Winter 2017

7 minutes ago, Garth said:

You should take it for a spin.

Polaris has that one dialed in good, their best sled of 2016 IMO.

I'm still chasing it a little bit. I wrecked the stock skis last year and this fall put on c+a rzrs and put on the 2" fts from the xcr. Hopefully the last adjustment I made last night gets the balance back.

Stock they are just wicked through the twisties.  Way to soft shock valving on the rear skid though.

• Like 1

You should ride an in season 2016 S and see the difference, they are like two different machines.

It bet there is some steering effort with those C/A skis. I have SLT's on mine and a hygear spring on the FTS. I'm also trying to get the rear skid to be a bit more compliant, the one and only weakness of the machine if I had to pick something but it's soooo much better than the Proride.

4 hours ago, Garth said:

You should ride an in season 2016 S and see the difference, they are like two different machines.

It bet there is some steering effort with those C/A skis. I have SLT's on mine and a hygear spring on the FTS. I'm also trying to get the rear skid to be a bit more compliant, the one and only weakness of the machine if I had to pick something but it's soooo much better than the Proride.

You should try the XCR, about perfect imo

I would like to for sure. Have you ridden the LE? I have alot of miles on it and the in season S and the difference in ride and handling is very pronounced. I would not have believed it if not experienced first hand.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

sorry to interrupt this polaris love fest.

First time on snow in over 5 weeks.

IMG_1947.thumb.JPG.180f8519d03fdeeac75c367441a0302e.JPG

Actually it looks great Tim.......ride like the wind Friday....it's going to get real warm....hopefully the snow lives down your way.

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Actually it looks great Tim.......ride like the wind Friday....it's going to get real warm....hopefully the snow lives down your way.

We are in Orillia today. Going to Gravenhurst tomorrow for the PET Ride Saturday. Supposed to ride in the Snowcrest Poker Run Sunday but I suspect we will be heading home.

Likely be the end of the season for us.

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We are in Orillia today. Going to Gravenhurst tomorrow for the PET Ride Saturday. Supposed to ride in the Snowcrest Poker Run Sunday but I suspect we will be heading home.

Likely be the end of the season for us.

Hope not, but enjoy the ride.  I bet the temp drops in 6 days.....north riding will be possible

8 hours ago, Thinksno said:

-22C this am.  Back to truck by 5pm then home to load up with wife and head to Blue Spuce for a few days. Good times

Just got back from a week at the Blue Spruce.

Man did we hit right, perfect conditions all week.

image.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/15/2017 at 6:42 PM, smokin george said:

We are going riding Fri morn before all trails get fubared around here

Made it out to Port Perry by 8:30 this morning and there was already someone there that had already left. As we were unloading, another guy pulled in. My son and I (his first ride in 2 yrs) left around 8:45 and headed east. The trails were in  great shape! Made it the Ganny and experienced pretty much the same conditions as last Friday, although slightly rougher in  a few sections.

As we stopped for our first break, about 5-7 sleds in one group went by then another small group. In all honesty,  in all my years riding the Ganny on a Friday, I have never seen the amount of sleds as I seen today! I work 4-10's, with Friday being my day off, but I imagine there was a lot sick calls into people's places of employment today! About 15 or so trucks and trailers when we arrived back to Port. Most Fridays, I am lucky if I see another. 

120 or so Km's, and my first ride with my son in 2yrs, equalled a great day! :thumb:

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, irv said:

Made it out to Port Perry by 8:30 this morning and there was already someone there that had already left. As we were unloading, another guy pulled in. My son and I (his first ride in 2 yrs) left around 8:45 and headed east. The trails were in  great shape! Made it the Ganny and experienced pretty much the same conditions as last Friday, although slightly rougher in  a few sections.

As we stopped for our first break, about 5-7 sleds in one group went by then another small group. In all honesty,  in all my years riding the Ganny on a Friday, I have never seen the amount of sleds as I seen today! I work 4-10's, with Friday being my day off, but I imagine there was a lot sick calls into people's places of employment today! About 15 or so trucks and trailers when we arrived back to Port. Most Fridays, I am lucky if I see another. 

120 or so Km's, and my first ride with my son in 2yrs, equalled a great day! :thumb:

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

Awesome Dale! We had a pretty good today other than one sled just dying on the trail.it blew the main fuse and was dead.i jerry rigged the fuse but wouldn't fire so we towed him out. We put on 280kms on pristine trails and had a blast with alot of laughs.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, irv said:

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

good to see you getting some miles on.