Winter 2017

44 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Dare I ask.....how do you know this wanker?....

They went to the same high school and were acquaintances  of my older brother and sister . 

His brother comes by one day , I must have been ten , on this red bike . He says to impress my sister , here you can have it . So I'm riding it down at Yonge and Sheppard , and some older kid comes up with his friends , screaming " that's my bike " . I froze , he described every detail about it sayin if I didn't give it back they'd beat the shit out of me.  They got the bike back , and I walked home . Sister was pissed at him . Typical Timlek . 

Edited by StevieWonder

On 09/02/2017 at 8:42 PM, StevieWonder said:

They went to the same high school and were acquaintances  of my older brother and sister . 

His brother comes by one day , I must have been ten , on this red bike . He says to impress my sister , here you can have it . So I'm riding it down at Yonge and Sheppard , and some older kid comes up with his friends , screaming " that's my bike " . I froze , he described every detail about it sayin if I didn't give it back they'd beat the shit out of me.  They got the bike back , and I walked home . Sister was pissed at him . Typical Timlek . 

On 09/02/2017 at 8:42 PM, StevieWonder said:

You got away lucky, they enjoyed giving a good beating. Good Timlek story, was that Olivia aka Marianne?

Many stories on those guys, I can't remember anymore.

Edited by JohnnyB

Yeah they were always trying to impress her , she didnt care , and she could handle herself as you know lol .

They we're always fighting , beating on people , got to the point no one wanted to know them .  They reminded me of Matt McConaughey loser character in Dazed and Confused , working off a rep and having younger hang around's to prop themselves up . 

Edited by StevieWonder

10 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Wasaga got slammed last night with close to a foot last night. More on the way today via an Alberta clipper.  Much needed around here. 

Nice!

Anyone know how Port Perry faired out last night? We got 4-5 CM's of fluff here in Oshawa. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

12 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

scrapers if i rememer correct. marc was friends with steve. when i saw the name and read the post i imagined 02 saying that to his face and then bending down looking for his front teeth on the ground 

6 hours ago, irv said:

Nice!

Anyone know how Port Perry faired out last night? We got 4-5 CM's of fluff here in Oshawa. 

Port hardly got anything compared to Oshawa. Maybe a couple cm's?

Trails from Port to the Ganny are pretty icy/hard but thanks to those couple CM's or I would have returned home. Conditions improved the closer you got to the Ganny but if you don't have studs and sharp carbides, don't go! :thumbsdown:

If I were to do it again, I'd unload at the Ganny and skip Port. 

Surprisingly, the Ganny is excellent for the most part. I was the first on many freshly groomed trails and had a blast for my first ride of the year. +7 tomorrow so take advantage now. 

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, smokin george said:

We did a 225km loop today and couldn't of asked for a better day. Trails were ok for the most part , food was good at the Algonquin in Wilberforce.  Might be getting another bunch of snow today

That's a good ride, George!

We likely got 15+ CM's here all toll so hopefully PP got at least that amount.

I assume the trails were busy? I don't think I would have wanted to be in the Ganny today!

5 minutes ago, irv said:

That's a good ride, George!

We likely got 15+ CM's here all toll so hopefully PP got at least that amount.

I assume the trails were busy? I don't think I would have wanted to be in the Ganny today!

The sleds we saw were basically spread out so it wasn't too bad. Twin Mountains had the best trails that we ran over.we got another good dumping today and looks like we'll be going riding on Fri before the weekend gets crazy

I picked it up this weekend in Quebec. i'm not a fan of the 7 foot wide trailers. my 7x23 is ok for 3 sleds. but i dont want to squeeze 4 in there on a regular basis. so i bought this. I picked up a fourth sled (blown - 06 600 sdi) or a fifth sled if you include the blown phazer i have. this tows fantastic. just like a 10 footer. i think i need a 4' drop hitch for my 7x23. my 7x23 doesnt tow well empty. but 3 inside and 1 in the back of the truck it tows better. i think it is hitch height. 

Nice trailer taillight.  I hear you on the 7' thing...... I don't know why anybody would want one.  As long as the trailers are level, they should tow fine with adequate tongue weight (10% min).  Use whatever drawbar gets you close. 

What's a rig like that worth?  And what's the floor to ceiling height? 

Hopefully nobody shoots at the moose or bear....... :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

Looks like Fuzzy blew a corner at 8mph on his RX-Tonne. 

And you guys say Doos are weak.  The bark is barely scratched, and sheared the front end off of the machine.  A lesson to Yamaha about inertia.  :)

Is it Puzzler's birthday?  He's going to love that pic.

Edited by Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

Good thing he had his seat belt on.

Kinda weird how there is zero hood damage, but the complete front end is missing.

Anyone know what happened, and how the driver made out injury wise ? 

Hey Puzzler, I,ve updated to the new Cat chassis, which works great, but I do still have an Apex RTX as well, which sits in my garage and looks pretty.

Looks like Fuzzy blew a corner at 8mph on his RX-Tonne. 

And you guys say Doos are weak.  The bark is barely scratched, and sheared the front end off of the machine.  A lesson to Yamaha about inertia.  :)

Is it Puzzler's birthday?  He's going to love that pic.