Winter 2017

So while Garth and the boys were in their room playing GoFish and Snakes & Ladders, drinking Poo Kool-Aid and posting on FS all night.....

....an ETEC rider was pounding away with the blonde all night a few doors up.

18 minutes ago, Garth said:

That crew stayed a few doors up from us at the Thriftlodge this past Weekend. They have a wood platform they drop over the tank for the dog to standon. On Saturday they were at the base camp with the dog.

That XRS is very customized as well, alot of effort would have gone into it.

1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

She does the photography for the csra. I think she said they did 300 miles.  I think that dog put in more miles this year, than the average Ontario sledder. 

IMG_2132.JPG

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Fifth.... a nice fellow (you might know him) lent me his GSX 1200 to ride, and I really liked it.  On my second now.  Both my Etecs were better on gas, but the 1200 stock is still quite good.  And it runs regular, no oil, less stink, etc.   On the last ride, we had to wait for a Polaris rider (who shall remain nameless) to source oil on the middle of a trail ride.....I am a 2-stroke nut.  dirt bikes, Sea-Doos, street bikes (still have my RZ500s and an NS400R), sleds..... never thought I would ride a 4 stroke snowmobile.  

Just to clarify the alternative facts from the esteemed Mr Puzzler, who may have cracked 300 miles on his sled this year, but far more on his keyboard, I was said Polaris driver looking for oil.

The weekend before I had completed an over 200 mile trip and we had left sleds on the trailer but filled them with gas (can't remember if we had stopped for gas anywhere on that trip ....I may have gotten 200 miles from 1 tank....just kidding......no one would be delusional enough to claim that type of mileage on any sled...lmao) and I did not top up with oil. Now....we were trailering a week later and I forgot that I hadn't topped up with oil. Upon reaching our launch point I sourced some oil to take with me as we were looking at another 200 mile day. I never used the oil ...still have it. 400 miles and never had to add any.

I do remember driving with a certain XRS ridden by a belted wonder that required its coolant topped up prior to every trip. Guess that's been forgotten in the vortex.

Ridden  most of the sleds out there and can say that they all have there pluses and minuses, but whatever you like best is what you buy...whether it's brand loyalty, performance, aesthetics, handling, fuel economy etc ..whatever floats your boat.

Mr Putzlers claims about market leader means nothing about the quality or performance of the sled...just that they sold more.

Is Corvette or Baja the market leader in sports cars or boat sales Mr Puzzle?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

So while Garth and the boys were in their room playing GoFish and Snakes & Ladders, drinking Poo Kool-Aid and posting on FS all night.....

....an ETEC rider was pounding away with the blonde all night a few doors up.

Except the ETEC rider was the one getting pounded from the strap-on.

• Like 2

This thread hurts my head to read.  I don't know how you guys can go on for so long about this. I have a 11 etec and if I've gone 100 miles, Im looking for gas.  I don't like running it down that low.  I'm sure it will go maybe 130 but no way 200 miles.  Last year riding with my buddies 2012 1200 renegade, I was 10 litres less at each stop. Mine is a short track.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

This thread hurts my head to read.  I don't know how you guys can go on for so long about this. I have a 11 etec and if I've gone 100 miles, Im looking for gas.  I don't like running it down that low.  I'm sure it will go maybe 130 but no way 200 miles.  Last year riding with my buddies 2012 1200 renegade, I was 10 litres less at each stop. Mine is a short track.

There is something wrong with your sled. Perhaps the track is too tight?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Except the ETEC rider was the one getting pounded from the strap-on.

In case you were wondering what to wear under the " Belted outer layer "....

On sale now at participating BRP dealers.......

FB_IMG_1489105781592~2.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bladefever said:

In case you were wondering what to wear under the " Belted outer layer "....

On sale now at participating BRP dealers.......

FB_IMG_1489105781592~2.jpg

In yellow.  Hey she can even use the belt accessory from the jacket to mount the strap-on.

OK, that's enough for now.

8 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

More breaking news .....

