Winter 2017

On March 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Puzzleboy said:

Huh?  Lol  The fuel difference is not negligible.  As I said, I run with a new Poo 800, and it will always use several litres more.  And 800 ETECs are better than the 1200 (not worse), that was the point.  As anemic as it is.  And that's at full trail tilt.  My old ZX 800 would do 120 on a tank, and we planned trips to that figure.  If your Poo gets "130+", that's quite poor.  I put 170 on my XRS, 5 years ago. 

Ridden a 1200?  Never heard it called anemic before.  It gives up a few mph to an 800 on the lake, but nothing else.  A much better, and more torquey sled, than my 800 XRS ETEC was. 

Arguing SDI is as good as DI, is a bit retarded. Only a Polaris guy would make that claim. 

Maybe Doo should go back to SDI? 

Garth was right, just look at what you posted "800 ETECs are better than the 1200" OK, we all know this......so your SnowGoer mags have the Poo800's burning less fuel that an ETEC 800 so how possibly is your anemic 1200 better on fuel when you said it burns more than an 800 ETEC??? ..really......LOL.....Also I had an 02 MXZ 800 and if you could get 90 miles out of a tank you would be lucky, as a matter of fact, Skidoo had a clutch update on that sled to correct the poor fuel mileage.  The Puzzle Vortex is rich with nonsense.....now own it, Garth was right....time to man up.....what a Puzzle beat down, again....LOL

• Like 1

Just for the heck of it, I Googled ETEC MPG.  This is one of the first hits....... QR.

What was your earlier range figure...... 130 miles?  So, 228 miles would be better, correct?  I'm guessing that's close to 16-17 MPG.  Doo claims 19 best (my Dad riding). And my 800 XRS would routinely get 15-16 mpg when ridden normally (asshat velocity).

If you've ever ridden in QC, you'd know why that's impressive.  Yes, your buddy's 800 needs looking at. 

Lesson over. 

850.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy

Poor Poncho, no science again..... just more Polaris loyalist butthurt.  :lmao: Must be that excellent ProRide. 

If you were getting only 90 miles on that ZX, you must have had the brake on at all times to quell your fear.  Mine would do 120 (that was the trip planning range) no issue, and with the TourBuddy, I got another 25 miles or so.  And I had no clutch update.  But it was all stock, and not fucked with. 

Ever notice how Polaris guys never post up real mileage numbers attained, or at the pumps, won't look around to see how much less the Doos are using?  They call that difference, whatever it is, negligible. 

Show me any long tracked, or any, Polaris 800 that can do 228 miles and still have half a gallon in the tank.  It's funny how Polaris guys will argue their point to the end, in the face of real evidence to the contrary.  Now THAT's brand loyalty. 

Must be something to do with their calibrated dipsticks.....

:)

Edited by Puzzleboy

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Poor Poncho, no science again..... just more Polaris loyalist butthurt.  :lmao:

Must be that ProRide......

Puzzle vortex......you need help son....every post makes you look a little smaller....sad really, but keep it up we are all laughing.....wait, I've got to go, Garth just text me......

It's quite simple.  I put in significantly less fuel than the newer 800 Poos I was riding with, at the same distance.  No burping, no b.s......... just a significant delta. 

It's hard for Polaris diehards to accept, I know. 

It's quite humourous how you guys care so much.  To the Doo guys, it's just technology. 

:lmao:

17 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Garth was right, just look at what you posted "800 ETECs are better than the 1200" OK, we all know this......so your SnowGoer mags have the Poo800's burning less fuel that an ETEC 800 so how possibly is your anemic 1200 better on fuel when you said it burns more than an 800 ETEC??? ..really......LOL.....Also I had an 02 MXZ 800 and if you could get 90 miles out of a tank you would be lucky, as a matter of fact, Skidoo had a clutch update on that sled to correct the poor fuel mileage.  The Puzzle Vortex is rich with nonsense.....now own it, Garth was right....time to man up.....what a Puzzle beat down, again....LOL

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

It's quite simple.  I put in significantly less fuel than the newer 800 Poos I was riding with, at the same distance.  No burping, no b.s......... just a significant delta. 

It's hard for Polaris diehards to accept, I know. 

It's quite humourous how you guys care so much.  To the Doo guys, it's just technology. 

:lmao:

Sad.....you have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel....lol

• Like 1

Comprehension issues abound........ Lol

As I said, my 2002 ZX could easily do 120.  So, what........ this guy's lying, on a thread not even about fuel mileage (it's about 850 Renegades in general), because it doesn't gel with your opinion? 
And I also mentioned I experienced similar but slightly lesser mileage on my old 800 ETEC.

Like I said, your buddy's Doo that runs like a clock, clearly has issues.  How many miles had it run when it needed fuel? 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Diversion attempt noted.  Got any numbers for us yet, or just rah rah flag waving Polaris rants?  :)

Read some of the posts here to educate yourself.  Yankees, no Canadian allegiance to BRP..... Lol

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4601-850-etec-renegade/

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Sad.....you have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel....lol

Edited by Puzzleboy

We went up to the Hali Forest yesterday for what might be our last ride this season. The place was packed, weather was good and the trails were in good shape. Some of the smaller trails had the odd bare spot but overall ok.  For the amount of sleds there we hardly saw many the route we took. It was a good day with good friends and looking forward to next season

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Poncho said:

Puzzle's bible magazine SnowGoer reported the following in 2016, looks like Garth was right.

