Winter 2017

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Apparently absorbed by Scott.  No idea if they still sell those types of coats.

Correct.  They are rebranded as "Scott" today.   I dont see many people wearing it though.

FXR seems to have the lower priced gear market cornered and the guys who dont mind spending more wear Klim.  

12 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Heading to Cochrane in the morning for 5 nights. Meeting up with Kyle and rob on Thursday or Friday morning.

Nice. Friends of mine just got back from there yesterday. Conditions look perfect in their pics. I'm planning to head up on 17th

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep.  Sometimes you get what you pay for.  There is a reason they were $700 10 years ago. 

The belt is just a bonus. 

I guess if you sit in the basement typing on computer all weekend with the jacket hanging in closet then it will last extra long time.

Others actually wear their stuff they buy.

Lucky the belt is there to help hold the jacket on hanger.  Wouldnt want it to fall of hanger and wrinkle! 

41 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Heading to Cochrane in the morning for 5 nights. Meeting up with Kyle and rob on Thursday or Friday morning.

Have a good ride.   

Yeah...... I wouldn't know.  I was out riding this weekend, north of the park. 

Where did you ride this weekend, SKS?  Did the Klan have their annual get together? 

4 hours ago, Sksman said:

I guess if you sit in the basement typing on computer all weekend with the jacket hanging in closet then it will last extra long time.

Others actually wear their stuff they buy.

Lucky the belt is there to help hold the jacket on hanger.  Wouldnt want it to fall of hanger and wrinkle! 

Edited by Puzzleboy

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

Have fun.

High of +8 tomorrow in Cochrane. A high of -19 on Friday. What a screwed up winter this has been.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Have fun.

High of +8 tomorrow in Cochrane. A high of -19 on Friday. What a screwed up winter this has been.

Scratchers might be a must. Sounds like snow Wednesday and a small chance for a few days after. It looks to warm up quick overnight and cool  acknowledge down to zero by early afternoon tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yeah...... I wouldn't know.  I was out riding this weekend, north of the park. 

Where did you ride this weekend, SKS?  Did the Klan have their annual get together? 

Yes I would have invited you but...no queers allowed.

14 hours ago, Reevester said:

Scratchers might be a must. Sounds like snow Wednesday and a small chance for a few days after. It looks to warm up quick overnight and cool  acknowledge down to zero by early afternoon tomorrow. 

Can someone chime in directly after the freeze up and let us know if scratchers are going to be needed?

28 minutes ago, canuckrider said:

Can someone chime in directly after the freeze up and let us know if scratchers are going to be needed?

They will be. Traffic areas should be fine with loose snow. -23 and -27 Thursday and Friday nights will make anything that was groomed rock hard. 

31 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Another snowmobile related death around Bancroft. Anyone know the details about this one ?

Appears to be way to many this year.

just what is in the news:

"A Niagara-on-the-Lake man is dead after a snowmobile crash in Hastings Highlands.

The Bancroft OPP says Glenn Cook was killed when his snowmobile left the trail and hit a tree Sunday afternoon. The 62-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police continue to investigate.

This is the second snowmobile death the Bancroft OPP has investigated this winter."

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

just what is in the news:

"A Niagara-on-the-Lake man is dead after a snowmobile crash in Hastings Highlands.

The Bancroft OPP says Glenn Cook was killed when his snowmobile left the trail and hit a tree Sunday afternoon. The 62-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police continue to investigate.

This is the second snowmobile death the Bancroft OPP has investigated this winter."

CHEX said it was on a OFSC trail, nothing else in addition to the quoted.

1 hour ago, yarddawg said:

anybody who doesn't have a studded track is nuts.....imo

When asked my reply was.....

You have two choices. (1) Stop two ft before the tree..... Or (2) Stop two ft into the tree..... Your choice.........

FB_IMG_1485647908377.jpg

13 hours ago, bladefever said:

When asked my reply was.....

You have two choices. (1) Stop two ft before the tree..... Or (2) Stop two ft into the tree..... Your choice.........

FB_IMG_1485647908377.jpg

Not a trail sled. That crash has nothing to do with having a studded track and most likely from the rider falling off going up down a chute in the mountains.

54 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Not a trail sled. That crash has nothing to do with having a studded track and most likely from the rider falling off going up down a chute in the mountains.

True.... I just didn't have a pic of a trail sled taking on a tree.Same results in the end.......The tree wins