OFSC Trail Pass

Poncho

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

yes.  up to wood lake I believe.  That trail never opened at all the year before.  Steve came from ghurst with the pisten bully to help pack and fill in low spots.  That's the only time a groomes touched the trail from buck lake (trail 3) to wood lake in 2 years

That area is a long way from Ghurst or Baysville for either club. Has always been a bit of hit/miss for years. Tough for both clubs. 

So.... weather?

3 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Trail has some good swampy areas on it.  Pete, 007pilon and myself opened it last year in Mid February.  It never got groomed and was shut down maybe 1-2 weeks after we opened it.

What is gained by all you sledders waiting til the last hour of the last day to buy your early bird permit ?

Are your finances that tight that you got to wait til the last minute, or are you guys always last minute types ?

Certainly cann,t be that you are trying to get an extra couple days interest before spending 200 bucks for a trail permit.

25 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

What is gained by all you sledders waiting til the last hour of the last day to buy your early bird permit ?

Are your finances that tight that you got to wait til the last minute, or are you guys always last minute types ?

Certainly cann,t be that you are trying to get an extra couple days interest before spending 200 bucks for a trail permit.

The Kijiji guy was supposed to have a few thousand done by Oct 31.....he couldn't deliver and cost difference is only a couple of bucks so most went the legal way.  That simple.

oh and sledders are cheap so it takes a miracle to withdraw 200 bucks

48 minutes ago, Poncho said:

The Kijiji guy was supposed to have a few thousand done by Oct 31.....he couldn't deliver and cost difference is only a couple of bucks so most went the legal way.  That simple.

oh and sledders are cheap so it takes a miracle to withdraw 200 bucks

When I talked to him. He said his printer crashed.... He's now offering a 3 for 2 special. More competition for the OFSC.  Pick up only just like the old days.......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

That area is a long way from Ghurst or Baysville for either club. Has always been a bit of hit/miss for years. Tough for both clubs. 

Up until recently there was a large industrial groomer based not much more than 5 miles from my house as the crow flies. This section of trail is less remote than the top end of Wood Lake is for the Happy Wanderers in fact.

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

So.... weather?

Partially.  Lack of groomer operators as well as a lack political will to get said groomers and operators out this way factors large as well.  We're it not for some very discouraged permit buyers making their voices heard last year the trail wouldn't have even been packed. We're not talking about a backwoods club trail either - it's TOP B trail.

25 minutes ago, bladefever said:

When I talked to him. He said his printer crashed.... He's now offering a 3 for 2 special. More competition for the OFSC.  Pick up only just like the old days.......

OK, so same pick up place, thanks. When I spoke to him last he was purchasing a non-descript white van with Alberta plates.

12 minutes ago, Poncho said:

OK, so same pick up place, thanks. When I spoke to him last he was purchasing a non-descript white van with Alberta plates.

Yeah he's got the white van.... Sounds like a bad wrist pin while it's running...... Has that same sound as an 850 before a rod breaks thru the cases.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I got my two tonight, sometime around 3 pm the site started working 100%. I go away in October and its been a busy month with moving etc etc.. so I waited until two days ago and the site started sucking donkey balls. 

2 hours ago, bladefever said:

Yup , said the same to me , and he should have next years ready within a few weeks 

• Like 1

We do it just to draw Fuzzy out of the shadows....

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

That must be a terrible sound. 

Just got the new Royal Catalogue.  Seems they've stocked up on the Polaris "Reliability" Kits for incorrect wall clearances, etc.  Strangely, no 850 engine kits.....

3 hours ago, bladefever said:

Yeah he's got the white van.... Sounds like a bad wrist pin while it's running...... Has that same sound as an 850 before a rod breaks thru the cases.....

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Got the email this morning that my permits were shipped today.

Funny, cause my permits have been sitting on my desk here since Thursday.

I got the exact same thing....made we wonder if I'm getting two permits!

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If you want... I can PM you the Kijiji guy's pager number..... I'm sure he could use a new permit number to boost his sales

Plus, you can get a fresh Shawarma or Jerk Chicken, while he's warming up his InkJet....

5 hours ago, bladefever said:

If you want... I can PM you the Kijiji guy's pager number..... I'm sure he could use a new permit number to boost his sales

On 11/6/2017 at 7:30 AM, Blackstar said:

I received "2" e-mails the other morning. Thing is, they were likely already at the PO as I had received a P/U notification about a week ago but didn't think it was them as I don't recall paying for the Priority/Registered Shipping?

I just came back from the PO and sure enough, it was my permits. I checked my permit receipt and it shows I paid the $10 for registered shipping? I remember when I was applying for them and seeing that option that I said to myself, I have never had a problem in the past so no need to worry about that now. Guess I must have clicked on it but I honestly didn't think I did? Regardless, glad they are now in my possession and ready to be put on the sleds. :bc:

17 minutes ago, irv said:

I received "2" e-mails the other morning. Thing is, they were likely already at the PO as I had received a P/U notification about a week ago but didn't think it was them as I don't recall paying for the Priority/Registered Shipping?

I just came back from the PO and sure enough, it was my permits. I checked my permit receipt and it shows I paid the $10 for registered shipping? I remember when I was applying for them and seeing that option that I said to myself, I have never had a problem in the past so no need to worry about that now. Guess I must have clicked on it but I honestly didn't think I did? Regardless, glad they are now in my possession and ready to be put on the sleds. :bc:

You had to click on it this year to de-select the 10 dollar tracking.  Kind of a dirty trick if you ask me

53 minutes ago, irv said:

This year the default was to charge you for tracked shipping. If you didn't want it you had to specifically deselect the box for tracked shipping.

50 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

You had to click on it this year to de-select the 10 dollar tracking. Kind of a dirty trick if you ask me

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

This year the default was to charge you for tracked shipping. If you didn't want it you had to specifically deselect the box for tracked shipping.

I didn't know that! And you're right, that is a dirty trick! >:(