Winter 2017

11 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Well the season is all wrapped up for me. 11xxmiles this week in 4.5 days riding. 2100 on the season.

Pretty sure I'll order a new one as 4200 miles 2 years old with 2 years warranty left is a good time to let it go. (As far as cost per year goes)

Sled has been alot more reliable then past 600s. Has had thumb warmer, and 1 snow flap rivet replaced. Put 2100 miles on both belts. 

Nice miles and damn cold up there the whole time too.

Did you run toward Hearst? I'm making Hearst for Lunch from Cochrane then back for my first day on Friday. I've actually not been West of Kap before on A so I hope it's not tight N twisty (or rail grade boring) between there and Hearst.

7 hours ago, Garth said:

Did you run toward Hearst? I'm making Hearst for Lunch from Cochrane then back for my first day on Friday. I've actually not been West of Kap before on A so I hope it's not tight N twisty (or rail grade boring) between there and Hearst.

I turned around at kapuskasing.  Wasn't any fresh snow once top of the trail and they were rock hard. My Sliders wore real bad at the curve in the rails this year so scratches wouldn't have helped. I was checking my Sliders every 20 miles yesterday as they were that thin.

The club trails around moonbeam are really nice and we're in great condition on  Thursday. 

I would avoid the centre of timmins as well it was ice and rock. Could bypass around the edge of town.

10 hours ago, bladefever said:

Yes. 401 AMC power

I bet you remember when those things were new, drove like buck-boards.  You could get the 3.8, 4.2 or the dreaded 5 liter v-8.  My buddy the X 5 liter, it ended in a hurry when he through a rod through the block.....lol

• Like 1

I owned a Rambler Roque. 2 door hardtop, red with a factory vinyl top. It was my the third car I had owned. Awesome car, with a nice small V8 in it, and a factory 4 speed. Very rare care that I wished I would of kept.

No problem beating my buddies Dodge Dart with a 273. LOL 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

There were 2 guys in my high school with Gremlins. Both V8's with sticks.

The one guy was a friend and I rode around with him a few times. It was a fun little car. Dump the clutch and pull the front wheels off the ground.

I do love AMC , prob because my Dad was at Nash Motors on the Danforth in 51-55 .  And always love Javelins and AMX's . My brother had a Gremlin . 232 in it , and he put every option on that , Factory Mags etc . My Dad painted it dark grey metallic . Looked very cool ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

One of the guys in high school had a Javelin. It was one of the cars I would probably have liked to have but at that time I was driving a pickup to tow the horse trailer with.  

A close friend had a 71 AMX. Think he sold it for $3000 in the early 80's to please the wife....... Long story short he should have kept the AMX. No car and a few years later no wife........

On 11/03/2017 at 10:42 PM, Garth said:

The local trails above Hearst are worth checking out, lightly traveled always perfect, trail below Kap is a nice diversion, tighter.

I had a few quick cars way back. 67 Camaro SS, 66 Nova (SB), Vega (SB) and a 69 Barracuda (FB) 340. My brother had a 55 Chevy (454) and on our street and area we had all the muscle cars. I look at what they're asking for these cars and I'd have to sell the wife and house to buy one lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bladefever said:

A close friend had a 71 AMX. Think he sold it for $3000 in the early 80's to please the wife....... Long story short he should have kept the AMX. No car and a few years later no wife........

Who didn't see that comming.  Lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I had a few quick cars way back. 67 Camaro SS, 66 Nova (SB), Vega (SB) and a 69 Barracuda (FB) 340. My brother had a 55 Chevy (454) and on our street and area we had all the muscle cars. I look at what they're asking for these cars and I'd have to sell the wife and house to buy one lol

I had an 86 Mustang Gt and loved it.  Wife didn't really like it, but I got rid of it when it would have required too much work to keep it going.  Some guys also get rid of their wives when the maintenance is too much.  Lol. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I had an 86 Mustang Gt and loved it.  Wife didn't really like it, but I got rid of it when it would have required too much work to keep it going.  Some guys also get rid of their wives when the maintenance is too much.  Lol. 

I had an 85 Mustand GT 5 speed, my wife loved it. I remember being out for a walk and she was coming home from getting her nails done.  She saw me walking and lit up the tires coming off the light at an intersection.....I watched with a smile, I thought that was pretty cool.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I had an 85 Mustand GT 5 speed, my wife loved it. I remember being out for a walk and she was coming home from getting her nails done.  She saw me walking and lit up the tires coming off the light at an intersection.....I watched with a smile, I thought that was pretty cool.

I had an 85 GT as well. I was having problems with the carb and couldn't believe what they wanted for one so I bought the  Holley rebuild kit. Wife was pissed I was rebuilding it on the kitchen table

Edited by smokin george

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I had an 85 GT as well. I was having problems with the carb and couldn't believe what they wanted for one so I bought the  Holley rebuild kit. Wife was pissed I was rebuilding it on the kitchen table

I have seen more than 1 transmission in a bathtub.Oshawa comes to mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bladefever said:

I went to look at 73 AMX in the Schwa back in 96 , White with Black t hood stripe , Pierre Cardin interior , was in decent shape for 4 gs , should have bought it ......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I went to look at 73 AMX in the Schwa back in 96 , White with Black t hood stripe , Pierre Cardin interior , was in decent shape for 4 gs , should have bought it ......

The real AMX cars were 68 and 69. After that they were Javelins with an AMX trim.  I lost a nice 70 Javelin with the Mark Donahue special package by an hour a few years back.  Instead I got a nice 68 Barracuda out of South Carolina, sold it and bought a bunch of old Vettes......no time for old junk anymore......just a nice a nice SL 550 with the AMG trim package sitting in my garage waiting for May....

• Like 2