XF 6000 CrossTrek: 12.27 mpg, 222 miles per qt. of oil

ZR 8000 LXR 137: 10.25 mpg, 106 miles per qt. of oil

600 Rush Pro-S: 12.46 mpg, 163 miles per qt. of oil

800 Switchback Adventure: 13.81 mpg, 142 miles per qt. of oil

MX Z X 600 H.O. E-TEC: 16.55 mpg, 213 miles per qt. of oil

Renegade Enduro 800R E-TEC: 13.63 mpg, 149 miles per qt. of oil

RS Vector LE: 14.34 mpg

Not that I want to get caught up in this fuel mileage fray, but there is something clearly wrong with those Vector mpg findings. In my experience, I am getting at least 4 mpg more than what they listed there. In their defense, that is an LE and from what I have learned, the FI models get slightly less than the carbed models for some reason, but there is no way it is that low. (Also from SG, below)

The Vector and Venture’s Genesis 120FI engine is capable of achieving 20 mpg (US) on a regular basis while the Apex’s Genesis 160FI is capable of more than respectable fuel mileage as wellhttp://www.snowgoercanada.com/23-features/390-yamaha-apex-rs-vector

5 hours ago, irv said:

Not that I want to get caught up in this fuel mileage fray, but there is something clearly wrong with those Vector mpg findings. In my experience, I am getting at least 4 mpg more than what they listed there. In their defense, that is an LE and from what I have learned, the FI models get slightly less than the carbed models for some reason, but there is no way it is that low. (Also from SG, below)

The Vector and Venture’s Genesis 120FI engine is capable of achieving 20 mpg (US) on a regular basis while the Apex’s Genesis 160FI is capable of more than respectable fuel mileage as wellhttp://www.snowgoercanada.com/23-features/390-yamaha-apex-rs-vector

Ok let's tag you in irv. Your Yamaha must have DI in order to achieve those great MPG #'s??:)

6 hours ago, irv said:

Irv, 

With all the sleds I have owned, the diff in fuel at the pumps goes into the idgaf category. 

Take care. 

Edited by ArcticCrusher
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Like I said, your buddy's Doo that runs like a clock, clearly has issues.  How many miles had it run when it needed fuel? 

Just under 130.

Today I was using about 2l more per tank than the Doo that doesn't run right.

IT does have a smaller tank I'm sure of that. Yesterday the other 16' Polaris in the group ran out a mile after that 15 doo. I'm sure I was close too I put 41 litre In plus the wwf jug for 45 total.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Irv, 

With all the sleds I have owned, the diff in fuel at the pumps goes into the idgaf category. 

Take care. 

Exactly. As long as they have the range the owner needs it's all good. 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎18 at 10:07 AM, Sksman said:

What good are mpg or l/100kms?

Tinker reported the speedometer on the new 850 off by 12%.   There have been similar findings on all brands of speedometers being off on radar runs.

Wouldnt that mean distance traveled as recorded by odometer is off by upto 12% on the new doo?  The speed and mileage is recorded together.

So mpg comparrisons would always be in favour of the unit with most faulty odometer?

Is that the true reason doo's speedometer is off by 12%?  Planned by doo to make unit sell better? 

Could doo actually eliminate this error but it would hurt their statistical claims?

No, odometers can be accurate while speedo is off. They do it on bikes all the time. Law states speedo can be off 10% but only report higher and must not report lower, odometer must be accurate.

So, the ETEC just magically started getting better mileage.... or you just decided to get more honest based on the numbers posted?  :)

Yep, if he ran out at 130, there is clearly something wrong with that sled.  I had the same motor; 200+ was not an issue. Maybe the track's too tight....

2 hours ago, Garth said:

Just under 130.

Today I was using about 2l more per tank than the Doo that doesn't run right.

IT does have a smaller tank I'm sure of that. Yesterday the other 16' Polaris in the group ran out a mile after that 15 doo. I'm sure I was close too I put 41 litre In plus the wwf jug for 45 total.

Edited by Puzzleboy

Nothing is perfect, everything has tolerances, degrees of error, etc.  And accuracy and precision are two different things. 

53 minutes ago, Boered said:

No, odometers can be accurate while speedo is off. They do it on bikes all the time. Law states speedo can be off 10% but only report higher and must not report lower, odometer must be accurate.

I agree to a point, but to me better range is always a good thing.  I've been out at -20 siphoning fuel from one tank into someone elses to make a fuel stop......no thanks, when technology can prevent that.  That's why on any new sled I get, I calculate a conservative range as soon as I have a few rides in. 

It's only the anti BRP contingent here that posts their babble, with no facts to back it up.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Irv, 

Take care.