Shelter dog

Tomas.

Looking for opinions on getting a dog from the shelter. The other half and I are thinking about but not sure on getting a dog. We like the idea but there is a lot of variables involved and a shelter dog just puts those through the roof. I was hoping for some experiences and knowledge on the subject. Here is the dog in question. Now I didn't take these photos and I have never seen the dog in person. These are taken by my peer pressuring bil and sil.

sketch-1508698360897.png

Resized_20171022_123529~2.jpg

Resized_20171022_121819.jpg

Screenshot_2017-10-22-12-56-35.png

Screenshot_2017-10-22-12-56-45.png

Screenshot_2017-10-22-12-57-17.png

• Like 1

Now it says this dog is apparently is not a big indoor dog. But I like to be able to  leave the dog at home and not worry. Have sleep inside at night. Not a huge fan of strictly outdoor dogs

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Now it says this dog is apparently is not a big indoor dog. But I like to be able to  leave the dog at home and not worry. Have sleep inside at night. Not a huge fan of strictly outdoor dogs

You need to find a dog that will suit your lifestyle or neither you or the dog will be happy but keep looking at shelters as you will find one.:thumb:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Go get that dog and give her a chance.  Our last one was 100% outside when we got him.  It took a bit of time and he went back and forth for a while but he started to love being inside with us.  Get a kennel and let her out to sleep or just have some outside time of need be.  These neglected animals deserved better than what they were given.  It's great you are looking to adopt.  It's just plain the right thing to do...and the dogs (or cats) really, REALLY appreciate a good home.

We can't save them all...but, we should do all we can to save what we can.

:bc:

• Like 3

dude....honestly. Ask questions about how to fix a faucet or which way an a-arm goes on.Those questions are fine.  This thread is about the same as asking how to wipe your own ass. Go see the dog....if its nice take it home. Sweet fuck

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

Well we are going to the shelter in a little bit. Will report back with more info

If you decide to jump in...and I hope you do.  Remember to go slow and give her time.  As sad as it is, "mans best friend" has had to learn to be suspicious of humans...and scared of them.  Sadest thing in the world.  

Good luck!  :bc:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

dude....honestly. Ask questions about how to fix a faucet or which way an a-arm goes on.Those questions are fine.  This thread is about the same as asking how to wipe your own ass. Go see the dog....if its nice take it home. Sweet fuck

You really need to tell your god damned boyfriend to return some favors.  Stop being such a pathetic little Antifa wanna be bitch.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

You really need to tell your god damned boyfriend to return some favors.  Stop being such a pathetic little Antifa wanna be bitch.

No kidding.....I mean for the love of God let us talk about shelter dogs without the standard Bennytoomany rant. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

No kidding.....I mean for the love of God let us talk about shelter dogs without the standard Bennytoomany rant. :lol:

Well come on man ....Tomas has been here asking us how to fucking brush his teeth and wipe his ass for years. He aint 10 years old. Fucking A

Well come on man ....Tomas has been here asking us how to fucking brush his teeth and wipe his ass for years. He aint 10 years old. Fucking A

Maybe you need to head over to TBP and get into a  face punching contest with AMG...both of you so filled with anger. :ylsuper:

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Haha 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Maybe you need to head over to TBP and get into face punching contest with AMG...both of you so filled with anger. :ylsuper:

I'm filled with awesome today !!!!!!!!!!11111

it really takes weeks or longer for a dog coming to a new situation to get comfortable and the full personality to come out . all of the shelter dogs we have had and the ones we have fostered have been grateful to be in the better situation and been very loyal .  

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Tomas pay no attention to the surly IronRangerHoosier......please keep us apprised of the situation. :thumb:

Appraised of the situation for sure.......I love when people here get new dogs.

But for fucks sakes quit being such a canadian pussy and make the simple decision without direction from others!!!!!!1111 

Its like Nooks hate being individuals 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

it really takes weeks or longer for a dog coming to a new situation to get comfortable and the full personality to come out . all of the shelter dogs we have had and the ones we have fostered have been grateful to be in the better situation and been very loyal .  

The only dogs I have ever had have come home from the breeder at 11-12 weeks. The current one is a designer dog....ie ....not a purebred. I dont think I will own another AKC dog as they have significant genetic issues and its likely due to hidden inbreeding in the bloodlines.

I love all dogs....shelter dogs and mutts can certainly be some of the best dogs. They are mans best friend for sure

Just now, f7ben said:

Appraised of the situation for sure.......I love when people here get new dogs.

But for fucks sakes quit being such a canadian pussy and make the simple decision without direction from others!!!!!!1111 

Its like Nooks hate being individuals 

in what world is getting a new pet a simple situation ? in what world is it not ok to ask people about there situation and experiences with shelter dogs  especially if he has never had one?  no best to go in blind then figure out it may be more than he was willing to take on then the dog goes back gets more fucked in the head already having having separation anxiety making it that much harder to place . you truly are a ignorant fuck who need to keep his cock hole shut when you have nothing to add . you know like 90% of the time . good god are you a worthless cock sucker   

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

in what world is getting a new pet a simple situation ? in what world is it not ok to ask people about there situation and experiences with shelter dogs  especially if he has never had one?  no best to go in blind then figure out it may be more than he was willing to take on then the dog goes back gets more fucked in the head already having having separation anxiety making it that much harder to place . you truly are a ignorant fuck who need to keep his cock hole shut when you have nothing to add . you know like 90% of the time . good god are you a worthless cock sucker   

its a fucking dog....it doesnt matter if it was a shelter dog or a stray or a purebred.......

Go see the fucking dog and if you like it take it home.....the end

I understand you are a dumb man Ezra.....but sweet fuck you dont need your hand held with every single decision 

its a fucking dog....it doesnt matter if it was a shelter dog or a stray or a purebred.......

Go see the fucking dog and if you like it take it home.....the end

I understand you are a dumb man Ezra.....but sweet fuck you dont need your hand held with every single decision 

You should really ask for more advice or "hand holding" from now on.  From what I've been reading, you make really poor decisions on your own.

:lol:

Phagut.