Anyone know?

Is there a way to use some kind of wireless Antenna to improve FM reception for a new radio which has no provision to use a plug in external Antenna?? I'm quite far from any radio stations and just bought a new radio today, I can only get 2 stations now, (barely).

25 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Take the back off and see if you could tap into the built in one?

Station strength gets better if I place my hand near the handle and screen. This is a new model DeWalt called "Tough System Music + Charger" Has BlueTooth plays MP3 & MP4 too.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

so if you turn it in diff directions does the reception change?

all the reviews seem really good.

Yes it changes.

Thing sounds really good..but I'm 25 miles from a station with a Forest between.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Yes it changes.

Thing sounds really good..but I'm 25 miles from a station with a Forest between.

Prolly that's your problem.

Other radios you have play about the same reception wise?

I would still look inside if not too hard to get into it.

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

the antenna is likely integrated into a circuit board like a cell phone ...not something you are going to tap into or modify

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

My other radios are hooked to an Antenna more that 70 high on my communications tower and play very well.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, f7ben said:

the antenna is likely integrated into a circuit board like a cell phone ...not something you are going to tap into or modify

Really..oh well.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

My other radios are hooked to a Antenna more that 70 high on my communications tower and play very well.

oh.

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

not necessarily, its probably a generic Chinese fm board that has a bolt hole for an external antenna.... or just a short piece of wire soldered on and routed across the case.

Just now, Polarissledder said:

not necessarily, its probably a generic Chinese fm board that has a bolt hole for an external antenna.... or just a short piece of wire soldered on and routed across the case.

entirely possible ....I just assumed if they eliminated the external unit they integrated it into an ICB somewhere

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

entirely possible ....I just assumed if they eliminated the external unit they integrated it into an ICB somewhere

clock radios use the power cord as an antenna... ipods etc use the headphone cord..... derp.

9 minutes ago, Polarissledder said:

clock radios use the power cord as an antenna... ipods etc use the headphone cord..... derp.

well that thing doesnt have a cord dumb fuck :lol:

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

This has a power cord and will also run off any slide on DeWalt battery.

I was just messing with him ......you'll have to open it up and see what its using for an antenna. It certainly isnt using the power cord :lol:

I may have to take it apart to have a look see, although I really hate to do that as it has a 3 year warranty and cost $229.

When I put my hand near it the reception changes, perhaps placing the wires from my Tower antenna on the radios case would help??? dunno.