We were talking to a guy at the Sneak Peak in MI that totaled 2 850 etecs from bulkhead damage from hits to both sides of the a arms on 2 separate occasions - Met him when looking at the stripped down 850 chassis at the show.. Couldn't believe how chinsey and thin the bulkhead is in places and how Doo mounts their A Arms to the die cast. No thanks Doo !

Puzzle doesn't think the aluminium is thin we had a discussion about this in the classified section ..... lol still haven't got around to putting a micrometer on one 

On March 19, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Puzzleboy said:

I addressed it, try to keep up.  No idea what their conditions were, or how many readings they took.  Their 600 readings seem accurate. 

The only valuable thing you posted, was a useless and errant, calibrated dipstick example.......  valuable for a few laughs! :lmao:

That's funny.......now for your education......your beloved Skidoo's all came with a calibrated dipstick, it was, and still is, the only way to accurately measure fuel quantity......that was Doo's measurement tool.....this was long before you were born..   ...Man did you ever take the bait, hook, line and sinker....so I guess Skidoos dip stick is as useless and errant as my suggestion.

Man this has been a total Puzzle beat down for a few days now.....blood bath......

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 4

For some reason , every time I go to a show , and looking at sleds , or bikes or anything . There always seems to be a guy who will trash talk a sled , and it always " I had one and was piece of shit " 

There is always a guy who will trash talk a brand he hates , what better way than I had one .

or a guy who is a keyboard wrench , and will say what he's read , but in first person so he seems like he's knowledgable 

And , he may have actually owned it , and done it .

Ya never know ...... 

10 hours ago, Poncho said:

That's funny.......now for your education......your beloved Skidoo's all came with a calibrated dipstick, it was, and still is, the only way to accurately measure fuel quantity......that was Doo's measurement tool.....this was long before you were born..   ...Man did you ever take the bait, hook, line and sinker....so I guess Skidoos dip stick is as useless and errant as my suggestion.

Man this has been a total Puzzle beat down for a few days now.....blood bath......

Puzzler, defender of the weak. What can I say.

Once you start sucking on the Bombardier tit, it,s really hard for some to pull away.

Butthurt noted.  Yes, a certain XRS did require top ups.  Previous owner damaged the heat exchanger with a rock, replaced it, and re-used an Oetiker clamp on one of the lines.  But I guess that's Ski-Doo's fault?  In any case, that sled would easily push 200 miles, but it was stock.  My 600 Etec years back, easily exceeded 200.  It's called engineering.  Copying the competition might work for Polaris, but it will not put you at the technological forefront.  But yes, no Polaris rider would claim 200 miles. Nobody has the time to read your lengthy explanation about why you forgot to fill a 2-stroke with oil, but I'm guessing you simply forgot.  It happens. In any case, the context was simply that that is a non-issue on 4 strokes.  One of the positives.

Who claims Baja or GM is the leader in sports cars or boat sales..... the only ones who love talking about boats and Vettes..... are you guys!

Funny, when Polaris was the market leader, you surely claimed they were the best.

Now that Doo leads the market, the current market leader is the worst?  Makes a lot of sense. 

Just to clarify the alternative facts from the esteemed Mr Puzzler, who may have cracked 300 miles on his sled this year, but far more on his keyboard, I was said Polaris driver looking for oil.

The weekend before I had completed an over 200 mile trip and we had left sleds on the trailer but filled them with gas (can't remember if we had stopped for gas anywhere on that trip ....I may have gotten 200 miles from 1 tank....just kidding......no one would be delusional enough to claim that type of mileage on any sled...lmao) and I did not top up with oil. Now....we were trailering a week later and I forgot that I hadn't topped up with oil. Upon reaching our launch point I sourced some oil to take with me as we were looking at another 200 mile day. I never used the oil ...still have it. 400 miles and never had to add any.

I do remember driving with a certain XRS ridden by a belted wonder that required its coolant topped up prior to every trip. Guess that's been forgotten in the vortex.

Ridden  most of the sleds out there and can say that they all have there pluses and minuses, but whatever you like best is what you buy...whether it's brand loyalty, performance, aesthetics, handling, fuel economy etc ..whatever floats your boat.

