Winter 2017

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I thought the Polarii ran perfectly and trouble free......

Glenn, snow check a 2018 XRS. 

They do.

In referance to the XRS recommendation, What could possibly interest him in paying more for less machine?

10 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Up to 730miles. Had to limp back in to town this afternoon. Turns out the spark plugs need to be tight or it starts to detonate and goes into limp mode. 1700 miles after they were installed.

Meeting up with Kyle and rob in the morning.

IMG_20170309_123531.jpg

I've had to change plugs in both my Poo's mid season for fouled plugs.  

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I've had to change plugs in both my Poo's mid season for fouled plugs.  

We haven't had a 2 stroke in a while but I remember our 2 stroke doo's had a molded plastic holder for your spare plugs under the cowling. One time we stopped out on the ice of Georgian Bay and when we started up only one plug was firing. Good thing we had a wrench and spare plugs.

I encourage everyone to watch the first 3 minutes of the movie nocturnal animals. the rest of the move is 6.5 out of 10

i watched it during the winter of '17.  I didn't want to start a new thread for a movie review.

BTW the Logan movie was good, but I didnt like the end, sad, as he was the franchise. i think they didnt have the budget to do a good effects movie

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's stealing. 

But the Puzzler claims he is the only one here who doesn't steal......hmmmmm

No, I was the only one who DID admit to stealing in one form another. 

And the poll I ran on the old FS site, indicated that 85% of FS'ers were thieving liars!  Lol

In any case, I just borrow music and movies.  And if they turn out to be no good, I give them back.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Looks like the FS gang to me.....

FB_IMG_1489237468702.jpg

Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit. Aya... what's up doc? Sufferin succotash!. Yup I remember. Along with some other characters. Yabba dabba doo! and I'm smarter than the av-er-age bear!

Just talked to a buddy who is riding in the Haliburton Forest this weekend. He said they just air lifted a couple of sledders out that smashed into a tree. That would put an end to season in a hurry....hopefully no fatal injuries.

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Just talked to a buddy who is riding in the Haliburton Forest this weekend. He said they just air lifted a couple of sledders out that smashed into a tree. That would put an end to season in a hurry....hopefully no fatal injuries.

Been plenty of crashes in there over the years. We were in there last year and a lady ran into a warmup shack on a rental. They had to airlift her as she had some severe injuries

18 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Been plenty of crashes in there over the years. We were in there last year and a lady ran into a warmup shack on a rental. They had to airlift her as she had some severe injuries

Amazing, in the case you mention, they likely thought she was qualified without a check ride......we allow totally unqualified people to drive sleds.  But WTF we cater to the weakest link car drivers, so why not.....crash them all....

Edited by Poncho

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Amazing, in the case you mention, they likely thought she was qualified without a check ride......we allow totally unqualified people to drive sleds.  But WTF we cater to the weakest link car drivers, so why not.....crash them all....

I shouldn't laugh but they give you a crash course before setting you on your way.  A few years back a couple visiting from overseas went into the rhubarb and got hurt pretty good. They showed the husband the crash course and later that day he let his wife drive and I guess she lost it

Well the season is all wrapped up for me. 11xxmiles this week in 4.5 days riding. 2100 on the season.

Pretty sure I'll order a new one as 4200 miles 2 years old with 2 years warranty left is a good time to let it go. (As far as cost per year goes)

Sled has been alot more reliable then past 600s. Has had thumb warmer, and 1 snow flap rivet replaced. Put 2100 miles on both belts. 

• Like 4