never gives up run 238 wild, well, it's fun to play.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Dave said:

Riding 20/kph maybe...

I doubt Geoege and his wife are dragging a knee through the corners but I've riden with him and he rides a good cruising pace.

My son was never shy with the throttle and always got 16-18 mpg with his '07 500SS. His '09 600 Etec was good for 19-21 mpg.

He always beat me at the pumps when I had my '07 600 Switchback (14-16 mpg) and my '10 1200 Gade (13-15).

3 minutes ago, Garth said:

Not doubting your 174 mile claim on your 600 George, but was that riding at asshat velocities?

No Kool Aid required, BRP make an excellent snowmobile. But when claims by one who never gives up run 238 wild, well, it's fun to play.

174 miles on etec 600 you would have to be putzing along pretty slow.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I doubt Geoege and his wife are dragging a knee through the corners but I've riden with him and he rides a good cruising pace.

My son was never shy with the throttle and always got 16-18 mpg with his '07 500SS. His '09 600 Etec was good for 19-21 mpg.

He always beat me at the pumps when I had my '07 600 Switchback (14-16 mpg) and my '10 1200 Gade (13-15).

:bc: mileage stories are like fishing stories imo

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

And so is the Poncho "can't admit I made a mistake, and posted it for everyone on FS to laugh at" butthurt. 

:lmao:

We see your butt hurt. Sad and yes you have been beat down by everyone on this site, you just can't see it....sad

Still upset about the dipstick...... noted. 

Were those supposed to be beatdowns?  Sorry, didn't notice.  Just sounded like the same old anti-BRP babble from the same 4 guys.  :lmao:

11 minutes ago, Poncho said:

We see your butt hurt. Sad and yes you have been beat down by everyone on this site, you just can't see it....sad

Edited by Puzzleboy

Just saying. :snack:

Yamaha’s RS Vector was our gas mileage champ last season, posting an impressive season-long average of 18.8 mpg. That figure may go a long way toward explaining why it sells so well among long-distance riders. 

http://www.amsnow.com/news/snowmobile-reviews/2012/08/2012-yamaha-rs-vector-long-term-tests

• Like 1