Mr Putzlers claims about market leader means nothing about the quality or performance of the sled...just that they sold more.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Wasn't hook, line and sinker at all.....you made a mistake.  Sure they had a dipstick, to give the rider a rough idea of how much fuel was left in his tank.  But in your example, calculating fuel mileage, a dipstick was irrelevant, and useless. 

You fucked up, plain and simple.  There is no requirement for a dipstick on a mileage test where you burn through a known quantity of fuel until the machine ran out.  As I said, 5 gallons, is 5 gallons.  What's the dipstick for again?  :lmao:

And dipsticks are not accurate or precise.  They are a rough guide.  Dispensing 5 gallons from any auto fuel pump is FAR more accurate than using a dipstick.  Your butthurt on this issue is well recognized here. 

Don't worry, the Engineers understand. 

Where is this beatdown you speak of?  You made a mistake on the mileage calcs, can't admit it, and the anti-BRP sheep are doing their usual thing.  No news here......

17 hours ago, Poncho said:

Edited by Puzzleboy

I didn't say it was thick, or thin.  You claimed your HVAC ducting of whatever gauge was thicker, and I said that was nonsense.  You don't need a micrometer..... you're incorrect. 

Pretty sure tunnels are thicker than .020.  :lmao:

18 hours ago, Gman said:

Puzzle doesn't think the aluminium is thin we had a discussion about this in the classified section ..... lol still haven't got around to putting a micrometer on one 

19 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Butthurt noted.  Yes, a certain XRS did require top ups.  Previous owner damaged the heat exchanger with a rock, replaced it, and re-used an Oetiker clamp on one of the lines.  But I guess that's Ski-Doo's fault?  In any case, that sled would easily push 200 miles, but it was stock.  My 600 Etec years back, easily exceeded 200.  It's called engineering.  Copying the competition might work for Polaris, but it will not put you at the technological forefront.  But yes, no Polaris rider would claim 200 miles. Nobody has the time to read your lengthy explanation about why you forgot to fill a 2-stroke with oil, but I'm guessing you simply forgot.  It happens. 

Who claims Baja or GM is the leader in sports cars or boat sales..... the only ones who love talking about boats and Vettes..... are you guys!

Funny, when Polaris was the market leader, you surely claimed they were the best.

Now that Doo leads the market, the current market leader is the worst?  Makes a lot of sense. 

Look who just woke up...

You missed the point of the post entirely, but somehow I'm not surprised...you are in a yellow rage.

I could go on and on...but why bother??...see ya next year....maybe..lol

Who's in a rage?  :lmao:  Like I said, nobody has time to read that much drivel, but somehow you took offence to the fact that 4 strokes don't burn oil. 

Still lots of good sledding this year, next trip is already planned.  :)

Just now, Allison Burgers said:

Look who just woke up...

You missed the point of the post entirely, but somehow I'm not surprised...you are in a yellow rage.

I could go on and on...but why bother??...see ya next year....maybe..lol

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Wasn't hook, line and sinker at all.....you made a mistake.  Sure they had a dipstick, to give the rider a rough idea of how much fuel was left in his tank.  But in your example, calculating fuel mileage, a dipstick was irrelevant, and useless. 

You fucked up, plain and simple.  There is no requirement for a dipstick on a mileage test where you burn through a known quantity of fuel until the machine ran out.  As I said, 5 gallons, is 5 gallons.  What's the dipstick for again?  :lmao:

And dipsticks are not accurate or precise.  They are a rough guide.  Dispensing 5 gallons from any auto fuel pump is FAR more accurate than using a dipstick.  Your butthurt on this issue is well recognized here. 

Don't worry, the Engineers understand. 

Where is this beatdown you speak of?  You made a mistake on the mileage calcs, can't admit it, and the anti-BRP sheep are doing their usual thing.  No news here......

Call 911 Puzzle Vortex is alive and his drivel too

Edited by Poncho

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Who's in a rage?  :lmao:  Like I said, nobody has time to read that much drivel, but somehow you took offence to the fact that 4 strokes don't burn oil. 

Still lots of good sledding this year, next trip is already planned.  :)

Yep I have another trip planned as well, but mine is this year.  Have a good one!