OFSC Trail Pass

Poncho

8 hours ago, Pete Z said:

I hear ya, and we're it not for trailering last year I wouldn't have logged more than 100 miles.  The problem is that I am in the situation where really I can only swing day trips which makes it tough. I live on the snowmobile trail and it basically hasn't opened in two years.

Trailer to my place. Our trails were pretty good

I guess the data from the last few years that clearly sure a huge amount of movement on the last day, was not helpful.... Lol.

People must have faith in the long term winter forecast.....good for the clubs and the ofsc to have some early cash!

Hopefully it is a good season, in many parts :bc:

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I guess the data from the last few years that clearly sure a huge amount of movement on the last day, was not helpful.... Lol.

People must have faith in the long term winter forecast.....good for the clubs and the ofsc to have some early cash!

Hopefully it is a good season, in many parts :bc:

80% plus of regular season permits have always been sold at the early season discounted price even back when it was only Dec 1st. 

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

80% plus of regular season permits have always been sold at the early season discounted price even back when it was only Dec 1st. 

Thinking optimistically perhaps that 80% of regular season permits actually is a much larger number than last year with even more people buying permits.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:45 PM, Pete Z said:

Still on the fence whether I'm going to buy permits now or wait and see what the winter brings. If I don't buy early,  it will be the first time ever that I haven't.

This is my deciding year.  If it doesn't snow I'm out and if it does I'm upgrading my sled next year.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Thinking optimistically perhaps that 80% of regular season permits actually is a much larger number than last year with even more people buying permits.

No idea on recent permit sale trends. 

6 hours ago, Renegade X said:

This is my deciding year.  If it doesn't snow I'm out and if it does I'm upgrading my sled next year.  

I broke down and ordered two this morning (no problem making the online purchase  at 5 am BTW), however this too will be my deciding year. If the trail out back doesn't open again this season that will literally be strike number three and I'll be selling off the new sleds and enclosed trailer next fall. I will always have a bush sled or two to beat around the 'hood on the local backwoods trails, but I will be done with OFSC "organized" snowmobiling. 

• Like 1

Website is completely fucked.  Silly thing is, there's no mention of their IT issue on their homepage, just redirects and goose chases.  The only way I found any info, was going into the Districts.  There, there's a mention of Facebook stuff on Parry Sound's link....

Seems like the Facebook crowd is sympathetic to the issues..... :)

ofsc.jpeg

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

Than that settles it, it will be an amazing year in Ontario for winter enthusiasts....to keep those fence walkers on board!

Here's hoping. However I'm hedging my bets and not sticking the permits on the sleds until the local trails open. If I'm still waiting for that to happen towards the end of January, they will be getting posted on Kijiji. 

50 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Here's hoping. However I'm hedging my bets and not sticking the permits on the sleds until the local trails open. If I'm still waiting for that to happen towards the end of January, they will be getting posted on Kijiji. 

Hopefully it's a bit better this year and we get some cold temps. I couldn't get to the cabin from home last winter because it not being open for long by you and gravenhurst. 

Rob was telling me he came out to help you guys bust open the trail late in the season last year. 

Glenn better get out there and break open trails with the new xcr. Let us know if you need a hand again Im game for helping out whenever I can. I need to see this 12 for 12 live the videos look awesome. :lol:

:bc:

21 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Hopefully it's a bit better this year and we get some cold temps. I couldn't get to the cabin from home last winter because it not being open for long by you and gravenhurst. 

Rob was telling me he came out to help you guys bust open the trail late in the season last year. 

Glenn better get out there and break open trails with the new xcr. Let us know if you need a hand again Im game for helping out whenever I can. I need to see this 12 for 12 live the videos look awesome. :lol:

:bc:

Website is still fucked. Not looking forward to trying tonight when every idiot and their brother is trying to buy.

Why didn't your local trails open?

16 hours ago, Pete Z said:

I broke down and ordered two this morning (no problem making the online purchase  at 5 am BTW), however this too will be my deciding year. If the trail out back doesn't open again this season that will literally be strike number three and I'll be selling off the new sleds and enclosed trailer next fall. I will always have a bush sled or two to beat around the 'hood on the local backwoods trails, but I will be done with OFSC "organized" snowmobiling. 

3 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Trail has some good swampy areas on it.  Pete, 007pilon and myself opened it last year in Mid February.  It never got groomed and was shut down maybe 1-2 weeks after we opened it.

Is that a Snowcrest trail back there? :dunno: 

14 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Is that a Snowcrest trail back there? :dunno: 

yes.  up to wood lake I believe.  That trail never opened at all the year before.  Steve came from ghurst with the pisten bully to help pack and fill in low spots.  That's the only time a groomes touched the trail from buck lake (trail 3) to wood lake in 2 years

Edited by 04nightfire