Royal Distributing and Kimpex in a dispute

04nightfire

2 hours ago, atc said:

Might want to read what wrote again. 

To get setup with a Canadian distributor you must have a store front. Sure there are some ways around it by going to the states. But even then alot of the big distributors down there first thing they ask is pics of your operation.  Fort9 has been a bit of an exception but apparently they had a store front at some point.

Hmm... the world is changing. How do you explain Wayfair.ca... no store front but sells lots of things for your home, online only. Personally I wouldn't buy furniture and not have the opportunity to sit on it etc. but like I said the world is changing. A friend of our sells all things wedding related online only. Never had a store front ever. Most of what she sells is shipped direct from the manufacturer / distributor to the end customer. There are others that have warehouses but never had a store front. I used to buy all kinds of technology here in Canada from resellers that never have had a store front either.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Hmm... the world is changing. How do you explain Wayfair.ca... no store front but sells lots of things for your home, online only. Personally I wouldn't buy furniture and not have the opportunity to sit on it etc. but like I said the world is changing. A friend of our sells all things wedding related online only. Never had a store front ever. Most of what she sells is shipped direct from the manufacturer / distributor to the end customer. There are others that have warehouses but never had a store front. I used to buy all kinds of technology here in Canada from resellers that never have had a store front either.

I wasn't referring to other retail. I was referring to powersports related retail.

Yes all other retail a different story. 

16 hours ago, bladefever said:

Always thought Royal started out as a Yamaha dealer. Think it was Royal City Cycle in Guelph. At that time it was strictly cheap Soucy parts. Great for fixing the old Snow Prince or Ski Whiz.....

16 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Wasn't it Royal City Cycle ? 

Just what part of the above didn't you understand, Stevie? :lol:

6 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Oh it went “pop” the first weekend at the cottage!  Every time I go past the spot where it blew I think about it. :lol:  I was so pissed. I was 16 and bought the damn thing myself. It was my last Yamaha. 

Red, it's time to put that behind you and move on! :ps:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, irv said:

Just what part of the above didn't you understand, Stevie? :lol:

Red, it's time to put that behind you and move on! :ps:

Well it’s too late now. Yamaha doesn’t even make sleds anymore. They had to hire Textron to do it for them. :lol: 

50 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Well it’s too late now. Yamaha doesn’t even make sleds anymore. They had to hire Textron to do it for them. :lol: 

:lol:Nice try, Textron bought out Cat, not Yamaha. Going forward, it's hard to say what will happen with Yamaha snowmobiles, especially now that the partnership with Cat is in jeopardy, but I don't believe Yamaha is going anywhere just yet. http://www.snowmobile.com/blog/2017/02/what-happens-after-textrons-purchase-of-arctic-cat.html

16 minutes ago, irv said:

:lol:Nice try, Textron bought out Cat, not Yamaha. Going forward, it's hard to say what will happen with Yamaha snowmobiles, especially now that the partnership with Cat is in jeopardy, but I don't believe Yamaha is going anywhere just yet. http://www.snowmobile.com/blog/2017/02/what-happens-after-textrons-purchase-of-arctic-cat.html

The one thing yami does well is engines.

2 hours ago, irv said:

No shit. Textron bought Cat and they build sleds for Yamaha. Well, unless you want a 10 year old chassis that was bottom of the pack even back then. The good thing Is you can buy a brand new sled just like yours - and it's still the same. :lol: 

Edited by The Rocket

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

No shit. Textron bought Cat and they build sleds for Yamaha. Well, unless you want a 10 year old chassis that was bottom of the pack even back then. The good thing Is you can buy a brand new sled just like yours - and it's still the same. :lol: 

Why change perfection? Unlike PooPoo's, who has to keep going back to the drawing board, once Yamaha achieves something great, they stick with it. I'm thankful you had a small part in that, Red. With your sled, that you bought with your own money, that blew up on you, Yamaha learned from that and improved on it.  Thanks for helping out! :bc:

1 hour ago, irv said:

Why change perfection? Unlike PooPoo's, who has to keep going back to the drawing board, once Yamaha achieves something great, they stick with it. I'm thankful you had a small part in that, Red. With your sled, that you bought with your own money, that blew up on you, Yamaha learned from that and improved on it.  Thanks for helping out! :bc:

:lol: The only thing Yamaha has learned is that everyone (including Cat) build a better sled than that can. That had to be humbling for the tuning fork crew. Christ - I’m surprised some Yamaha engineers didn’t commit hara-kiri over it. 

I think he meant "no legislation", and there isn't.  Any distributor's corporate policy, is entirely different.  But remember, that type of vendor protectionism was ushered in long before mass internet sales.

In short- it will change.  Bye-bye storefronts. 

14 hours ago, atc said:

Might want to read what wrote again. 

To get setup with a Canadian distributor you must have a store front. Sure there are some ways around it by going to the states. But even then alot of the big distributors down there first thing they ask is pics of your operation.  Fort9 has been a bit of an exception but apparently they had a store front at some point.

Edited by Puzzleboy

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I think he meant "no legislation", and there isn't.  Any distributor's corporate policy, is entirely different.  But remember, that type of vendor protectionism was ushered in long before mass internet sales.

In short- it will change.  Bye-bye storefronts. 

I agree.