Winter 2017

27 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

So, the ETEC just magically started getting better mileage.... or you just decided to get more honest based on the numbers posted?  :)

Yep, if he ran out at 130, there is clearly something wrong with that sled.  I had the same motor; 200+ was not an issue. Maybe the track's too tight....

200+ kms right?

You muste ride specifically with fuel econ in mind.

1 hour ago, Boered said:

No, odometers can be accurate while speedo is off. They do it on bikes all the time. Law states speedo can be off 10% but only report higher and must not report lower, odometer must be accurate.

How can the odometer that reads track rotation be accurate and the speedometer based on track rotation be off by 10%?

Please explain. 

You really got 238 miles to a tank on an 800 etec running high speeds on trails? No gas can mounted to the tunnel??

I have another friend with a 13 800 e who ride much more conservative and he can't get that. Yours musta been a ringer.

7 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

200 plus miles, groomed trails, asshat velocities.  I think we've been over this. 

238 miles..... whatya got?

It was 228 miles in all your previous posts in this thread...keep your BS straight son...go take your meds and go back to reading Snow Goer in the basement with the Gimp...

No, I posted a link to a guy who got that on a Renegade in QC (high speed trails).

On mine, I easily calculated that based on what it took to fill my tank, knowing the tank volume, and the mileage already accrued, that I could conservatively reach 220+.

Yep, 228..... sorry Alison. It was a forum post from somebody else on a different forum, sorry about that.  I'm really sorry. :)

How about this..... we'll call it 200 to be safe. 

Does it really matter when a Polaris runs out at 138?

9 minutes ago, Allison Burgers said:

It was 228 miles in all your previous posts in this thread...keep your BS straight son...go take your meds and go back to reading Snow Goer in the basement with the Gimp...

850.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy

8 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, 228..... sorry Alison. It was a forum post from somebody else on a different forum, sorry about that.  I'm really sorry. 

Does it really matter when a Polaris runs out at 138?

850.jpeg

Allison says you have a very pointy head....and its Allison with two L's, not one L....puzzle please increase the med dose....you are really failing bad lately.

Actually, I'm the only one who has posted actual facts.  228 miles on a QC run. 

But the Polaris monkeys clearly can't handle the truth. 

Just now, Poncho said:

Allison says you have a very pointy head....and its Allison with two L's, not one L....puzzle please increase the med dose....you are really failing bad lately.

Fixed for ya. 

So mine calculated at well over 200, I posted a guy who got 228 just prior to running out...... is there a question there somewhere?  Spit it out son!! :lmao:

1 minute ago, Garth said:

It does when an 800 E with something wrong with it, runs out at 137.

200:lol:

26 minutes ago, Sksman said:

How can the odometer that reads track rotation be accurate and the speedometer based on track rotation be off by 10%?

Please explain. 

The electronics module controls it all. There was a re-flash for the ECU on my sled regarding cold start. Somebody at the manufacturer screwed up somehow and suddenly the odometer was showing less than was actually traveled as well as the speedometer showing less than actual. They realized the mistake and another reflash of the ECU fixed that.

He's likely lying, I know.  Not sure why exactly...... and my calcs are probably wrong too. 

And the thousands of ETEC buyers who are experiencing FAR less mileage than BRP claims, are surely embroiled in a class action against Doo right now......

You do realize, that you are the random internet post?  :lmao:

Just now, Garth said:

"Facts" from some random Internet post.. Sorry puzzle my facts are real world experience.

200 km,  got it.

10 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Actually, I'm the only one who has posted actual facts.  228 miles on a QC run. 

But the Polaris monkeys clearly can't handle the truth. 

You, actually posting real facts.......LOL.......you and Donald Trump...fake news....I think I'm the only one who posted real facts, and they were facts from your spunk magazine, SnowGoer,......which you have not addressed.  Remember, SnowGoer is your only source of snowmobile data......so really...lol

I addressed it, try to keep up.  No idea what their conditions were, or how many readings they took.  Their 600 readings seem accurate. 

The only valuable thing you posted, was a useless and errant, calibrated dipstick example.......  valuable for a few laughs! :lmao:

Im just heading back from Cochrane. I rode with 4 800etechs, 2 assults one a 600 the other an 800 and 2 1200 doos. We where riding hard all weekend at temps from plus 4-8. The 1200s always got the best milage followed by the etechs. The 2 polariss were close but always used more. No one was getting anymore them 200km per tank this weekend

13 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Judging by the rampant Polaris butthurt in here........ I'm guessing the new fella, Burgers......... rides a Polaris? 

Yes...it does say that on my profile...

Been riding my 800 since 2015, when new,  and had another 2011 800 (still have it as well) before that. The 2015 Polaris 800 Pro S Rush gets considerably better mileage than my 2011 Polaris 800 Pro R Rush. The newer Polaris 800 engine is much more efficient.

Ride 1500-2000 miles a year and rode with a guy who had an 800 ETEC and then a 1200 (and it's not Puzzler, but he's also caught in a similar vortex..lol) and I consistently got similar mileage to the 800 but better mileage than the 1200....compared over an extensive time riding together.

Also haven't blown a belt since 1999, but I did see a guy out on White Lake blow one on an XRS once....

4 minutes ago, Oggy said:

Im just heading back from Cochrane. I rode with 4 800etechs, 2 assults one a 600 the other an 800 and 2 1200 doos. We where riding hard all weekend at temps from plus 4-8. The 1200s always got the best milage followed by the etechs. The 2 polariss were close but always used more. No one was getting anymore them 200km per tank this weekend

But Puzzle says the 800 ETEC gets better mileage than a 1200, so that just isn't possible. He says the 800 ETEC gets 228 per tank or well over 300 Kms per tank.....Oggy how can this be?  Puzzle is wrong again?