Winter 2017

45 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Its not a standard 6205.. almost but the outside is tapered. Polaris wants $60, I guess ill just do that if I cant find one cheaper. 3514617 is the part number. I am glad I didn't try and drive it back to the truck and muck up anything else, makes an easy repair

Transfer Case Rear Output Shaft Bearing

Back to Results

Front

Part:UBS 6205J

Product Line:NAPA Bearings / Seals

List price
Your Cost
Unit
 : 
 : 
 : 

Each

Store:0
DC Qty:4

Qty to Add

Features & Benefits

Ball, Open, Angular Contact for Load Distribution, Ground Surfaces for Longer Life

Attributes

T/C Output Shaft Bearing I.D. : 0.9843"
T/C Output Shaft Bearing O.D. : 2.0472"
T/C Output Shaft Bearing Width : 0.5906"
A/C Compressor Bearing I.D. : 0.9843"
A/C Compressor Bearing O.D. : 2.0472"
A/C Compressor Bearing Width : 0.5906"
Contents : Ball
Driveshaft Bearing I.D. : .9843 in.
Driveshaft Bearing O.D. : 2.0472 in.
Driveshaft Bearing Width : .5906 in.
Packaging : Boxed
Pinion Bearing I.D. : .9843"
Pinion Bearing O.D. : 2.0472"
Pinion Bearing Width : .5906"
Trans Countershaft Bearing I.D. : .9843"
Trans Countershaft Bearing O.D. : 2.0472"
Trans Countershaft Bearing Width : .5906"
Trans Rear Bearing I.D. : 0.9843"
Trans Rear Bearing O.D. : 2.0472"
Trans Rear Bearing Width : 0.5906"

Warranty

Limited 12 Months
More taper than this? Noticed it is an open bearing design.

http://s7d9.scene7.com/s7/zoom/flasht_zoom.jsp?company=GenuinePartsCompany&sku=91088&config=GenuinePartsCompany/GPC-DBLCLK-ZOOM&locale=en&vc=image=GenuinePartsCompany/91088

Edited by lastzrt

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

Exactly, most sledders just ride and do little or no maintenance or have little understanding of the mechanical requirements.

FYI, don't grease until you see grease unless you are servicing suspension axle shafts or 1968 Ford Mustangs....lol 

The single bearing Steve6 is referring too is located on the axle.  The cover shown in his picture might already have a grease fitting on it (my 14 Indy had a fitting) if it does I believe the servicing requirement was every 500 miles or so, with a caution not to over grease..  The dumb thing is, those are sealed bearing so greasing really does nothing.....

My point was and the easy fix now that it is apart.  Pop the seal in protected area so it can be easily serviced by grease..  Leave the exposed side sealed.  

It would be one grease fitting that would require grease every month or 500 miles....I could see why that would be a challenge for you.

yes very challenging for me.

Maybe you could describe how the big tube thingy of grease gets into that little fitting.   Shake it over top?  Or just rub it on?

3 hours ago, yarddawg said:

Seriously, you mean I have to carry a grease gun in my saddle bags now.......lol

Common Man!

Yep I keep one at the cottage and in the trailer.  It's a requirement, page 80 of the owners manual - lube every 500 miles.

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I used to grease my ZR's as soon as they hit the trailer. First a squish of water would come out, then milky grease and another pump to get clean stuff in there. Never did a track shaft bearing.

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

yes very challenging for me.

Maybe you could describe how the big tube thingy of grease gets into that little fitting.   Shake it over top?  Or just rub it on?

LOL...Rubbing is good.  Attached is a reference to the drive shaft bearing lubrication task in the Poo owners manual, every 500 miles.  This doesn't apply to all Poo's but some models have the fitting, my XCR does not.  Other manufacturers require to do a lubrication task as well.  Over the past 40 years I've had about four of those bearings fail.  The one that failed on my 09 XP800 really surprised me, the machine was a year old. 

!cid_image005_jpg@01D2764C.jpg

Edited by Poncho

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

Hopefully the groomers roll out tonight. 80 miles on the seguin and D south. Some good some shit. 

20170124_134727.jpg

20170124_145318.jpg

Rode that same stretch on Sunday. It was rough and mashed potatoey as hell. Some cold and a groomer should fix er up. 

33 minutes ago, Sedz said:

Rode that same stretch on Sunday. It was rough and mashed potatoey as hell. Some cold and a groomer should fix er up. 

Yep a week with some cold and snow it will be prime. Be a nice rock hard ice base too. 

On 24/01/2017 at 11:52 AM, steve6 said:

Its not a standard 6205.. almost but the outside is tapered. Polaris wants $60, I guess ill just do that if I cant find one cheaper. 3514617 is the part number. I am glad I didn't try and drive it back to the truck and muck up anything else, makes an easy repair

Didn't Arctic cat use a radial version of the 6205 brg in their chain case. Thru the 80's

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

@Reevester are you still up there?  debating on coming this weekend or not.  Wondering what its like.  

It's pretty good. Some hazards but nothing crazy. Almaguin trails were pretty awesome considering. Groomers are out like crazy fill in holes and creeks. I'm up again maybe next weekend and for sure the following one. 

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

It's pretty good. Some hazards but nothing crazy. Almaguin trails were pretty awesome considering. Groomers are out like crazy fill in holes and creeks. I'm up again maybe next weekend and for sure the following one. 

Must be nice.  

I am hoping to get up this weekend.