How bad a shape is the Republican Party in?

27 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

When the Republican President has to drag the Republican majority leader O’Connell out to a rose garden press conference to say they are pals and are getting along swell.

What a clusterfuck. 

Maybe they shouldve worn lab coats and stethoscopes

Edited by MiSledder

• Platinum Contributing Member

Best part is when Trump asked Mitch if he got money from the large drug companies.  :lol:   

I'd love to see a dem do that to someone in his own party.

Best thing about Trump is he is doing what he thinks is best not the party.   He should be applauded for that.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Best part is when Trump asked Mitch if he got money from the large drug companies.  :lol:   

I'd love to see a dem do that to someone in his own party.

Best thing about Trump is he is doing what he thinks is best not the party.   He should be applauded for that.  

It would be admirable if what he thought was best wasn’t fucked in most cases.

I am struggling to tell if Trump is forcing congress’ hand by some of his exec orders. Especially on DACA and healthcare. He pulls the rug out after they fail to act. The exec order comes in fucked like in healthcare and almost forces them to work bipartisan. If he gets real DACA and healthcare action done because of it that is bipartisan, he deserves some credit whether that was his intention or not. Kinda an interesting tactic. His actions hurt his base more than anything when you think about it. So if Congress comes through he somehow pulls a win out. Intriguing. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

When the Republican President has to drag the Republican majority leader O’Connell out to a rose garden press conference to say they are pals and are getting along swell.

What a clusterfuck. 

Do you really believe the shit you post? 

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I am struggling to tell if Trump is forcing congress’ hand by some of his exec orders. Especially on DACA and healthcare. He pulls the rug out after they fail to act. The exec order comes in fucked like in healthcare and almost forces them to work bipartisan. If he gets real DACA and healthcare action done because of it that is bipartisan, he deserves some credit whether that was his intention or not. Kinda an interesting tactic. His actions hurt his base more than anything when you think about it. So if Congress comes through he somehow pulls a win out. Intriguing. 

For example? 

DACA should have been handled by congress not Obama.   

HCI subsidies had already been ruled unconstitutional (when Obama admin ordered the Treasury to pay them) and should have been handled by congress.  

On top of that the subsidies were much, much higher than the CBO projected.   They were wrong about them just like they were on everything else with Obamacare but somehow they are the voice of reason when it comes to predicting financial impacts of legislation.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

For example? 

DACA should have been handled by congress not Obama.   

HCI subsidies had already been ruled unconstitutional (when Obama admin ordered the Treasury to pay them) and should have been handled by congress.  

Everything he tweets... He doesn’t even know what he wants for healthcare. He just changes his mind every second.

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Everything he tweets... He doesn’t even know what he wants for healthcare. He just changes his mind every second.

:lol:   That's it.   What he tweets.  :lol:  

While I don't think some of what he tweets is very "Presidential" I'll concern myself more on what he does than what he "tweets."  

8 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

he's doing that kind of shit so he can take credit if it passes, point to others when it fails. he is not leading at all. obama had a game plan, described it, sold it. this clown does not. take a look at healthcare, he doesn't know shit about what's in the proposals.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

he's doing that kind of shit so he can take credit if it passes, point to others when it fails. he is not leading at all. obama had a game plan, described it, sold it. this clown does not. take a look at healthcare, he doesn't know shit about what's in the proposals.

I tend to agree. I just also find it curious that his bad exec actions will lead to the desired end goal. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

exactly what I just said.

He doesn’t care about healthcare. He just needs to have it done. Whatever means necessary. Whatever is done won’t take effect till after the midterms, so he gets a big W without having to concern himself with how shit the replacement is. It’s pure political garbage. 

I'm the menarime real everyday Americans are negatively impacted by Dumps egregious actions and outright stupidity.  Moreover - it's perplexing to see how many Dumoer's/Clown Posse members defend anything and everything he does....even as the lies are proven and fhose very actions are hypocritical/contradictory to previous ones.  

His supporters are truly the dumbest motherfuckers in America.  

Trump wanted a slow repeal of Obamacare as so not to rip the rug out from under anyone before something else was passed.

He wants increased competition across state lines and allowing larger groups to negotiate with drug companies.

He wants American's and Employers to decide what HI product best fits their needs.   Not a cookie cutter plan enforced by govt.  Why should a 60 year old pay for prenatal care?  

He wants preexisting conditions covered but the states decide if they have to pay more.

He does not want to mandate business' cover employee's.   Some companies self insure or use other methods to help employee coverage.

He doesn't want the govt paying insurance companies subsidies.

In the end he wants something done by CONGRESS and not just the power of the Presidential pen which is nothing more than Obamacare was.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Trump wanted a slow repeal of Obamacare as so not to rip the rug out from under anyone before something else was passed.

He wants increased competition across state lines and allowing larger groups to negotiate with drug companies.

He wants American's and Employers to decide what HI product best fits their needs.   Not a cookie cutter plan enforced by govt.  Why should a 60 year old pay for prenatal care?  

He wants preexisting conditions covered but the states decide if they have to pay more.

He does not want to mandate business' cover employee's.   Some companies self insure or use other methods to help employee coverage.

He doesn't want the govt paying insurance companies subsidies.

In the end he wants something done by CONGRESS and not just the power of the Presidential pen which is nothing more than Obamacare was.

:lmao: 

IMG_3124.GIF

IMG_3248.JPG